Everything Christian Koloko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    who said he wouldn't play or start again?
    I said this, as a big fan that wanted him at 33, and then almost immediately walked it back:

Let's be honest, he's going to have trouble getting minutes with the big club through this year. We're just too deep with vets that fit what we're trying to do. He's not just against Khem for minutes, he's up against almost everyone - from Banton to OG and Scottie.

Super pumped that he’s getting minutes right out of the gate. What a steal!

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

I said this, as a big fan that wanted him at 33, and then almost immediately walked it back:

Let's be honest, he's going to have trouble getting minutes with the big club through this year. We're just too deep with vets that fit what we're trying to do. He's not just against Khem for minutes, he's up against almost everyone - from Banton to OG and Scottie.

Super pumped that he’s getting minutes right out of the gate. What a steal!
      I still think he can carve out 10 minutes a night when everyone is healthy (I am assuming we find a way to trade some of our assets for either a bench upgrade or better).

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I still think he can carve out 10 minutes a night when everyone is healthy (I am assuming we find a way to trade some of our assets for either a bench upgrade or better).
        If we start Precious I can definitely see Koloko getting a regular role.

If not, hard to see how the rotation could fit the starter minutes, Precious' minutes, Boucher's minutes and still slot him in, in any meaningful way.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

If we start Precious I can definitely see Koloko getting a regular role.

If not, hard to see how the rotation could fit the starter minutes, Precious' minutes, Boucher's minutes and still slot him in, in any meaningful way.
          I think I heard that Nurse wants to keep Boucher and Precious together as a bench unit. So yeah.... Koloko will be situational when everybody is healthy.

Comment

• Same pattern as last year. Give the young players minutes early in the season to see what they have and if it's not up to the teams expectation they get used only as needed. This team is about winning as Masai has said many...many times.

Comment

• This guy has the trifecta from what you might want in a prospect 1) high potential, 2) able to play and contribute immediately, and 3) fits a need. Not too shabby for the 33rd pick in the draft.

Comment

• For a rook..his doing a hell of a job. I will keep saying it, until they get a legitimate center, veteran, that can help us now and that can help this kid in long run and be catalyst, until koloko is ready..remember this is regular season, playoffs are different all together. I'm happy for him, keep it up rook, I'm very impressed, definitely not a second rd...lol..if they re did the draft, he would easily be top 10..not sure what other Sacramento General Managers were smoking..but damn..Masai is making this 2 easy.
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Really likin' this kid
                  "Koloko's stat line hardly stands out, but he quietly contested 14 shots in his 23 minutes, which was nine more than any other teammate."

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                    Really likin' this kid
                    "Koloko's stat line hardly stands out, but he quietly contested 14 shots in his 23 minutes, which was nine more than any other teammate."
                    He's a perfect fit in the starting lineup. We don't need a 5th guy trying to score. Just contest shots and grab rebounds, which he is doing and the starting lineup is flourishing.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

He's a perfect fit in the starting lineup. We don't need a 5th guy trying to score. Just contest shots and grab rebounds, which he is doing and the starting lineup is flourishing.
                      With a little time/experience and filling out/going up and coming down strong with the ball, he could be a 10/10 guy even without emphasis on scoring

Comment

• The starting line up the last couple of games with Koloko instead of Fred has a Net Rating of 38.0. That's awesome stuff. Now it's just a sample of 2 games and against two fairly easy teams. Atlanta was on their 4th game in 6 nights on the road. Spurs are the Spurs missing their best player.

But still that's a good sign. Would be curious if Fred sits out again for Dallas. As long as we're rolling, no hurry to bring him back in my opinion.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

With a little time/experience and filling out/going up and coming down strong with the ball, he could be a 10/10 guy even without emphasis on scoring
                          Plus 2 to 3 blks per game
                          Like Capela

Exactly what we need

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            The starting line up the last couple of games with Koloko instead of Fred has a Net Rating of 38.0. That's awesome stuff. Now it's just a sample of 2 games and against two fairly easy teams. Atlanta was on their 4th game in 6 nights on the road. Spurs are the Spurs missing their best player.

But still that's a good sign. Would be curious if Fred sits out again for Dallas. As long as we're rolling, no hurry to bring him back in my opinion.
                            I don't think they will hurry him back.

I don't think we're a better team without Fred, we've just played some teams that don't play defense. Weird to say that about the Spurs, but they're just so young and not trying to win right now.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I don't think they will hurry him back..
                              Agree.

NN and FVV himself need to revaluate the things that led to this breakdown again.

First of NN didn't bench FVV when he saw FVV wasn't moving right or hitting his shots.

Secondly FVV said he was good when he clearly wasn't and continue to play. Yes its pride thing and ego thing but you ain't helping yourself sitting injured the following games because of that.

There has to be something to stop this foolishness like last season where FVV clearly wasn't right prior to the All-Star break and still played, still went to the All-Star game which followed by him not playing well/injury management time off and missing the playoffs all together.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Agree.

NN and FVV himself need to revaluate the things that led to this breakdown again.

First of NN didn't bench FVV when he saw FVV wasn't moving right or hitting his shots.

Secondly FVV said he was good when he clearly wasn't and continue to play. Yes its pride thing and ego thing but you ain't helping yourself sitting injured the following games because of that.

There has to be something to stop this foolishness like last season where FVV clearly wasn't right prior to the All-Star break and still played, still went to the All-Star game which followed by him not playing well/injury management time off and missing the playoffs all together.
                                I thought we have one of the best medical team in the league?
                                Kawhi was proof of that.

Or is it too much player empowerment rearing its ugly head again

Comment

Working...
                                X