The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post

If you are sending a pile of future firsts, the offer is OG and Trent.
    If Brooklyn finds something better than the above trade they should go for it.

Comment

trading scottie is risky because you are trading your future and hoping that KD isn't declining. I would argue he is in decline even if he is so good that his decline is still putting him at an insane level. The second he sniffs that he has no chance he will want out. For that reason I think its not a good idea to trade scottie as you outlined. I think OG and Trent and a pile of firsts as you describe but is that worth it? I think so I don't know if they do.

But Scottie is too good and they would also likely want some additional picks since they have no picks.

We won a chip already recently. I am fine waiting if it means a dynasty. With scottie you have two potential windows and I would bank on that over banking on KD and a gutted roster winning. Is it possible that they could win it sure but it isn't guaranteed and the east is a lot tougher than we are outlining.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

If Brooklyn finds something better than the above trade they should go for it.
        this

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          I think I could talk myself into a Scottie deal if the rest of the deal is favourable enough. Like, only one extra first heading their way, Flynn as the extra prospect instead of Precious, Trent as the core piece instead of OG, them taking Khem and Svi as the filler, nothing else coming back our way... Maybe.

The ideas floating around about like Scottie plus OG plus several picks? Nope.

If you are sending a pile of future firsts, the offer is OG and Trent.
          Scottie and OG? where'd you hear that?
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
            everyone says we can’t trade OG or fred this or that well here is the opportunity. even pascal but not scottie. we are hording talent time to use it.
            grindhouse wrote: View Post
            we going to dominate one way or the other we don’t need durant
            When you say we're hoarding talent and we're gonna "dominate one way or another, we don't need Durant" .....

....it allllllmost makes it sound like you .... (and I'm sure this can't be right)...... like you believe in more players on this roster than just Scottie, Dalano & Yuta (if Yuta even still counts). .......

(Or maybe it is indeed just those three that are gonna ensure we dominate one way or another?)

((Or is it that .... Zach Edey is gonna save us in 2024?))

Comment

Hell no to trading scottie, and hell no to getting kyrie. The team would be gutted if KD and kyrie were coming back. OG, Trent, 2 1sts, 2 2nds and 2 1st swaps. That's the limit for me. I'd consider moving pascal instead of OG but curry has got to come back in that deal.

Precious, OG, Durant, Fred, Barnes with boucher, Thad Otto, curry rounding out the bench.

Durant is 34 by the time the season starts, just too old to lose too much. Tough call, because it's likely Durant doesn't play a hell of a lot in the final 2 years, and regardless of how the rest of the roster improves, they'd still need him playing at a high level to contend. For me, it feels like you got two seasons to win. And I think we'll have that window at some point in the next 4 years even if we don't trade for Kevin.

Comment

Two things;

1. KD ain't looking at Toronto unless they are close to winning, what's needed to get KD takes Toronto way far away from winning.
                2. Scottie Barnes has too much potential to trade for a guy, as great as he is, who is made from glass at this point in his career.

So basically, this is just smoke, which is what media does. So ignore it all.

Comment

An odd early Saturday morning tweet from KD

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                    Two things;

1. KD ain't looking at Toronto unless they are close to winning, what's needed to get KD takes Toronto way far away from winning.
                    2. Scottie Barnes has too much potential to trade for a guy, as great as he is, who is made from glass at this point in his career.

So basically, this is just smoke, which is what media does. So ignore it all.
                    Doesn't matter where KD looking. He played himself and has no choice where he gets traded. He doesn't have a trade clause and he doesn't have any player options. He's locked in through 2026 and the only thing he could do in protest is sit out and lose $50M per year and the final years of his career.

Hell no to trading Scottie but if 2 of Fred, OG, Pascal, Trent and some picks get it done I'd do it. Less picks if better players are sent their way.
                    Last edited by Primer; Sat Jul 2, 2022, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

Doesn't matter where KD looking. He played himself and has no choice where he gets traded. He doesn't have a trade clause and he doesn't have any player options. He's locked in through 2026 and the only thing he could do in protest is sit out and lose $50M per year and the final years of his career.

Hell no to trading Scottie but if 2 of Fred, OG, Pascal, Trent and some picks get it done I'd do it. Less picks if better players are sent their way.
                      Harden, Simmons, AD...these guys all forced their way out. KD will end up where he wants to be.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

Harden, Simmons, AD...these guys all forced their way out. KD will end up where he wants to be.
                        They didn't force anything. Philly shopped Simmons to every team in the NBA for an entire season and Philly held out until they got a superstar in return, which is what they wanted. Nets wanted a young all star in return for Harden and got what they wanted, and Harden was also on the last year of his deal so he had leverage. AD was on the final year of his deal and could leave for nothing if they didn't trade him, he had a ton of leverage.

KD is signed for four more years with no player options, he has no leverage. That's the massive difference here. Leverage. KD has none.

Comment

An actually well thought out discussion of the issue (with the usual caveat that Toronto is a desolate northern outpost)
                          Listen from about 22 minutes to 33

Comment

People don't talk about it enough. KD is 34 years old. That's a big fn deal. Again, if you look at the history of the game, the greatest players to ever play the game, most of them started getting injured a lot by the time they hit that age. Kobe, KG, Hakeem, Iverson, Pippen, Wade....I can go on and on. I was curious about LeBron because LeBron is like a cyborg. I don't think he has missed a game from 2003 to 2018 due to injuries. Guess what happened to LeBron in 2019? his age 34 season. He suffered a season ending injury, he only played 55 games and the Lakers missed the playoffs.

Now, there are some exceptions like Karl Malone and Kareem Abdul Jabbar:

https://www.basketball-reference.com...malonka01.html
                            https://www.basketball-reference.com...abdulka01.html

So is KD an exception too? remember he already suffered a pretty serious injury a couple of years ago.

Bottomline - I'm not willing to take that risk. I'm not trading a 20 year old future star for a 34 year old player.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

They didn't force anything. Philly shopped Simmons to every team in the NBA for an entire season and Philly held out until they got a superstar in return, which is what they wanted. Nets wanted a young all star in return for Harden and got what they wanted, and Harden was also on the last year of his deal so he had leverage. AD was on the final year of his deal and could leave for nothing if they didn't trade him, he had a ton of leverage.

KD is signed for four more years with no player options, he has no leverage. That's the massive difference here. Leverage. KD has none.
                              Well my friend, if you think any team with the assets that the Nets desire for KD are going to trade for him because he has years on his contract then we can just agree to disagree. KD has to want to go to that team before that team mortgages it's present and future. Otherwise he'd already be in OKC, Indiana, ORL etc.

Comment

Nets didn’t want Simmons. They “settled” for Simmons, because there was a risk of losing Harden for nothing at the end of the season. It was the best of all the shitty options they were offered.

The NBA is a players and agents league now. Gotta be careful how you treat superstars. The last team that didn’t send a top 5 player one of the places where he wanted to go was San Antonio, with Kawhi. And they’ve been on the lower treadmill ever since and finally blowing it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X