Everything NBA Summer League 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything NBA Summer League 2022-23

The Summer League conversation is sort of getting drowned out in the Offseason thread so I decided to start this up now instead of waiting.

First the Raps Summer League schedule:Roster:

Recently reported:

planetmars wrote: View Post

blackjitsu wrote: View Post

Another Summer League name - Jaylen Sims
    https://twitter.com/JonChep/status/1...CxgYv13uAqAAAA

...and Trey Porter
    https://twitter.com/Carchia/status/1...C-ncvxn-EqAAAA

Best guess, the team will include deep bench players like:

Dalano Banton
    Isaac Bonga
    Armoni Brooks
    Malachi Flynn
    David Johnson
    Svi Mykhailiuk
    Yuta Watanabe
    Justin Champagnie

and new Rookies
    Christian Koloko
    Ron Harper Jr.
    Last edited by blackjitsu; Sun Jun 26, 2022, 02:15 PM.

A name I missed -- Abu Kigab
    https://twitter.com/JonChep/status/1540353786765611009

Comment

Svi definitely won’t be at summer league

Yuta probably won’t either

Comment

Barcello looks really good.. we could use another elite 3pt shooter since we had Thomas. He basically looks like a Payton Pritchard clone. Flynn has some legit competition at camp IMO.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Barcello looks really good.. we could use another elite 3pt shooter since we had Thomas. He basically looks like a Payton Pritchard clone. Flynn has some legit competition at camp IMO.
          I watched some Barcello highlights and yeah he looks pretty good. He's not just a spot up shooter. He can catch and shoot and shoot off the dribble. He's got a quick release too. This ain't Matt Thomas. Thomas was nothing more than a spot up shooter. Yeah he can shoot BUT what drives me nuts about Thomas was that he wouldn't shoot the ball unless he's wide wide wide wide open. He's the perfect example of why sometimes stats can fool you. Thomas 3p% in Euro League was off the charts but most of his 3's there were probably wide open. In the NBA, you have to work extremely hard to get wide open. If you're a shooter and you can't catch and shoot then you're pretty much useless.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
            Svi definitely won’t be at summer league

Yuta probably won’t either
            You're probably right, but both Yuta and Svi would help themselves by being seen by scouts. If Svi is cut at pre-season camp, I can't think of an NBA team that will pick him up after last season. Both should consider Summer League

Comment

Yuta has played his last game as a Raptor. He's a UFA. I don't see them bringing h back. Why would they?
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                Yuta has played his last game as a Raptor. He's a UFA. I don't see them bringing h back. Why would they?
                They almost certainly will not.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

I watched some Barcello highlights and yeah he looks pretty good. He's not just a spot up shooter. He can catch and shoot and shoot off the dribble. He's got a quick release too. This ain't Matt Thomas. Thomas was nothing more than a spot up shooter. Yeah he can shoot BUT what drives me nuts about Thomas was that he wouldn't shoot the ball unless he's wide wide wide wide open. He's the perfect example of why sometimes stats can fool you. Thomas 3p% in Euro League was off the charts but most of his 3's there were probably wide open. In the NBA, you have to work extremely hard to get wide open. If you're a shooter and you can't catch and shoot then you're pretty much useless.
                  Watching Barcelo play is like going back in time. Lol
                  Solid shooter though.

Comment

One more player to add to the list:
                    Ryan Hawkins

He was a 6 foot 7, 5th year senior at Creighton (transfer)
                    Originally a Div 2 player that won pretty much every conference award possible before transferring to Creighton (Big East)
                    https://basketball.realgm.com/player...Summary/110322

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                      One more player to add to the list:
                      Ryan Hawkins

He was a 6 foot 7, 5th year senior at Creighton (transfer)
                      Originally a Div 2 player that won pretty much every conference award possible before transferring to Creighton (Big East)
                      https://basketball.realgm.com/player...Summary/110322
                      He's 25.5 years old.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

He's 25.5 years old.
                        That probably explains how he got those crazy stats in Div 2! Literally a man against boys LOL

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

He's 25.5 years old.
                          But the school he came from also developed Doug Mcdermott & Kyle Korver so maybe if he can get a consistent 3 going he might become the 3rd specialized annoying guy that gets buckets but not face the Raps for a change with the killer 3's.

Chris Boucher was also an old rookie so it isn't the end of the world.

Comment

Jaylen Sims looks like a baller, though an inefficient one. Can create for himself which is nice.

Comment

Any chance Jalen Harris gets invited?

Comment

Working...
                              X