No announcement yet.

The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have zero worries about including Fred if that gets the deal done. We've been talking all offseason about how Fred is gonna be the SG now and Scottie will be the PG. KD is a more than sufficient replacement for Fred at SG.

Fred + OG
    OG + Trent
    Fred + Trent

Any of those for KD and we're a legit title contender.

I think to save face Nets need Fred or Pascal in the trade so they can say they got an all star back.

Throw 3 unprotected 1sts on there and see if they take it. Those picks are all going to be end of the 1st round so not a huge loss.
    Last edited by Primer; Sat Jul 2, 2022, 03:33 PM.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

If you include Fred, I'd wanna see Curry coming back...

ie OG GTJ FVV and picks for Durant and Curry. (Not sure if they'd value Fred that highly to add Curry to Durant, but we'd need a guard who can shoot/handle the ball or the whole thing becomes moot.)

Maybe it'd only have to be FVV and one of OG/GTJ in that instance... but even still...
      If it means securing KD for 4 years, mentoring scottie, siakam and the rest of the gang, I don't mind an "If we build it they will come.." approach to finding that guard you're talking about.

Comment

c-troop wrote: View Post

If it means securing KD for 4 years, mentoring scottie, siakam and the rest of the gang, I don't mind an "If we build it they will come.." approach to finding that guard you're talking about.
        Correct. If we get KD someone on Seth Currys level will sign here on the cheap for the chance to get a ring.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

Correct. If we get KD someone on Seth Currys level will sign here on the cheap for the chance to get a ring.
          I think someone is bound to come out of the woodwork, really the sky's the limit.

I feel like you're underestimating what would happen if you put a player who is top 3 in the world, alongside the reigning rookie of the year and an All-NBA, All-Star, NBA Champion like Siakam.

And lastly, we do have Otto Porter. He could end up carving himself a more significant role.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Well, I disagree with the premise of the question.

The highest value offer the Raptors would make (to preserve their ability to be a contender by adding KD), and also the package the Nets should be most interested in outside of Scottie (who as noted is likely off the table) is OG, Trent and picks galore. Couple win now pieces, already good, both young with significant upside, and picks to replenish their stock or be used for future trades.
            Well, I disagree with you saying that is the best offer the Raps would make. You have no idea how they may value a top 3 player like Durrant or what they think they can contend with.

It's been reported that the Nets want a young star and picks so I think that means Siakam (youngish) or Scottie. We can absolutely contend without Scottie, but I don't see it without Siakam.

Don't get me wrong, I love your proposal and would be over the moon if that's all it took to land KD. I just don't think Nets will bite on anything less than one of Barnes or Siakam. They aren't competing without other stars around Simmons.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

Well, I disagree with you saying that is the best offer the Raps would make. You have no idea how they may value a top 3 player like Durrant or what they think they can contend with.

It's been reported that the Nets want a young star and picks so I think that means Siakam (youngish) or Scottie. We can absolutely contend without Scottie, but I don't see it without Siakam.

Don't get me wrong, I love your proposal and would be over the moon if that's all it took to land KD. I just don't think Nets will bite on anything less than one of Barnes or Siakam. They aren't competing without other stars around Simmons.
              I also think that the Raptors' front office has shown that it knows how to manage assets / media when it comes to a public trade demand from another team's disgruntled starter - unlike other front offices that we all know.

Comment

I have zero worries about including Fred if that gets the deal done. We've been talking all offseason about how Fred is gonna be the SG now and Scottie will be the PG. KD is a more than sufficient replacement for Fred at SG.

Fred + OG
                OG + Trent
                Fred + Trent

Any of those for KD and we're a legit title contender.

I think to save face Nets need Fred or Pascal in the trade so they can say they got an all star back.

Throw 3 unprotected 1sts on there and see if they take it. Those picks are all going to be end of the 1st round so not a huge loss.

You could trade all 3. Durant, Siakam and Barnes is more than enough, especially guys like Achiuwa, Porter, Birch, Boucher, and Thad in the mix. Can always find another shooter if need be whether from Brooklyn or elsewhere. Maybe Banton eats up some minutes as well.

My guess though is that if Durant happens something else will as well cause Raps will be going for it.

Comment

Who is going to post the tweet from NBA central first? Muhahahaha!

Comment

KD plays the same position as Siakam and is a lot better. We'd be fine if Siakam goes the other way. Ideally he doesn't but we'd be fine.

Comment

Who is going to post the tweet from NBA central first? Muhahahaha!
                      if it's their latest one, it looks just like a repackaging of the Sportsnet article by M Grange. Watch out for the fake NBA centralll ones

Comment

KD plays the same position as Siakam and is a lot better. We'd be fine if Siakam goes the other way. Ideally he doesn't but we'd be fine.
                        If its just Siakam and Gary and we keep Fred, OG and Scottie. Its still a championship level team.

Comment

I'm so tired of the "Masai is not afraid to pull the trigger" narrative.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Boys, Durant is not top 3 anymore. Not even top 5 really. And that trend will continue over the course of his contract. Due to his age, you can't just make the trade to get the superstar and worry about filling the roster later, despite the delicious term on his contract. You can't bank on ring chasers lining up to come play, North of the border, with a superstar at the end of his career. The roster needs to be as complete as possible when he arrives otherwise we are no better off then we are now.

Comment

You think we'd be fine with FVV as our second option in an all in scenario?

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                                I'm so tired of the "Masai is not afraid to pull the trigger" narrative.
                                Traded Nene shortly after he signed a mega 5 year deal, pulled off the Carmelo trade, got rid of Bargnani (and won), did what he did for Kawhi.

That's a pretty impressive list of triggers pulled for one GM but at the same time, I agree, he's very patient

Insert "why can't we have both" meme here

Comment

Working...
                                X