No announcement yet.

Everything Christian Koloko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many many unis here have all you can eat dorms/food programs and the food is better and more varied than most of us eat every week. I assume it's the same at many US high end institutions. These elite level prospects aren't getting a cheese sandwich in a bag lol

Oh and you could take extra back to your room and many "guests" eat that way. Trust me I know
    There's also fruit and muffins etc out 18 hours a day.....

I do know of kids in the football program who chose the highest level food program before all you can eat (it's on a food credit card) who had emptied the card by the end of November lol. Much cheaper overall to buy the full program and the eat well

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
      Many many unis here have all you can eat dorms/food programs and the food is better and more varied than most of us eat every week. I assume it's the same at many US high end institutions. These elite level prospects aren't getting a cheese sandwich in a bag lol

Oh and you could take extra back to your room and many "guests" eat that way. Trust me I know
      There's also fruit and muffins etc out 18 hours a day.....

I do know of kids in the football program who chose the highest level food program before all you can eat (it's on a food credit card) who had emptied the card by the end of November lol. Much cheaper overall to buy the full program and the eat well
      The bag lunches are when athletes don't have time to go to the cafeteria, which is quite often due to team duties and classes, for instance a bus ride to an away game. When they do get to go to the cafeteria, nothing there is what an NBA pro would eat, literally nothing. It's cheap food made in mass quantities to serve hundreds of students at a time. It is a an all you can eat buffet but it's still buffet food, not high quality food. The student athletes get the same stuff as students, that's how it works. They aren't pros and aren't allowed compensation in the form of high end tailored meal plans. Their coaches can tell them what they should eat at the cafeteria but they're still eating cafeteria food.

Comment

• what the hell are you guys all talking about???? hahahaha stop. he eats fine.

Comment

• Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
            Holycrap
            he talks exactly like Pascal

Comment

• Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Sun Jul 10, 2022, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• Thought he showed well in the Summer League game. Only a couple of mistakes with regards to drop defense which could have been simple miscommunications with other players, or confusion about who would drop. Good footwork, as was claimed coming in. Definitely a lob threat. His foul shooting looks solid. I expected his one three-point attempt to go in, just looking at it. By the time the season rolls around he will be hitting them at a reasonable rate I am guessing.

He is a willing screener and makes good decisions on his rolls. He is definitely going to alter shots. I think he had 4 blocks in Saturday's game. If he racks up 10 to 15 blocks in summer league, he will have that on his scouting report and shooters will have to pay attention. He was also quite vocal ou D, shouting out and pointing when he saw actions.

This could be the second season in a row where the Raptors draft a known defender and surprise the league with an offensive contributor.

Comment

• I think they really lucked out with this kid. There’s been such a focus on wings that a big like this slips way back in the draft. There’s not much I didn’t like in game one.

Yep, he could’ve fouled less, but he knows he’s has 10 fouls to eat up, so he’s going to chase stuff. One was an offensive foul off a moving pick that wasn’t his fault, and I would say one other one was questionable on the defensive end. Plus, Nick told him to swing away at everything.

His post ups looked pretty good. He had a few rim outs but that portion of his game will come.

I was hoping to see a bit more from him on the boards, but Bassey was boxing him out well. At least he wasn’t giving up too much on the defensive end.

Can’t wait until game 2

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                    I think they really lucked out with this kid. There’s been such a focus on wings that a big like this slips way back in the draft. There’s not much I didn’t like in game one.

Yep, he could’ve fouled less, but he knows he’s has 10 fouls to eat up, so he’s going to chase stuff. One was an offensive foul off a moving pick that wasn’t his fault, and I would say one other one was questionable on the defensive end. Plus, Nick told him to swing away at everything.

His post ups looked pretty good. He had a few rim outs but that portion of his game will come.

I was hoping to see a bit more from him on the boards, but Bassey was boxing him out well. At least he wasn’t giving up too much on the defensive end.

Can’t wait until game 2
                    To add to your first point at this stage fouling is perfectly fine. What scares me is offensive decision making when its bad and lack of feel for the game. Koloko Has solid decision making with the ball .... he never looks panicked, and he has a clear cut feel for the game.

Comment

• Well I hope Koloko was the right pick cause 19 year old Bryce McGowan who was picked later looked really good in his first NBA summer league game.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        Well I hope Koloko was the right pick cause 19 year old Bryce McGowan who was picked later looked really good in his first NBA summer league game.

Do yourself a favour. Don’t post this without posting someone who was picked after him who didn’t do well (I know you’re a veteran so you don’t need this explanation).

Comment

• Koloko’s floor is Clint Capela, but we need a half decent PG to unlock his full potential.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

Do yourself a favour. Don’t post this without posting someone who was picked after him who didn’t do well (I know you’re a veteran so you don’t need this explanation).
                            Its just not anyone Bryce mcgowens was in fact another prospect the Raptors coveted so it would have been high probability if Koloko wasn't on board that they would have selected Bryce.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Well I hope Koloko was the right pick cause 19 year old Bryce McGowan who was picked later looked really good in his first NBA summer league game.

He was not the best .. shot poorly from 3 and shot poorly from the field.... I liked caleb houstan more but he went before us and jake laravia ... he is also small I want all guards in the future on this team to be 6'5 or taller. I think he was on the radar though but yeah. I am happy with koloko it shouldn't be a contest at this point in the draft.

Comment

• Koloko looked just like he was advertised. 3 steals and 3 blocks. He'll be a good defensive big. Offensively, for the time being probably just a rim runner and lob threat, but we'll see if he is able to expand his game to the 3 point line.

Comment

Working...
                                X