Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• again fvv may be the thing

Comment

• Am preparing my “if he comes here we’re winning the chip” and “if he goes to Boston he’ll cripple the franchise” takes

Comment

• Also….not unlike the Knicks and Raps, don’t the Nets know not to trade with Boston?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...t-trade-talks/

SO neither "expert" heard the same thing....
          Weird. I have to imagine if Brown and a big pick package was on the table the deal would be done, no?
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I don't think the Nets want to bottom out. I don't think big paydays bother the Nets, they just want to bring in as much talent as possible right away. Plus of course all the pick capital they can get.
            Nets definitely don't want to bottom out. I'm just pointing out a course of action should plan A not work out and nobody is willing to give them the package currently being requested.

This Boston offer that is reportedly on the table is kind of interesting. Can't just be Brown and White though I don't think.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Weird. I have to imagine if Brown and a big pick package was on the table the deal would be done, no?
              This is why it's almost impossible to trade with a conference rival.

Comment

• This seems very DeMar-esque

edit: this should have shown that it was retweeted by A Rose

(and yes, that’s “retweeted”, not “kissed” for all you Batman Forever fans)
                Last edited by Jclaw; Mon Jul 25, 2022, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  This seems very DeMar-esque

edit: this should have shown that it was retweeted by A Rose

(and yes, that’s “retweeted”, not “kissed” for all you Batman Forever fans)

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I meant more like that was the thing he posted just before the trade news broke. I wouldn’t love that.

Comment

• Part of me thinks that the Celtics are still kicking themselves for not making the Kawhi Leonard trade in 2018 even though they were close but refused to part with package involving Jaylen Brown back than.

Now they are thinking hard about not letting the opportunity slip twice.

Comment

• According to Windhorst, those trade rumors are a week old and talks haven't really been active.

This could totally just be the Nets leaking to see if any remaining teams interested will bite and up their offer.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          I meant more like that was the thing he posted just before the trade news broke. I wouldn’t love that.
                          Brown tweeted that at 7:54 am today. Woj broke the news at 11:31 pm last night.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            Part of me thinks that the Celtics are still kicking themselves for not making the Kawhi Leonard trade in 2018 even though they were close but refused to part with package involving Jaylen Brown back than.

Now they are thinking hard about not letting the opportunity slip twice.
                            If KD doesn't get injured, then Golden State probably wins the championship in 2019 ... regardless of Kawhi. Raptors winning the chip was a perfect storm of good events, not easily or likely replicated. During the trade rumors, it was pretty clear that Kawhi was going back to Cali, so the decision was to give up Jaylen Brown + assets for a 1 year rental. A young, rising Celtics core didn't need to go all-in at that point, in contrast to a Raptors team that had maxed out with Kyle & DeMar. Seems to have worked out for them.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Brown tweeted that at 7:54 am today. Woj broke the news at 11:31 pm last night.
                              true…but I mean the actual trade news…not the “they’re talking” news

Comment

• I dont think boston will pull the trigger. Brown is a good chip but Brown and White isn't enough with one pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X