The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    Just for fun, decided to check Kawhi's original asking price.

https://www.thesportster.com/basketb...e-for-leonard/
    Steep.

Still...

LAL should've done it

suckkkkkkas

(That said, I don't think we should budge.)

(edit --- I mean, I guess they did get an asterisk chip with AD in the end... still though.)
    Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Thu Jul 7, 2022, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Steep.

Still...

LAL should've done it

suckkkkkkas

Do us a huge service, photoshop and superimposed KD’s head

if you can’t, I would still have that mental picture until he KD goes somewhere else

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Do us a huge service, photoshop and superimposed KD’s head

if you can’t, I would still have that mental picture until he KD goes somewhere else
        ha... Gotta wait for it to happen organically.

Comment

• This is my trade suggestion:

4 Team trade proposal:

Raptors trade for: Myles turner+Seth curry

Suns:
          Durant, Birch (Low level replacement for Ayton), McConnell (to backup CP3)

Pacers:
          Ayton, Saric (Salary dump 9M for future cap flexibility after getting Ayton a max there) and 2023 SRP (unprotected) from Raptors

Nets:
          Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson (From Suns)
          OG, Mykhailuk, and 2023 FRP (unprotected) (From Raptors)
          Goga Bitadze, Terry Taylor 2025 SRP (From Pacers)

Nets will get back a lot of young talent to work with here. I've ignored the trade machines + - win probability improvement as it's not a great indicator how well a season will go for each trade.

Raptors get a good big man in Turner, a sharpshooter in Seth to bolster our bench unit, only giving up OG for them.

Get rid of Svi, since Nurse wouldn't use him that much.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2haznu6m

Raptors starting lineup should be a title contender:

Vanvleet
          Trent
          Barnes
          Siakam
          Turner

Bench:
          Seth
          Achiuwa
          Porter
          Boucher
          Young

Flynn as back up.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I imagine something gets done before the season with Durant. It's only going to get harder to orchestrate a trade once the season begins.
            Yep. Salary cap space aside (which is also a thing especially if they chase three team deals), the real crunch is roster spots. So many Durant deals are going to be 3- or 4- or 5-for-1 deals. The 20 spot roster in the offseason is very helpful with those, you can accept junk from other teams in one or two spots and just waive them. In-season, you have at best one spot to fill (min roster of 14, max of 15), and you have to clear room to make the trade, so you are forced to waive from your roster to bring in any junk salary ballast.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Reyaz123 wrote: View Post
              This is my trade suggestion:

4 Team trade proposal:

Raptors trade for: Myles turner+Seth curry

Suns:
              Durant, Birch (Low level replacement for Ayton), McConnell (to backup CP3)

Pacers:
              Ayton, Saric (Salary dump 9M for future cap flexibility after getting Ayton a max there) and 2023 SRP (unprotected) from Raptors

Nets:
              Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson (From Suns)
              OG, Mykhailuk, and 2023 FRP (unprotected) (From Raptors)
              Goga Bitadze, Terry Taylor 2025 SRP (From Pacers)

Nets will get back a lot of young talent to work with here. I've ignored the trade machines + - win probability improvement as it's not a great indicator how well a season will go for each trade.

Raptors get a good big man in Turner, a sharpshooter in Seth to bolster our bench unit, only giving up OG for them.

Get rid of Svi, since Nurse wouldn't use him that much.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2haznu6m

Raptors starting lineup should be a title contender:

Vanvleet
              Trent
              Barnes
              Siakam
              Turner

Bench:
              Seth
              Achiuwa
              Porter
              Boucher
              Young

Flynn as back up.
              They aren't going to trade OG for a C.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KD-adjacent thought:

If I'm the Raptors, I keep the Jazz informed as to what we disclose to them as the current level of offer for Kevin Durant, and let them know that if they're interested at some point in the future in trading Mitchell, serious talks can be arranged.

Mitchell is not currently a better player than Durant, but can likely be had for a lower offer, does not have the risk of age-related falling off a proverbial cliff in a couple of years (and will thus hold his value better), and does not have the same question marks around chemistry and desire/ability to be an alpha. Mitchell also shores up a position of need for the Raptors.

Your thoughts?

Comment

• I don't think KD is going to get traded.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                    I don't think KD is going to get traded.
                    Nets first need to trade Simmons to give them more options to get the young all-star they want.

Comment

• I'm of the opinion that the Nets will lower their asking price. They'll never get the value they want for KD whether its now, the trade deadline or next off-season.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Nets first need to trade Simmons to give them more options to get the young all-star they want.
                        Isn't Ben Simmons a young all star?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                          KD-adjacent thought:

If I'm the Raptors, I keep the Jazz informed as to what we disclose to them as the current level of offer for Kevin Durant, and let them know that if they're interested at some point in the future in trading Mitchell, serious talks can be arranged.

Mitchell is not currently a better player than Durant, but can likely be had for a lower offer, does not have the risk of age-related falling off a proverbial cliff in a couple of years (and will thus hold his value better), and does not have the same question marks around chemistry and desire/ability to be an alpha. Mitchell also shores up a position of need for the Raptors.

Your thoughts?
                          Fred van vleet + fillers for mitchell is best scennario for me, but i think jazz gonna ask too much for mitchell

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Isn't Ben Simmons a young all star?
                            Not the young all star they want. He's damaged goods (mentally & possibly physically).

Comment

• I do think the idea that FVV may be in a KD deal is interesting. I can't see why the Nets would want that, but the absolute dream scenario for the Raptors, I would think, would be a deal that sends FVV and Gary as the key pieces (all star, young piece with promise) along with a pile of picks. That lets them keep their all wings concept and just add an all world scorer to it.

As long as the Raps haven't signed FVV to his extension it remains an option. I don't think FVV not signing yet is an indication of anything (they've done vet extensions way late into off-seasons before), but it's still fun to think about even though the deal just doesn't make much sense to me from a Brooklyn perspective, although maybe what they want is different from what I think they should want.

The hesitation from the Raptors side would be from a leadership and shooting perspective. Which is fair. Of course, you lose the same shooting if it's an OG and Trent deal...
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                I do think the idea that FVV may be in a KD deal is interesting. I can't see why the Nets would want that, but the absolute dream scenario for the Raptors, I would think, would be a deal that sends FVV and Gary as the key pieces (all star, young piece with promise) along with a pile of picks. That lets them keep their all wings concept and just add an all world scorer to it.

As long as the Raps haven't signed FVV to his extension it remains an option. I don't think FVV not signing yet is an indication of anything (they've done vet extensions way late into off-seasons before), but it's still fun to think about even though the deal just doesn't make much sense to me from a Brooklyn perspective, although maybe what they want is different from what I think they should want.

The hesitation from the Raptors side would be from a leadership and shooting perspective. Which is fair. Of course, you lose the same shooting if it's an OG and Trent deal...
                                This is the only trade i am ok with
                                Barnes- kd- og- siakam- precious seems like a fun lineup

Comment

Working...
                                X