The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I'm guessing Turner would be part of the deal maybe Duarte as well as picks. But if the Nets are not interested in Ayton why would they have any interest in Turner? Ayton is the better player and also younger.

Maybe they think they can sweeten the pot for a better package for Durant from the Raptors if they include Turner as well. Its not a secret Turner has been sought after from Masai.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Maybe they think they can sweeten the pot for a better package for Durant from the Raptors if they include Turner as well. Its not a secret Turner has been sought after from Masai.
      Very interesting.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Very interesting.

It might not be even a packaged deal as it would be huge, maybe another team or two will be involved in this transaction and the Raps either get KD or Turner back.

Comment

• I'm pretty interested to see the return for Phoenix here. I'd guess some 2nd round picks.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I don't think they can trade turner right away actually if he is part of that deal... and I don't know if they necessarily need to trade turner (the pacers).
            They'd have to execute it at the same time as the KD deal, make it a three team deal.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              I'm pretty interested to see the return for Phoenix here. I'd guess some 2nd round picks.
              may be second round picks and perhaps a smaller salary i dont think they will be getting turner but I could be wrong.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

They'd have to execute it at the same time as the KD deal, make it a three team deal.
                precisely why I don't think its a possibility

Comment

I'm guessing Turner would be part of the deal maybe Duarte as well as picks. But if the Nets are not interested in Ayton why would they have any interest in Turner? Ayton is the better player and also younger.
                  The issue is not that the Nets don't want Ayton, it's that they can't receive a signed and traded player because they are way over the hard cap threshold (meaning they aren't allowed to trigger the hard cap, which receiving Ayton would do).

So it's possible they'd be interested in Turner. Whether they actually are or not is up for debate, as is whether a Turner and Bridges deal is actually better than an OG/Trent or FVV/Trent deal.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

precisely why I don't think its a possibility
                    It's possible. Just have to figure it out fast before Indy gets impatient and signs Ayton to an offer sheet.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

It's possible. Just have to figure it out fast before Indy gets impatient and signs Ayton to an offer sheet.
                      I'm thinking the Nets are really screwing themselves here by starting with such a ridiculous asking price for KD. I don't think Phoenix has time to wait for the price to lower so they're probably already out of the KD sweepstakes and just focused on getting a return for Ayton.

Comment

I'm thinking the Nets are really screwing themselves here by starting with such a ridiculous asking price for KD. I don't think Phoenix has time to wait for the price to lower so they're probably already out of the KD sweepstakes and just focused on getting a return for Ayton.
                        it was completely ridiculous if the ask was truly what is out there.. then yeah.. its also a huge turn off to a lot of teams because it signals you aren't serious about getting a deal and they are not going to waste their time. I think patience wise masai is still front runner he has the assets, has the patience... if a deal were to include the insane asks of pascal and barnes or either one of those two ... it would have by now.

Comment

Yeah, the trade request was already late into the off-season and all their ridiculous ask did was waste time while more trade options were being taken off the table.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, the trade request was already late into the off-season and all their ridiculous ask did was waste time while more trade options were being taken off the table.
                            I mean it was technically 2 hours before free agency so it just messed with alot of teams plans but yes I agree with your assessment of their ask

Comment

I mean it was technically 2 hours before free agency so it just messed with alot of teams plans but yes I agree with your assessment of their ask
                              When a franchise altering player like KD comes on to the market, teams need to know as far in advance as possible to the type of bidding war going, that they were hoping for. Considering they want a haul of picks... a few weeks before the draft would be kind of the latest point, and even then a few teams were already making some trades.

Basically, KD should be the first domino to fall in an off-season, holding up everything else. Of course the problem, once again, was Kyrie... they were waiting for his negotiation to conclude. Kyrie somehow finds a way to directly or indirectly sabotage every franchise he's with. lol.

Comment

The timing definitely sucked for the Nets because you can pull a draft day trade and maybe get a guaranteed top pick as part of the package, and can always actually execute the trade in July so there is plenty of cap room around to facilitate (or can use 2021-22 salaries for some deal configurations if that is easier).
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X