Everything Christian Koloko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    As always we are getting carried away. He is getting spoon fed on both ends right now and doing well to his credit. He's not been tested yet.

Precious is already a really good defender but people are down on him because of his offense. Koloko will need to add to his offense as well despite the recent comments on the forum about just needing a guy who rebounds. That's nonsense.
    Offensively sure, he is just a dunker and garbage man, which is not a bad thing. Defensively, he has been pretty impressive. His positioning to contest has been on point.

Comment

• Nick's T paying off

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        As always we are getting carried away. He is getting spoon fed on both ends right now and doing well to his credit. He's not been tested yet.

Precious is already a really good defender but people are down on him because of his offense. Koloko will need to add to his offense as well despite the recent comments on the forum about just needing a guy who rebounds. That's nonsense.
        Eh Koloko is already miles ahead of where I thought he would be. One of the biggest and most pleasant surprises of the season imo.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Eh Koloko is already miles ahead of where I thought he would be. One of the biggest and most pleasant surprises of the season imo.
          Agreed, pleasant surprise. No to permanent starter right now though.

Comment

• I said he would get real minutes and some of yall argued with me

Comment

• It was obvious hed get starts soon. Nick doesnt care if his sgs and sfs pfs and pgs score as long as they play D so...

Comment

• Most blocks in a game by a rookie (7)

Comment

• Once this guy starts shooting 3s...

Comment

• I kinda knew he's capable of this as he was doing this in college too.

What's really surprising to me was that one of the Raptors he tied for most blocks was---

ANDREA BARGNANI ????
                    Last edited by Kagemusha; Mon Nov 7, 2022, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                      I kinda knew he's capable of this as he was doing this in college too.

What's really surprising to me was that one of the Raptors he tied for most blocks was---

ANDREA BARGNANI ????
                      Yep. Koloko's college defensive potential looks like it translates to the NBA. The only other guy who recently put up Pac-12 stats like this was.... Evan Mobley.

golden wrote: View Post
                      Some Koloko PAC-12 advanced stats:

ORTG: 127.3. (1st)
                      DRTG: 88.6. (1st)
                      PER: 28.0. (1st)
                      Blocks: 102. (1st)
                      BLK %: 10.3. (1st)
                      TS%: .661. (1st)
                      WS/48: .250. (1st)
                      Box +/-: 10.5 (1st)

We have a more athletic Rudy Gobert, with shooting potential, on a rookie scale contract. This is a great pick.

Comment

• So we moved down 13 spots in the draft in the Thad Young trade and still found this gem in the second round. Wonder if Masai and Bobby would have taken him at 20.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yep. Koloko's college defensive potential looks like it translates to the NBA. The only other guy who recently put up Pac-12 stats like this was.... Evan Mobley.
                          Yeah, you never know with the college numbers but he seems to have made a pretty smooth transition. And there is a lot to his game that can be improved. Very pleasant surprise for me cause I thought he'd have trouble getting on the floor at all.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                            So we moved down 13 spots in the draft in the Thad Young trade and still found this gem in the second round. Wonder if Masai and Bobby would have taken him at 20.
                            He would have been strongly in the mix at 20, if not our pick. Masai has been following him for years and seems to love his underrated African players.

Comment

• Christian is a secret no longer.

Seventh in Vecenies Rookie Rankings

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                                Christian is a secret no longer.

Seventh in Vecenies Rookie Rankings
                                Gotta admit I had him all wrong before the season started when I said Nurse would give him a shot in the beginning and he'd eventually be replaced by the vets. Christian has been a pleasant surprise and worked his way into the normal rotation.

Comment

Working...
                                X