X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post

Jalen Harris is probably behind Banton, Champagnie & RHJ . Due to his age , he is probably behind David Johnson as well. I hope we can see him in Raptors summer league but he might be better off finding a summer league team without too many prospects vying for NBA minutes.
    He's turning 24 mid August, he's not pushing 30. If Raps are allowed to have him in camp he could easily beat out all of those guys for a roster spot and / or minutes. I hope he's in the mix for us and we have him at training camp if not the summer league.
    Last edited by Primer; Wed Jun 29, 2022, 05:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post

Jalen Harris is probably behind Banton, Champagnie & RHJ . Due to his age , he is probably behind David Johnson as well. I hope we can see him in Raptors summer league but he might be better off finding a summer league team without too many prospects vying for NBA minutes.
    Depends, at this point he's got to be thankful to get a fair shake at the tail of the bench, if he and his agent have been doing/saying the right things staying connected with the Raps.

He struggled with his 3-ball more than you'd like, but didn't forget how to score in Europe. And our 3rd unit could maybe use scoring pop and breakdown ability at the 2 (especially because of our use of Scottie and Banton as big primary guards), even something like: DJ, Harris, RHJr, Champagnie, Birch would be fun.

Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Wed Jun 29, 2022, 03:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

I think there's a chance, but he has to be reinstated by the NBA first.

Once he is, wouldn't be surprised if he ended up with the second two-way spot, or at least got a crack at it through a training camp invite.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Time to turn the page from Jalen Harris.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Any chance Jalen Harris gets invited?
    I think there's a chance, but he has to be reinstated by the NBA first.

Once he is, wouldn't be surprised if he ended up with the second two-way spot, or at least got a crack at it through a training camp invite.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Any chance Jalen Harris gets invited?

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Jaylen Sims looks like a baller, though an inefficient one. Can create for himself which is nice.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

He's 25.5 years old.
    But the school he came from also developed Doug Mcdermott & Kyle Korver so maybe if he can get a consistent 3 going he might become the 3rd specialized annoying guy that gets buckets but not face the Raps for a change with the killer 3's.

Chris Boucher was also an old rookie so it isn't the end of the world.

Leave a comment:

• blackjitsu
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

He's 25.5 years old.
    That probably explains how he got those crazy stats in Div 2! Literally a man against boys LOL

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    One more player to add to the list:
    Ryan Hawkins

He was a 6 foot 7, 5th year senior at Creighton (transfer)
    Originally a Div 2 player that won pretty much every conference award possible before transferring to Creighton (Big East)
    https://basketball.realgm.com/player...Summary/110322
    He's 25.5 years old.

Leave a comment:

• blackjitsu
    replied
    One more player to add to the list:
    Ryan Hawkins

He was a 6 foot 7, 5th year senior at Creighton (transfer)
    Originally a Div 2 player that won pretty much every conference award possible before transferring to Creighton (Big East)
    https://basketball.realgm.com/player...Summary/110322

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

I watched some Barcello highlights and yeah he looks pretty good. He's not just a spot up shooter. He can catch and shoot and shoot off the dribble. He's got a quick release too. This ain't Matt Thomas. Thomas was nothing more than a spot up shooter. Yeah he can shoot BUT what drives me nuts about Thomas was that he wouldn't shoot the ball unless he's wide wide wide wide open. He's the perfect example of why sometimes stats can fool you. Thomas 3p% in Euro League was off the charts but most of his 3's there were probably wide open. In the NBA, you have to work extremely hard to get wide open. If you're a shooter and you can't catch and shoot then you're pretty much useless.
    Watching Barcelo play is like going back in time. Lol
    Solid shooter though.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    Yuta has played his last game as a Raptor. He's a UFA. I don't see them bringing h back. Why would they?
    They almost certainly will not.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Yuta has played his last game as a Raptor. He's a UFA. I don't see them bringing h back. Why would they?

Leave a comment:

• blackjitsu
    replied
    Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Svi definitely won’t be at summer league

Yuta probably won’t either
    You're probably right, but both Yuta and Svi would help themselves by being seen by scouts. If Svi is cut at pre-season camp, I can't think of an NBA team that will pick him up after last season. Both should consider Summer League

Leave a comment:

Working...
X