Everything NBA Summer League 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G__Deane wrote: View Post

When you're a famous athlete, naming your kid Scotty Pippen Jr, Or Bronny James or Vlad Guerrero Jr even Gary Trent Jr is an unneeded burden on the kid Martin Kenyon Jr is OK because no one remembers his Dad.

At least Dell Curry had the sense to name his kids Steph and Seth lol

All better than George Foreman and George Jr and George Jr II and George Jr III and George Jr ....
    Don't forget our very own Ron Harper Jr struggled in highschool/college living to that name.

Gary Trent Jr not so bad as outside of Minnesota, he was simply a backup journeyman.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

Don't forget our very own Ron Harper Jr struggled in highschool/college living to that name.

Gary Trent Jr not so bad as outside of Minnesota, he was simply a backup journeyman.
      It's more Pippen Jordan and James as a last name playing basketball.....the expectations, the guys gunning for you. Bad enough without having the same first name

Comment

No one remembers Kenyon Martin??

Thats a hot take

Comment

Light these days. Harpers the heaviest at 245

they should have a summer league here

Comment

GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
            the second after I posted that lol…
            Other than Barcello and I guess David Johnson. Who else on that team can shoot?
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

Other than Barcello and I guess David Johnson. Who else on that team can shoot?
              Harper, Champagnie, Brooks, others? Even Banton will be looking to get up reps with an improved jumper - don’t forget he shot almost 40% on 4 attempts per for the 905. Champagnie was at 41%, Brooks over 44%.
              Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Tue Jul 5, 2022, 11:02 AM.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Harper, Champagnie, Brooks, others? Even Banton will be looking to get up reps with an improved jumper - don’t forget he shot almost 40% on 4 attempts per for the 905. Champagnie was at 41%, Brooks over 44%.
                Yeah anyone who thinks Banton can't shoot hasn't checked his G League stats.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

Yeah anyone who thinks Banton can't shoot hasn't checked his G League stats.
                  Justin Anderson shot 40% from 3 in the G-League last year and is a career 37% 3-pt shooter down there (over 4 seasons), but he shoots 25% from 3 in the NBA. He also shot 45% from 3, his last year in college. But he simply can't shoot the 3 vs NBA length and quickness.

It's not just that Banton can't shoot the 3 at the NBA level right now. His misses, even from short mid-range, are pretty bad. He's showing a complete lack of confidence from being sped up. Some guys never actually adjust to NBA speed and end up in Europe.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Justin Anderson shot 40% from 3 in the G-League last year and is a career 37% 3-pt shooter down there (over 4 seasons), but he shoots 25% from 3 in the NBA. He also shot 45% from 3, his last year in college. But he simply can't shoot the 3 vs NBA length and quickness.

It's not just that Banton can't shoot the 3 at the NBA level right now. His misses, even from short mid-range, are pretty bad. He's showing a complete lack of confidence from being sped up. Some guys never actually adjust to NBA speed and end up in Europe.
                    Yeah but this is the summer league thread and this was a response to saying we don't have shooters. Summer league is lower quality than G League and Banton will be able to get his shot off just like in G League. Whether it transfers to the NBA regular season is a different question, but we have enough shooters on the summer league squad. I'd expect even Koloko to be able to get his shots off.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

Yeah but this is the summer league thread and this was a response to saying we don't have shooters. Summer league is lower quality than G League and Banton will be able to get his shot off just like in G League. Whether it transfers to the NBA regular season is a different question, but we have enough shooters on the summer league squad. I'd expect even Koloko to be able to get his shots off.
                      Fair enough.... if we're trying to win the Summer League championship, then I guess we're set.

Comment

Looks like Jovic is going to be worth following this Summer. He looks like a G Leaguer, but he's not afraid of contact. Once he adds some strength the Heat might have something. Is it me, or does his 3P shot form look a little weird?

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                          Looks like Jovic is going to be worth following this Summer. He looks like a G Leaguer, but he's not afraid of contact. Once he adds some strength the Heat might have something. Is it me, or does his 3P shot form look a little weird?

It looks weird to me too. Almost like he's pushing it instead of shooting it.

Comment

shouldn't jump to conclusions after one summer league game, but i thought chet should have gone number 1 and man he looks like he could be special

Comment

Chet Noodle is the best nickname so far. lmao.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                                Chet Noodle is the best nickname so far. lmao.
                                Being over 7 feet and below 200 lbs is wild

Comment

Working...
                                X