Everything Christian Koloko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

It remains to be seen if Nurse was running his starters into the ground (40+ MPG) because our bench was trash though ....
    I think that's definitely the case. He didn't run the starters into the ground in 2019 or 2020 when we had a more veteran roster.

Comment

• I've been patiently waiting for ridiculously exciting video footage of Koloko nailing 3s, catching long range lobs and dunking with both left and right hands, sprinting down the floor for a catch, spin and dunk, and hitting a wide range of floaters from 8 - 18 feet out from the basket.

Note: could be separate videos. Don't have to all be in the same sequence.

Oh yeah. Also some off-season game tape showing him running with Scottie, Pascal, OG, Freddie, Precious, Gary, Thad, Otto, Khem, Delano, Justin, Dowtin, and the rest at a high competition training session.

That's all I want....except the videos much show improvement from his summer league experience.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I think that's definitely the case. He didn't run the starters into the ground in 2019 or 2020 when we had a more veteran roster.
        yup again I will keep saying.. ppl do not remember how bad our bench was because they stopped playing... Dragic was really bad for us and for the nets too on both ends of the floor. Yuta was constantly in and out when he was sick ....

Focusing on the others that didn't play... svi .... he got minutes early on in the season like most other guys./... in the first 20 games he had game highes of 34 twice when he was half way decent... and then he had a ton of games where he played 10-16 minutes... Once the new year came around in January (even leading up to that) he didn't play much.

On defence he was 33rd percentile and on offence 19th percentile.

Even looking at our 3rd quarter point differential throughout the season you see that is where a lot of games were lost. It is a key quarter as well because usually that is when your bench normally plays even if you are playing starters close to 40 minutes. The starters that played the most were Siakam and FVV who both played 37.9 minutes..... that leaves 10 minutes between mid 3rd and end of the 4th on average or how ever nick staggered the line ups.

Champagnie had moments but overall he was raw lastyear.... Dalano played consistently but 10 minutes.. his production was good to start but he tailed off. Flynn we know..

I think Siakam, OG and Barnes all had more rest when Thad came because they added a guy who could get all those guys' minutes down. Boucher was the only some what reliable bench contributor and to start the season he was really bad.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

2019 they had an insanely deep team. 2020 they had a 6 month break so everybody could heal up, refresh and play in the bubble.

That pre-bubble break was a big reason why Lebron and AD were healthy enough at the end to win it all. (*asterisk championship.)

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
            I've been patiently waiting for ridiculously exciting video footage of Koloko nailing 3s, catching long range lobs and dunking with both left and right hands, sprinting down the floor for a catch, spin and dunk, and hitting a wide range of floaters from 8 - 18 feet out from the basket.

Note: could be separate videos. Don't have to all be in the same sequence.

Oh yeah. Also some off-season game tape showing him running with Scottie, Pascal, OG, Freddie, Precious, Gary, Thad, Otto, Khem, Delano, Justin, Dowtin, and the rest at a high competition training session.

That's all I want....except the videos much show improvement from his summer league experience.
            It would be easier for him if everyone had expectations of a 2nd rounder spending most of the season in the G League and see what he turns into.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

2019 they had an insanely deep team. 2020 they had a 6 month break so everybody could heal up, refresh and play in the bubble.

That pre-bubble break was a big reason why Lebron and AD were healthy enough at the end to win it all. (*asterisk championship.)
              So what you are saying is when they have real depth, they use it?

The 2020 point there is silly, you can still look at the minutes distribution from the pre-COVID part of the season, they didn't know there was a 6 month break coming...
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

It would be easier for him if everyone had expectations of a 2nd rounder spending most of the season in the G League and see what he turns into.
                Those are indeed my expectations. I was just explaining what I want.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Those are indeed my expectations. I was just explaining what I want.
                  precisely

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

So what you are saying is when they have real depth, they use it?

The 2020 point there is silly, you can still look at the minutes distribution from the pre-COVID part of the season, they didn't know there was a 6 month break coming...
                    2019-20 is a great example. Lowry was 4th in MPG, Fred was 8th and Pascal was 11th. That was when we started to see the Thibs side of Nurse truly blossom. Exactly the opposite of silly, IMO.

Comment

2019-20 is a great example. Lowry was 4th in MPG, Fred was 8th and Pascal was 11th. That was when we started to see the Thibs side of Nurse truly blossom. Exactly the opposite of silly, IMO.
                      They all played a fairly reasonable 35-36 MPG. If they do that going forward I'm perfectly happy. It's this 38 MPG stuff that is a little silly.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

They all played a fairly reasonable 35-36 MPG. If they do that going forward I'm perfectly happy. It's this 38 MPG stuff that is a little silly.
                        Even the Tampa tank year, Fred was #2 and Pascal was 8th in MPG. No coach, other than Nurse, is approaching 38 MPG recently. It’s not like 29 other teams all have huge depth. Riding his starters is clearly a Nurse thing, relative to his peers. And hopefully that bad habit peaked last season. Every coach could do that to win more games but the elite coaches, like Spo, can develop depth and win at the same time without burning out their starters.

Comment

Even the Tampa tank year, Fred was #2 and Pascal was 8th in MPG. No coach, other than Nurse, is approaching 38 MPG recently. It’s not like 29 other teams all have huge depth. Riding his starters is clearly a Nurse thing, relative to his peers. And hopefully that bad habit peaked last season. Every coach could do that to win more games but the elite coaches, like Spo, can develop depth and win at the same time without burning out their starters.
                          he plays them more when we suck to catch up

spo had a better top line overall and had guys who know how to pace themselves.

Comment

OK, so we're all on the same page. When the depth is a complete disaster, for whatever reason, Nurse has overplayed his guys. In years where it is not, they tend to play more reasonable minutes. I have no issue with playing your best players about 36 a night, that's about right.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

OK, so we're all on the same page. When the depth is a complete disaster, for whatever reason, Nurse has overplayed his guys. In years where it is not, they tend to play more reasonable minutes. I have no issue with playing your best players about 36 a night, that's about right.
                              No we're not on the same page. Other teams have similar and worse depth issues as the Raptors... but they don't overplay their guys. Nurse is on the high end of the Thibs scale, and blowing right past Thibs last season. Good coaches, like Spo & Malone, develop their end-of-bench guys into depth pieces to soak up minutes, i.e., the type of guys who would be out of Nurse's rotation (aka... complete disaster depth).

I mean, the Nuggets had horrific luck with injuries to 2 major minutes guys last season. Malone could have easily over-played Jokic to win more games and nobody would have faulted him. But he didn't (only 33.5 MPG). When Austin Rivers, Monte Morris and old man Jeff Green are in your top 6 MPG... that's the real definition of a depth disaster.

Nurse is Thibs 2.0. There's no denying it.

Comment

No we're not on the same page. Other teams have similar and worse depth issues as the Raptors... but they don't overplay their guys. Nurse is on the high end of the Thibs scale, and blowing right past Thibs last season. Good coaches, like Spo & Malone, develop their end-of-bench guys into depth pieces to soak up minutes, i.e., the type of guys who would be out of Nurse's rotation (aka... complete disaster depth).

I mean, the Nuggets had horrific luck with injuries to 2 major minutes guys last season. Malone could have easily over-played Jokic to win more games and nobody would have faulted him. But he didn't (only 33.5 MPG). When Austin Rivers, Monte Morris and old man Jeff Green are in your top 6 MPG... that's the real definition of a depth disaster.

Nurse is Thibs 2.0. There's no denying it.
                                It seems like you are saying the same thing I am. Nurse plays his guys too much when the depth isn't there, but it's not really an issue when the depth is there.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X