• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Water is wet

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...ge-for-durant/

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Memphis may be able to move one of JJJ/Bane and keep the other. I don't know if both have to be going to the Nets. Plus I'm sure the Nets would prefer to move KD out West than to a division rival.

but why would the nets want JJJ if their goal is to compete this year when he just got surgery and will be out till december

Comment

• I think memphis will lurk but I don't think they will snag KD ultimately.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

but why would the nets want JJJ if their goal is to compete this year when he just got surgery and will be out till december
          I don't know what you mean by "compete". Once they move off from KD they won't be contenders. I think they can still be a play-in / playoff team if JJJ is out a couple of months. He's a really good young player on a long term deal. Just isn't very healthy all the time.

If the Nets want one good young player and a boat load of picks.. Memphis is right there in the thick of things.

Comment

I don't know what you mean by "compete". Once they move off from KD they won't be contenders. I think they can still be a play-in / playoff team if JJJ is out a couple of months. He's a really good young player on a long term deal. Just isn't very healthy all the time.

If the Nets want one good young player and a boat load of picks.. Memphis is right there in the thick of things.
            When I say compete... they need to be more relevant than the knicks that is their first goal. They want to compete because they have no control over their own picks. So their goal is not to tank..

I am also running under the assumption that they will definitely trade KD between now and next year... and that once KD is gone... they will trade Kyrie...

They will not get any players that are close to those talent levels.

JJJ is very good and I like him but he may be too injury prone for their liking.

Comment

Lol
              Nets barely got in to the playoffs with at least 2 of their three superstars playing together the entire season, and we expect Kyrie to carry them?

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

But trading for KD means the Grizz would lose their starting C and their starting 2 guard and more. And JJJ and Bane are not just good offensive players, they're also great defensive players.

I don't think it's worth it.

The best KD trade rumour that I heard that makes sense for both teams was KD to Boston for Brown, G. Williams, White + draft picks. If the Nets really turned that trade down then they're not serious about trading KD.
                Nets want a bidding war and it ain't happening for them right now.

They may be willing to risk it and go into the season with Durant not know if he shows up so in a later date where teams become more desperate for change will cough up more.

It's all one big gamble.

Comment

When I say compete... they need to be more relevant than the knicks that is their first goal. They want to compete because they have no control over their own picks. So their goal is not to tank..

I am also running under the assumption that they will definitely trade KD between now and next year... and that once KD is gone... they will trade Kyrie...

They will not get any players that are close to those talent levels.

JJJ is very good and I like him but he may be too injury prone for their liking.
                  Their 2023 pick is a pick swap with Houston. They will likely be better than Houston so get to keep their pick. Worst case its a lottery pick anyway which they keep. As for their other picks, they will likely get at least 3 or 4 from a KD trade to recoup those.

If they want to compete with NY that's not that tough. It's a competition for the play-in. Charlotte takes a big hit with Bridges not being there. I don't see Orlando, Detroit or Indiana making it. Washington is likely to fail again even though they want to win now. I see Brooklyn/NY competing in that 8-9-10 slot with some other teams like Atlanta, Toronto maybe, or a team ravaged with injuries. If Ben plays all season they might make it.

I don't expect Kyrie to be on the roster on opening day.. especially if KD is traded. But if they can part with their stars and bring in guys that want to play hard.. they could get in just by having some good team chemistry.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Lol
                    Nets barely got in to the playoffs with at least 2 of their three superstars playing together the entire season, and we expect Kyrie to carry them?
                    Chemistry matters. Without KD/Kyrie they could actually do better than they did last season. Maybe not advance far in the playoffs.. but they could still get in. Just takes about 45 wins and some injury luck. 43 wins got 8th seed last year.

Comment

But trading for KD means the Grizz would lose their starting C and their starting 2 guard and more. And JJJ and Bane are not just good offensive players, they're also great defensive players.

I don't think it's worth it.

The best KD trade rumour that I heard that makes sense for both teams was KD to Boston for Brown, G. Williams, White + draft picks. If the Nets really turned that trade down then they're not serious about trading KD.
                      Steve Adams is the Grizz center (he started 75 game last year) - JJJ starts at PF. So KD would replace JJJ, which is an overall upgrade. Bane's shooting would be tough to lose, so the Grizz could push to get Seth Curry back in the deal, as the. Nets don't need 2 undersized SGs. Defensively, yes, JJJ is good, but if you have KD in the lineup, you can make up the difference on offense.

Grizzlies biggest problem might actually be Dillon Brooks, who is a very good defender, but he simply shoots them out of games. But you put KD on the team and there's no way anybody's going to let Dillon Brooks take the kind of shots he's been taking.

You always seem to be ragging on OG about being injured, so I'm surprised that you're not pointing out how perpetually injured JJJ is. I mean, he's injured right now. That's the type of player you should consider trading when you have the opportunity to do it. You never mention FVV, who misses games every year, though. Seems like you have a selective bias on that topic.

Comment

Their 2023 pick is a pick swap with Houston. They will likely be better than Houston so get to keep their pick. Worst case its a lottery pick anyway which they keep. As for their other picks, they will likely get at least 3 or 4 from a KD trade to recoup those.

If they want to compete with NY that's not that tough. It's a competition for the play-in. Charlotte takes a big hit with Bridges not being there. I don't see Orlando, Detroit or Indiana making it. Washington is likely to fail again even though they want to win now. I see Brooklyn/NY competing in that 8-9-10 slot with some other teams like Atlanta, Toronto maybe, or a team ravaged with injuries. If Ben plays all season they might make it.

I don't expect Kyrie to be on the roster on opening day.. especially if KD is traded. But if they can part with their stars and bring in guys that want to play hard.. they could get in just by having some good team chemistry.
                        my point is tanking isn't in the cards...

as for kyrie.. we will see. I don't think he is someone who a lot of teams want to give up assets for except MAYBE the lakers.

Comment

my point is tanking isn't in the cards...

as for kyrie.. we will see. I don't think he is someone who a lot of teams want to give up assets for except MAYBE the lakers.
                          I can most def see Kyrie joining Lakers in the summer of 2023 as a free agent so I don't see L.A giving anything of value at this point (nor do they have much to give).

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Steve Adams is the Grizz center (he started 75 game last year) - JJJ starts at PF. So KD would replace JJJ, which is an overall upgrade. Bane's shooting would be tough to lose, so the Grizz could push to get Seth Curry back in the deal, as the. Nets don't need 2 undersized SGs. Defensively, yes, JJJ is good, but if you have KD in the lineup, you can make up the difference on offense.

Grizzlies biggest problem might actually be Dillon Brooks, who is a very good defender, but he simply shoots them out of games. But you put KD on the team and there's no way anybody's going to let Dillon Brooks take the kind of shots he's been taking.

You always seem to be ragging on OG about being injured, so I'm surprised that you're not pointing out how perpetually injured JJJ is. I mean, he's injured right now. That's the type of player you should consider trading when you have the opportunity to do it. You never mention FVV, who misses games every year, though. Seems like you have a selective bias on that topic.
                            JJJ doesn't have injury history as long as OG(this is going back to college). JJJ just finished his 4th year where he played 78 games. Too early to call him injury prone. But anyway, I don't really care if he's injury prone or not. I don't care about the Grizzlies at all. I just posted Shams tweet lol not sure what you're going on about.

Second, I should've said he's their small ball C. Adams is their starting C. But guess what? they always finishes the game with a small ball lineup.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

JJJ doesn't have injury history as long as OG(this is going back to college). JJJ just finished his 4th year where he played 78 games. Too early to call him injury prone. But anyway, I don't really care if he's injury prone or not. I don't care about the Grizzlies at all. I just posted Shams tweet lol not sure what you're going on about.

Second, I should've said he's their small ball C. Adams is their starting C. But guess what? they always finishes the game with a small ball lineup.
                              I think there are cheaper things they will be able to get as they come available this season like turner. teams will want to tank happens every year and this year there are a few teams who are definitely interested in selling off assets ..... so you could trade adams and a first for turner

but also JJJ is literally injured right now.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/j...cture-in-foot/

Comment

but also JJJ is literally injured right now.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/j...cture-in-foot/
                                Lol I did not know that. 4-6 months. Yikes.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X