No announcement yet.

Everything Christian Koloko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He may get spot minutes this year, keep in mind big men take longer to develop. I’m pretty impressed with the skills he has now, he just needs to learn the system, get stronger, and make incremental improvements to his overall game. He’s patient when he has the ball, has a good feel for the game, has a pretty nice stroke, great footwork and mobility… we lucked out.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      He may get spot minutes this year, keep in mind big men take longer to develop. I’m pretty impressed with the skills he has now, he just needs to learn the system, get stronger, and make incremental improvements to his overall game. He’s patient when he has the ball, has a good feel for the game, has a pretty nice stroke, great footwork and mobility… we lucked out.
      Yeah I'd predict he appears in roughly half our regular season games and gets around 15 minutes in those, and spend the rest of the time getting heavy minutes in the G League.

Comment

• His footwork on those post touches he was getting is surprisingly good. He’s very skinny and still ends up getting to good spots based on his footwork, his finishing is just nowhere near good enough yet.

Reps reps reps.

He’ll get some run with the main team but I want him playing as much g league ball as possible. Let him put up 25 shots a game with the 905.

Comment

• Sorry KD.
          We already have our 35

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Yeah, but he's still got 3 years of college as opposed to being one and done. He's not a guy like Kai Jones from the previous draft that is further behind in his development.
            there is a difference though in terms of playing. My point is he has a really impressive grasp of the game considering when he started to play

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
              He may get spot minutes this year, keep in mind big men take longer to develop. I’m pretty impressed with the skills he has now, he just needs to learn the system, get stronger, and make incremental improvements to his overall game. He’s patient when he has the ball, has a good feel for the game, has a pretty nice stroke, great footwork and mobility… we lucked out.
              There is a need. He solves a need TODAY and can do that at a very consistent level at worst. So 10-15 minutes is not something that should be unexpected.... birch got surgery too so he may start slow.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                His footwork on those post touches he was getting is surprisingly good. He’s very skinny and still ends up getting to good spots based on his footwork, his finishing is just nowhere near good enough yet.

Reps reps reps.

He’ll get some run with the main team but I want him playing as much g league ball as possible. Let him put up 25 shots a game with the 905.
                just really needs core strength and practise.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

There is a need. He solves a need TODAY and can do that at a very consistent level at worst. So 10-15 minutes is not something that should be unexpected.... birch got surgery too so he may start slow.
                  Yeah, I'd imagine NN "experiments" back and forth with the backup centre spot. If Koloko can show out in his 10-15 then he could snatch it pretty quick for himself. But Nurse might give his veteran Birch his opportunity out of the gate while the youngster gets his sea legs.

Will be interesting to watch that dynamic evolve. Koloko could be good-to-go, you never know.

Comment

• NBA draft.net article about winners & losers from the draft based on their summer league performances. They named Koloko as a loser at the bottom of the page without explanation.

My guess is that they didn't watch him play except highlights and just checked out his offensive stats for final verdict.

https://www.nbadraft.net/summer-leag...ookie-edition/

Comment

• Let's be honest, he's going to have trouble getting minutes with the big club through this year. We're just too deep with vets that fit what we're trying to do. He's not just against Khem for minutes, he's up against almost everyone - from Banton to OG and Scottie.

Comment

• He'll get some minutes early on I think. If he fumbles it, his minutes will go down to nothing and if he shows he can contribute, he'll probably continue to get minutes.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          Let's be honest, he's going to have trouble getting minutes with the big club through this year. We're just too deep with vets that fit what we're trying to do. He's not just against Khem for minutes, he's up against almost everyone - from Banton to OG and Scottie.
                          It was expected.

He was selected based mostly on his defensive tangible assets and the Raptors are just hoping he is a quick learner so the plan was always to start at the 905 and hopefully bring him up slowly mid way thru the season.

Big's tend to be long term projects.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            He'll get some minutes early on I think. If he fumbles it, his minutes will go down to nothing and if he shows he can contribute, he'll probably continue to get minutes.
                            I'm agnostic about whether he spends time with the 905 or the Raps, I suspect it will be a bit of both, likely front end loaded with 905 time. All I care about is his development over the year and whether he can help us come playoff time. It'd be cool to see him brought to the big club for a few games during the season, when we play dominant big men, for him to gain experience and to use up his 6 fouls if we need them. It looks like we made a good pick, if he can help us now or even in the relatively near future, that's a huge win with the 33rd pick!

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

I'm agnostic about whether he spends time with the 905 or the Raps, I suspect it will be a bit of both, likely front end loaded with 905 time. All I care about is his development over the year and whether he can help us come playoff time. It'd be cool to see him brought to the big club for a few games during the season, when we play dominant big men, for him to gain experience and to use up his 6 fouls if we need them. It looks like we made a good pick, if he can help us now or even in the relatively near future, that's a huge win with the 33rd pick!
                              I say throw him to the lions with Embiid or Jokic for a few minutes just so he can get a taste at the level he needs to raise his game to.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                Let's be honest, he's going to have trouble getting minutes with the big club through this year. We're just too deep with vets that fit what we're trying to do. He's not just against Khem for minutes, he's up against almost everyone - from Banton to OG and Scottie.
                                Banton was just as raw, more raw in my opinion, yet he got 64 games and 696 minutes with the big club.

Nurse loves to experiment during the regular season to see what he's got and what guys need to work on. He will give Koloko minutes just to give him minutes since it's crucial for development that he feel the game at NBA speed.

Comment

Working...
                                X