Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything NBA Summer League 2022-23

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Maybe they want the space to see other guys?

    Comment


    • golden wrote: View Post
      Great to see!

      Comment


      • The Great One wrote: View Post

        Like guyroch said, why doesn't he volunteer to play? who cares if he's entering his 3rd year? he's proven nothing. He's been a bench warmer his first 2 years in the league. DeRozan who was a lottery pick and was a starter his rookie season volunteered to play in the summer league in his 2nd season - and he dominated summer league along with Weems.
        Hmm, maybe the Raptors want looks at other guys?
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

        Comment


        • DanH wrote: View Post

          Hmm, maybe the Raptors want looks at other guys?
          Yeah and Flynn played well last summer league and that didn't exactly translate to regular season play so what is the point now?!

          Jeff Dowtin has been sneakily looked good in summer league but thus far it hasn't really translated into NBA success and he is 25 years old.

          Comment


          • Kudos to you guys watching summer league. God it is awful.

            Comment


            • The Great One wrote: View Post

              Like guyroch said, why doesn't he volunteer to play? who cares if he's entering his 3rd year? he's proven nothing. He's been a bench warmer his first 2 years in the league. DeRozan who was a lottery pick and was a starter his rookie season volunteered to play in the summer league in his 2nd season - and he dominated summer league along with Weems.
              That’s great for the legend of DeMar, but sucks if you were a guy who turned down a $100k/yr contract in Europe so that you could get your last shot at the NBA. But you couldn’t get off the bench because DeMar was hoarding 30 minutes of precious playing time, when he didn’t even need to be there.

              Comment


              • golden wrote: View Post

                That’s great for the legend of DeMar, but sucks if you were a guy who turned down a $100k/yr contract in Europe so that you could get your last shot at the NBA. But you couldn’t get off the bench because DeMar was hoarding 30 minutes of precious playing time, when he didn’t even need to be there.
                I look at SL as a developmental league and not some tryout league. Flynn is more important to this team than some guy like Sims who have no chance of making the team(sorry i'm just being honest). DeRozan a few years ago said that playing SL in his rookie year and his sophomore year was big for his development. And from what I remember, DeRozan dominated SL in his 2nd year. If there was a tournament back then the Raptors probably would've won the whole thing.

                Flynn should be out there developing chemistry with guys like Champenny, Banton and Koloko.
                Mamba Mentality

                Comment


                • The Great One wrote: View Post

                  I look at SL as a developmental league and not some tryout league.
                  But it's exactly a tryout league. It's only a week long and 90% of the guys won't even be in training camp.

                  Comment


                  • golden wrote: View Post

                    That’s great for the legend of DeMar, but sucks if you were a guy who turned down a $100k/yr contract in Europe so that you could get your last shot at the NBA. But you couldn’t get off the bench because DeMar was hoarding 30 minutes of precious playing time, when he didn’t even need to be there.
                    Drew League is a nice off season league where anyone can hone in their offensive skills, without regard to defensive fundamentals and still take MVP awards.

                    Hoarding 30 minutes is nothing.
                    #TradeVanVleet

                    Comment


                    • Limited Upside wrote: View Post

                      But it's exactly a tryout league. It's only a week long and 90% of the guys won't even be in training camp.
                      SL is basically the equivalent of America's Got Talent vs. shiny new draft picks.

                      Comment


                      • Limited Upside wrote: View Post

                        But it's exactly a tryout league. It's only a week long and 90% of the guys won't even be in training camp.
                        100% This!

                        Summer League is not G League, which actually is a developmental league. It's a massive step below G League. If Flynn needs more development he can do it in G League against much better competition.

                        In 2010 when Derozan played in his 2nd summer league there was no G League and no Raptors 905, we were able to put a few guys on the Red Ants on a roster shared between a bunch of teams. It was shit for development so it made a lot more sense to run it back in one more summer league. It doesn't make sense anymore when we have the 905. I don't think it made sense for Demar to play again but it was at least somewhat defensible at the time.

                        Also I don't think Great One has been watching the games. Summer league is 1 quarter of good basketball and then devolves into everyone going hero ball trying to get noticed. It sucks for development. It's a tryout.

                        Comment


                        • Primer wrote: View Post

                          100% This!

                          Summer League is not G League, which actually is a developmental league. It's a massive step below G League. If Flynn needs more development he can do it in G League against much better competition.

                          In 2010 when Derozan played in his 2nd summer league there was no G League and no Raptors 905, we were able to put a few guys on the Red Ants on a roster shared between a bunch of teams. It was shit for development so it made a lot more sense to run it back in one more summer league. It doesn't make sense anymore when we have the 905. I don't think it made sense for Demar to play again but it was at least somewhat defensible at the time.

                          Also I don't think Great One has been watching the games. Summer league is 1 quarter of good basketball and then devolves into everyone going hero ball trying to get noticed. It sucks for development. It's a tryout.
                          No one is "developing" during a week of summer league games where most guys are fighting for their basketball careers (either in the NBA or Europe). Not to say players won't learn things that can ultimately make them better but that's not what it is for.

                          The Raps have also used it as a good team building opportunity with the vets coming to Vegas, which I think is smart, but that's something mostly outside the league itself.

                          Comment


                          • Bruno revenge game
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                            Comment


                            • Kurucs, wearing a black "Zorro" mask has hands of butter - ball slipping through his hands a few times

                              Comment


                              • Kuruc is horrible.
                                Mamba Mentality

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X