Everything NBA Summer League 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Didn't Harris average 14/3/2 with a steal or something in Europe? Not exactly shitting the bed.
    He wasn't efficient. He is also lacking consistent efficiency in the CEBL. A league full of G Leaguers, former NBA part-timers and Euro league pros. It's just not a good look to be consistently inconsistent in multiple leagues. He's definitely taken a step back. Looking a lot like a high end G Leaguer right now. It sucks, I hope he can make it back to the NBA, but its not looking good.

Comment

I think Dalano, David Johnson and Champagnie are the only NBA guys locked in for summer league.

They might have Malachi there as well, and we still have the partial guarantee with Armoni so he has a chance too, but not sure why people think guys like Yuta or Svi will be on the roster.

Comment

Bonga and Yuta will be free agents by the time summer league starts and I don’t see us trying to bring back either

Doubt we waste a summer league roster spot on either. And just don’t see any way shape or form Svi agrees to play summer league. He played 1 g league game this season and dropped an efficient 40 piece. He’s clearly too good for that level

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post

He wasn't efficient. He is also lacking consistent efficiency in the CEBL. A league full of G Leaguers, former NBA part-timers and Euro league pros. It's just not a good look to be consistently inconsistent in multiple leagues. He's definitely taken a step back. Looking a lot like a high end G Leaguer right now. It sucks, I hope he can make it back to the NBA, but its not looking good.
          Taken a step back from what? Miniscule minutes on the Raps? 7 games with the 905?

He was poor from 3 this year (maybe that's where he took a step back, he did shoot well in his short stint in the G), pretty efficient from 2 though (46+% in Europe). 2nd in PPG in the CEBL.

Again, if he's going to be an impactful combo-guard in the NBA he needs that 3-ball. But I don't think he's discounted himself either from being an end-of-bench roleplaying scorer either.

And he probably played for Scarborough for a reason (to bring himself in closer contact with the Raps).

Comment

Taken a step back from what? Miniscule minutes on the Raps? 7 games with the 905?

He was poor from 3 this year (maybe that's where he took a step back, he did shoot well in his short stint in the G), pretty efficient from 2 though (46+% in Europe). 2nd in PPG in the CEBL.

Again, if he's going to be an impactful combo-guard in the NBA he needs that 3-ball. But I don't think he's discounted himself either from being an end-of-bench roleplaying scorer either.

And he probably played for Scarborough for a reason (to bring himself in closer contact with the Raps).
            He would be a catch and shoot guy for us, not one of the best players on the team. I'm glad you can see the difference, a lot of posters here can't. I'm sure in Euro and CEBL he was the top guy to cover on defense. That will never happen on the Raptors. If we wanted him to be one of our top scorers I'd be concerned but we don't and when he played his role with us he was good over a 13 game stretch.

Comment

i can't pretend to have followed any part of jalen harris' career since he got suspended from the NBA, but looking now i see he's leading his team in scoring and is second in the entire league, albeit not efficiently at all.

not sure if that's a huge concern or not. people often expect players to just dominate other leagues if they've ever gotten a whiff of the NBA, and mentally write them off if they don't. but as luka said, the NBA is generally an easier league to score in. the space afforded players in the NBA is not seen in europe or in college, which are also generally more physical.

i've never watched a CEBL game so can't comment on what that league is like, but if similar that could partially explain the efficiency dip (along with being the center of the opponent's defensive game plan, as hypothesized by others above).

i don't have strong feelings about him one way or the other, but hope he is reinstated and gets a camp invite to battle it out for a roster spot

Comment

I'm confused here. Why are you quoting me as if I think he has a chance to make the Raptors roster? I don't think he does. I thought my quote was pretty clear about that. The more data there is on him, the worse it looks. That's all I was saying.

Everywhere he's gone he's played a limited number of games. A limited number in the NBA, G League, France (he did not play a full season) and now CEBL. The only thing consistent, is his inconsistency. THAT and he's able to score in ways no NBA team will ever give him the freedom to play. We're talking about an end of bench guy here. If he was more than that he would be scoring at way higher FG%s in non-NBA leagues.

Yeah, not sure why you're quoting me like this.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                  And just don’t see any way shape or form Svi agrees to play summer league. He played 1 g league game this season and dropped an efficient 40 piece. He’s clearly too good for that level
                  Svi may be too good for G league (I guess?) but it definitely wouldn't hurt for him to remind people of that, if so, as he's looked like absolute trash at the NBA level, (sorry Svi.).

If he ever wants to play another game in the NBA he shouldn't be thinking he's 'too good' for anything at this point.

Either way, I'd prefer to cut and run, if possible.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Svi may be too good for G league (I guess?) but it definitely wouldn't hurt for him to remind people of that, if so, as he's looked like absolute trash at the NBA level, (sorry Svi.).

If he ever wants to play another game in the NBA he shouldn't be thinking he's 'too good' for anything at this point.

Either way, I'd prefer to cut and run, if possible.
                    Agree on cut and run but I think he’s already shown he’s better than that level

Whats the benefit for him? If he plays and kills it he shows what we already know (he’s better than a g leaguer). If he plays and stinks it up he plummets his value even more

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

Agree on cut and run but I think he’s already shown he’s better than that level

Whats the benefit for him? If he plays and kills it he shows what we already know (he’s better than a g leaguer). If he plays and stinks it up he plummets his value even more
                      Svi has a guaranteed deal and isn't a rookie or 2nd year player. Those guys never play summer league.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

Svi has a guaranteed deal and isn't a rookie or 2nd year player. Those guys never play summer league.
                        Yeah, that's a good point. Momentarily, blissfully forgot we guaranteed him.

Maybe you can rebuild your value in Summer League next year, Svi.

Comment

can’t wait

Comment

So Summer League (California Classic) started this weekend. The only thing of note to me was Scottie Pippen Jr's play. Lakers need to shut him down and offer him a contract. No one else stood out to me.

Comment

We’re less than a week out and our roster still hasn’t been announced?

Comment

the second after I posted that lol…

Comment

Working...
                                X