Everything Christian Koloko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

this is the advantage of rico runs.. but also summer league is never really set up to let big men shine for the most part. They didn't exactly run a ton for him but they occasionally tested it out to see what he had... the scouting report was spot on.. struggles to go to his left hand ... has some passing flashes (I SAID FLASHES), but I truly believe he can pass. Much more switchable than even I thought. Keep in mind I was a big proponent of him being switchable. Lob threat was a given. Rebounding needs some work on the defensive end.. on the offensive end its there. He is without question a rim protector
    Clint Capela floor
    Ibaka ceiling

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Clint Capela floor
      Ibaka ceiling

I think defensively you are looking at ... actually I will hold off on it because you will all roast me.

Comment

• He’s signed! Three years for all those that were thinking that would be better than two. As per our old friend Blake.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          He’s signed! Three years for all those that were thinking that would be better than two. As per our old friend Blake.
          $1.5M this year and then 2 min deals after that. Using the MLE. So we're now hard capped. I guess we can't sign Harris now unless we waive someone else.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

$1.5M this year and then 2 min deals after that. Using the MLE. So we're now hard capped. I guess we can't sign Harris now unless we waive someone else.
            Anyone from the bench which we haven't seen at the Rico runs is fair game to be waived imo. Svi, Watanabe, Bongo etc.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

it was stated previously that we were targeting him for 905 anyways... we can still cut some salary in dj wilson who is likely out.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Anyone from the bench which we haven't seen at the Rico runs is fair game to be waived imo. Svi, Watanabe, Bongo etc.
                Watanabe and Bonga are not under contract.. so they are gone already.

You can bring 20 to camp. Including Svi and Harris that makes 21. So if we cut Svi we're good. Still have to whittle that down to 15 and the 2+two-ways.. so 3 more cuts after camp. I think Gabe Brown is already set to get an exhibit 10 (ie, g-league) contract so he'd be one.

The other 2 cuts would likely be DJ Wilson and maybe Harper Jr. Then move Harris to the second two-way with Downtin. Not sure what they do with that 3rd cut. Maybe Hernangomez. But he got a full guarantee for the year.

A trade would clear things up too.

Comment

it was stated previously that we were targeting him for 905 anyways... we can still cut some salary in dj wilson who is likely out.
                  You mean Harris? So like another exhibit-10 contract? Would he go for that?

Comment

• Pretty smart to use the MLE not only to give three years, but a nice first year salary boost. Lots of room under the tax still so why not? I like that they stuck with three years and didn't do the silly four year deal. Three years, I assume fully guaranteed, and full Bird Rights and RFA rights at the end of it, which is the important part. Also, eligible for an extension before his third year up to roughly the MLE, the Norm Powell extension.

Roster at 20 officially now. Harris would make 21 if he signed his QO or another contract. Culver as well would make 22. Gabe Brown will definitely be cut as he's an exhibit 10 guy, which could clear room for one of those guys, but they may want to see him in camp first.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think defensively you are looking at ... actually I will hold off on it because you will all roast me.
                      AD?

He can be better than Serge on D,
                      but not on offense.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

AD?

He can be better than Serge on D,
                        but not on offense.
                        Do you remember Serg's offence when he came into the league? It's not a high bar.

I don't want to even expectations on this kid, I know it's just pick up, but he looks comfortable in those Rico Runs. Guarding Trae for a few processions and containing him, blocking everyone, finishing at the rim, running the floor well... He's impressive already and only going to get more polished.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Pretty smart to use the MLE not only to give three years, but a nice first year salary boost. Lots of room under the tax still so why not? I like that they stuck with three years and didn't do the silly four year deal. Three years, I assume fully guaranteed, and full Bird Rights and RFA rights at the end of it, which is the important part. Also, eligible for an extension before his third year up to roughly the MLE, the Norm Powell extension.

Roster at 20 officially now. Harris would make 21 if he signed his QO or another contract. Culver as well would make 22. Gabe Brown will definitely be cut as he's an exhibit 10 guy, which could clear room for one of those guys, but they may want to see him in camp first.
                          Nembhard and Williams got 3 years + team option rookie deals. Does the team lose their RFA rights if they exercise the 4th year, or something like that?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Nembhard and Williams got 3 years + team option rookie deals. Does the team lose their RFA rights if they exercise the 4th year, or something like that?
                            Yes.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I just watched another Rico run posted in the last 24 hours. Koloko looks like a different player than in Summer League. I think the adjustment from the traditionally slower college game to the pace and space NBA game is starting to sink in. He's still slight of frame, but is finding his spots on offense and defense.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                                I just watched another Rico run posted in the last 24 hours. Koloko looks like a different player than in Summer League. I think the adjustment from the traditionally slower college game to the pace and space NBA game is starting to sink in. He's still slight of frame, but is finding his spots on offense and defense.
                                There was one posted today also with Steph Curry. At the beginning of the Run I saw Kevon Looney taking Koloko to school underneath the basket but it appears he is now more patient to pump fakes and it was harder for Looney to score on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X