The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I don't think Poku is an NBA player. He'll be out of the league soon I suspect. But yeah they want length and lots of it. Wonder if they bench Shai for half the season again for some undisclosed injury.
    So is Chet.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

So is Chet.
      Chet is more skilled than Poku is. Chet has that KD potential. Poku never did.

Simmons, Embiid and Griffin all were hurt too in their rookie years and they have had long careers. Hopefully the same thing happens with Chet. But it could also end up being a Greg Oden situation. We'll see I guess.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Yeah I don't see SGA wanting out after agreeing to a nice fat contract that kicks in starting at 30 million this season, knowing they will still not be a serious contender in the next few years . But i'm sure by his third contract season if things don't change significantly for the better there will be rumbling that maybe its time to part ways as he is entered his prime and wasting it on a team still stuck in 2nd gear.

Things will work out smoothly at the end unlike the messy debacle in Brooklyn.
        I could see SGA asking to be traded if OKC is tanking the season. It's one thing for them to suck, but if they're trying not to win yet another season then what is he playing for?

Comment

Chet is more skilled than Poku is. Chet has that KD potential. Poku never did.

Simmons, Embiid and Griffin all were hurt too in their rookie years and they have had long careers. Hopefully the same thing happens with Chet. But it could also end up being a Greg Oden situation. We'll see I guess.
          What? No.
          KD was a beast in college.
          Chet was being pushed around. Lol

Comment

What? No.
            KD was a beast in college.
            Chet was being pushed around. Lol
            KD was on a team that let him take as many shots as he wanted. But efficiently Chet was much better. Chet also hit about 40% of his 3's just like KD did. I don't think Chet would be the next KD as that's ridiculous. KD is a top 15 player all time. But they are both smooth and have great handles for their sizes. Chet is a really good shot blocker. The being pushed around stuff is silly since they are both basically SG's.

Comment

KD was on a team that let him take as many shots as he wanted. But efficiently Chet was much better. Chet also hit about 40% of his 3's just like KD did. I don't think Chet would be the next KD as that's ridiculous. KD is a top 15 player all time. But they are both smooth and have great handles for their sizes. Chet is a really good shot blocker. The being pushed around stuff is silly since they are both basically SG's.
              I thought you said Chet has KD potential, which means he can be KD.

Chet can't defend college forwards, what more the strong and seasoned pros.
              He is a good help defender though.

How are he and KD small guards?

Comment

I thought you said Chet has KD potential, which means he can be KD.

Chet can't defend college forwards, what more the strong and seasoned pros.
                He is a good help defender though.

How are he and KD small guards?
                Chet has the potential to be a great player.. when you talk potential you always go to a ceiling. Like Scottie and the Giannis or Kawhi comparisons.

A SG is a shooting guard. When has it ever been small guard? They both play out on the perimeter. They can handle the ball and they are elite shooters. They don't bang inside like your 90's style bigs. They are not Bam Adebayo's for example.

Chet is super skilled like KD is. Whether he becomes KD or better is unlikely, but he's also only 20 years old.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I could see SGA asking to be traded if OKC is tanking the season. It's one thing for them to suck, but if they're trying not to win yet another season then what is he playing for?
                  Money. It's a contract. It's still a job.

Comment

Chet has the potential to be a great player.. when you talk potential you always go to a ceiling. Like Scottie and the Giannis or Kawhi comparisons.

A SG is a shooting guard. When has it ever been small guard? They both play out on the perimeter. They can handle the ball and they are elite shooters. They don't bang inside like your 90's style bigs. They are not Bam Adebayo's for example.

Chet is super skilled like KD is. Whether he becomes KD or better is unlikely, but he's also only 20 years old.
                    Sorry, i mean shooting guard.

And l said no, I can't see Chet having a KD ceiling that's why I cited his play in college.
                    I see his KP as his ceiling, IF he can stay healthy
                    Last edited by Kagemusha; Thu Aug 25, 2022, 06:03 PM.

Comment

I don't think Poku is an NBA player. He'll be out of the league soon I suspect. But yeah they want length and lots of it. Wonder if they bench Shai for half the season again for some undisclosed injury.
                      I worry about Victor holding up as well.

Comment

Money. It's a contract. It's still a job.
                        He can get paid on any other team except he can also be winning.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

He can get paid on any other team except he can also be winning.
                          Beal & Lillard are doing just fine losing with big contracts for staying in those environments.

Comment

Beal & Lillard are doing just fine losing with big contracts for staying in those environments.
                            I don't understand how some players who seem to be dogs can stomach losing.
                            I mean, they're already set for life. Why not chase greatness?

Comment

Losing in every form sucks, but there is a difference between losing while trying to win (Wiz & Blazers) and actively trying to lose (OKC).

Also, you can't know that what makes those guys tick is the same for Shai.

Comment

I don't understand how some players who seem to be dogs can stomach losing.
                                I mean, they're already set for life. Why not chase greatness?
                                If I had to guess it's a combination of the much greater wealth they get from sticking with the same team (super max deal) and the bar for "greatness" being set so high. They're never going to be considered all time greats like LeBron, Kobe or Duncan. Beal & Lillard don't even make the All Star team unless the first option is out with injury.

Comment

Working...
                                X