The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

If this is true, it looks like the asking price has went down? Would also mean more teams could now give an offer as well I guess
    Can we trade any combination of OG & GTJ for a recent & non-declining All-Star to meet the Nets request?

From the last 2 ASGs, the most gettable targets, IMO, would be: Middleton, Sabonis, Vucevic, Jarrett Allen, Wiggins & Julius Randle.

Comment

• As the KD world turns, thought it was gonna get done...but I can c this going another week, hope I'm wrong, but the price keeps going down, that's what been reported.
      I believe if the Raptors put Freddy in the deal, the deal is done, instead of OG.
      Freddy, Gary Trent, Byrch, Flynn and Five 1st rd picks..crazy..giving up 5 1st rd picks..
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

They didn't, its just a rumor like the Durant trade is still just a rumor.

Thomas Bryant doesn't tip the balance anyway.
        Balance is already tipped.

Celtics were a better team than we were last season and got a little bit better again than we did in the off season.
        I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Celtics win the East next year.

Scotty could eventually tip the scales back imo.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
          As the KD world turns, thought it was gonna get done...but I can c this going another week, hope I'm wrong, but the price keeps going down, that's what been reported.
          I believe if the Raptors put Freddy in the deal, the deal is done, instead of OG.
          Freddy, Gary Trent, Byrch, Flynn and Five 1st rd picks..crazy..giving up 5 1st rd picks..
          It's the 5 first round picks that are the deal breaker for me.. I just don't like that even before the players which I'm OK with

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Balance is already tipped.

Celtics were a better team than we were last season and got a little bit better again than we did in the off season.
            I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Celtics win the East next year.

Scotty could eventually tip the scales back imo.
            Also the Celtics got things that they were missing in failing to beat the Warriors at the finals: Improve play making and shooting.

Raptors bench is still a bit thin going in.

Comment

• Does the Nets' TJ Warren signing impact how they value OG, or even his replacement(s) for the Suns', Cameron Johnson or Mikal Bridges?

Seems like a bad faith signing, as if they are trying to say, "we don't need OG, we have Warren" and pull our assets value down.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Can we trade any combination of OG & GTJ for a recent & non-declining All-Star to meet the Nets request?

From the last 2 ASGs, the most gettable targets, IMO, would be: Middleton, Sabonis, Vucevic, Jarrett Allen, Wiggins & Julius Randle.
                I would think Milwaukee might need a third team, but they would do it. Kings don't move Sabonis, not sure the Nets would want Vuc, Cleveland would be interesting (but they already had Allen), Wiggins-- people in the Bay would be upset, but Golden State totally would, no way Knicks make a trade with the Nets unless they think they're fleecing them.

I think Fred is available. He was the only member of the Raps "core" that wasn't up here for the draft. OG, Pascal, and Scotty were here. Also, we still haven't heard any extension news. That sounded like it was done before the KD news popped up.

We shall see

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Middleton is a free agent at the end of the year.. Julius randle doesn't fit and honestly had a huge decline last year. Vuc cannot defend, Sabonis cannot defend at all, Cav's aren't tradaing allen, Wiggins .... that would be a talent downgrade unless they included additionaly guys like kuminga... which they wouldn't.

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
                    Does the Nets' TJ Warren signing impact how they value OG, or even his replacement(s) for the Suns', Cameron Johnson or Mikal Bridges?
                    Maybe a little, but TJ Warren hasn't been healthy so they don't know what they are really going to get out of him yet which is why they probably signed him for cheap.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

If they want an all star, I'd part with Fred, Trent, Khem and picks. We keep OG. A starting lineup of Scottie, OG, KD, Pascal and Precious is intriguing.

If the tweet about Nets not wanting to pair Scottie with Simmons is true, do they really want to pair Simmons with Pascal? Fred would be the ideal fit for Simmons.
                      pretty sure pascal is a different level of player at this exact moment than scottie offensively all respect to the future GROAT 2.0.

Comment

• All star and “several picks”? Ok this is gonna take awhile

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

It's the 5 first round picks that are the deal breaker for me.. I just don't like that even before the players which I'm OK with
                          No deal for 34 year old KD is going to include 5 1st rdrs.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                            All star and “several picks”? Ok this is gonna take awhile
                            price keeps going down

Comment

• I think something will happen by the end of the week. Phoenix still has a day or two to try and send Ayton somewhere to get the assets needed to trade for KD. That's my guess what the hold up is, Nets waiting to see if Phoenix can make a better offer than us.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                I think something will happen by the end of the week. Phoenix still has a day or two to try and send Ayton somewhere to get the assets needed to trade for KD. That's my guess what the hold up is, Nets waiting to see if Phoenix can make a better offer than us.
                                You think so? this feels like James Harden all over again. The Rockets traded him what? mid season?
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X