The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Harden is technically a UFA once he dropped his option.

It would be hard to join another team unless he is willing to take an exception (mid-level or minimum) from a team, or goes there via a S&T. But the team that gets Harden (and KD) would then be hard capped. I just don't think its realistic.

There is a far greater chance that KD ends up in Philly. Philly could try to trade Harris, Maxey and draft picks to Brooklyn. Not sure they want that package or not, but that's likely the best avenue for the two of them to get together again.
    Thanks... have gone fuzzy on the rules. Agree Nets would not go for that. They got squeezed by the 3 amigos.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
      Not sure this happens.
      KD has played a total of 90 games the last 2 years. This would be a 4 year commitment with a 34 year old player at 44 Mill a year. There are very few teams that can afford a player making that much, let alone trade for him. Realistically, who are the Raps competing against? There are not enough teams that can put together a competitive package to motivate the Raps to make the type of offers that are out there. So, I think the Nets wait until the trade deadline.
      Or the Raptors may not get KD at all but be involved in facilitating a third or a fourth party trade partner where by they help out with some matching salaries with players & get rewarded with better quality players+picks.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

- I mentioned it above, but KD is 34 years old. Father time is not beatable. He plays an old man game which helps, but eventually his shot will stop dropping. Anyone remember what Dirk's final years were like? I don't trust that he'll be a top 5 player in the league anymore. Maybe next year, but likely not after that. Boston already showed how you can defend him too. And he had a fresh Kyrie to play with all series.

So yeah, I'm probably going to regret saying this, but I don't think I would go ahead with a KD trade, even if the package was OG, Gary and picks. Minny screwed this up for every team. I hope Masai recognizes what he'd have to give up and then walks away.
        This has been bugging me all day. Then, maybe there is even better opportunity (forget about KD)?
        There is a saying: Only 2 things are certain: Death & taxes. Id say 2 more: Minny & Sacramento will suck no matter what.
        So, if Minny pays that much for RG (absolutely mind boggling IMO), what could we get for say Siakam from Sacramento? Id say comparable. Could it be worth a try? Id say YES.
        Going back to Durant - I just dont see Masai paying that much (just about any combo above is not palatable -we wont give Barnes, prob no to Siakam, not too many unprotected FRP... Can we be a 3rd team? Nets cannot take back Ayton. We can.
        Who is our competition for KD?
        Suns? OG & ?? for Ayton?
        Boston just went to finals & are even better. Why rock the boat (Id say at least Brown plus has to be included)?
        Bulls
        NOLA -Only logical place for Durant (lots of young guys & draft choices - heck they may even include Zion).
        In the end, Id say forget about 34 yo Durant. Boston did a great job on him (beginning of end?) & time is not on his side.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Or the Raptors may not get KD at all but be involved in facilitating a third or a fourth party trade partner where by they help out with some matching salaries with players & get rewarded with better quality players+picks.
          The most likely such scenario is if KD wants to go to PHX. Brooklyn can't take in a signed and traded player, they are way over the hard cap, so they can't activate it. So unless PHX is willing to move Booker (they aren't) and Brooklyn can find a way to move Simmons too (also not easy), PHX can't send their package to Brooklyn, and will need to find a third team to take Ayton and send other pieces to Brooklyn in his place.

Trent and a prospect and a pick could be the supplementary pieces heading to Brooklyn and Raps get Ayton.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

The most likely such scenario is if KD wants to go to PHX. Brooklyn can't take in a signed and traded player, they are way over the hard cap, so they can't activate it. So unless PHX is willing to move Booker (they aren't) and Brooklyn can find a way to move Simmons too (also not easy), PHX can't send their package to Brooklyn, and will need to find a third team to take Ayton and send other pieces to Brooklyn in his place.

Trent and a prospect and a pick could be the supplementary pieces heading to Brooklyn and Raps get Ayton.
            Seems like thats a scenario where KD wants to go no where but Phoenix and Brooklyn has no say. Basically Brooklyn gets Bridges, Gary and picks for KD. I'd say OG is a better player and a year younger than Bridges. Brooklyn could just take the OG, Gary and picks deal.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Seems like thats a scenario where KD wants to go no where but Phoenix and Brooklyn has no say. Basically Brooklyn gets Bridges, Gary and picks for KD. I'd say OG is a better player and a year younger than Bridges. Brooklyn could just take the OG, Gary and picks deal.
              Funny thing is the Raptors don't have to make this deal But Brooklyn does & they act like they are calling the shots.

Comment

• anyone remeber Hakeem Olajuwon when he came to toronto at a older age. durant is 34 i wouldn’t give up much for him

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                  anyone remeber Hakeem Olajuwon when he came to toronto at a older age. durant is 34 i wouldn’t give up much for him
                  You're really comparing 39 year old Hakeem to a 34 year old KD who just averaged 30 points.

Comment

You're really comparing 39 year old Hakeem to a 34 year old KD who just averaged 30 points.
                    Yeah Hakeem was finished when he came to T.O & finished was like he was ready to enter a seniors home.

Durant at least got 2 more seasons being a high efficient scorer in this league (baring injury).

Comment

• let's gauge the confidence around here. Back a few years ago, were you more confident we were going to get Giannis as a free agent or that we are going to get KD now?

Comment

May come down to the Nets liking the Suns picks better (betting on Paul aging out before the Raps guys? Or the Suns just screwing it up before the Raps would). Maybe more picks in a deal like this too if Suns are sending a pile and Raps kick in one or two on top of it.

I too think, however, that the Raptors offer is better.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          let's gauge the confidence around here. Back a few years ago, were you more confident we were going to get Giannis as a free agent or that we are going to get KD now?
                          I don't think confidence is the right word. There was/is hope in both scenarios. I'd suggest there's more hope in the current one. Giannis was just the team keeping the cap clean until they knew it wasn't happening, never a particularly likely outcome. Just a long shot that you had to take given the low cost of it.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

on the hollinger pod they were staying there is like 5 player who were the stars of a team pass 35. never thought about that but it should be a factor

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

We won a chip already recently. I am fine waiting if it means a dynasty. With scottie you have two potential windows and I would bank on that over banking on KD and a gutted roster winning. Is it possible that they could win it sure but it isn't guaranteed and the east is a lot tougher than we are outlining.
                              We not gonna win ever again unless Fred is off the team

Comment

• Kawhisexual wrote: View Post

We not gonna win ever again unless Fred is off the team
                                We won our only Ring with him, and he was the ONLY other player to get a Finals MVP vote besides Kawhi, so this seems like a hugely ignorant take.

Comment

Working...
                                X