The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jclaw wrote: View Post
    An actually well thought out discussion of the issue (with the usual caveat that Toronto is a desolate northern outpost)
    Listen from about 22 minutes to 33

For those that don't have time to listen, they say Nets would demand Scottie Barnes, and that they would have to think long and hard if that's a trade worth making because it's not obvious if it is. They also said they have no doubt that Masai could get KD on board and happy to play in Toronto if a trade happened.

I'd say no to sending them Scottie. Put a package together of other players on the team and I'm interested.

The next segment they discuss a deal with Pelicans for KD, and the Nets would want Zion and you could stack him with junk from their roster to make the salaries work.

They also dismiss Siakam and Fred as having value here, yet put a lot of value on Bridges from Phoenix, so some pretty standard Raptors disrespect thrown in for good measure.

Comment

Nets ended up in 8 or wherever - got swept - durant wants out.. we play hardballl not them.

no barnes

if its pascal and OG no picks included and we get curry

pascal and trent or fred we include ONE frp

like i said pascal will have more total production than durant over the next four years so we’re not desperate for this deal at all

if not let some other team gut their roster and be mediocre

Comment

Don't forget how Harden got out of Houston. Basically refused to play for them until they had no choice but to trade him to the Nets.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Nets didn’t want Simmons. They “settled” for Simmons, because there was a risk of losing Harden for nothing at the end of the season. It was the best of all the shitty options they were offered.

The NBA is a players and agents league now. Gotta be careful how you treat superstars. The last team that didn’t send a top 5 player one of the places where he wanted to go was San Antonio, with Kawhi. And they’ve been on the lower treadmill ever since and finally blowing it up.
          This is some pretty peculiar logic you got here. You think San Antonio is bad team because they traded Kawhi to us instead of LA? So, by the same token, you think San Antonio would be a contender right now if they had traded Kawhi to LA instead of Toronto? Think it through and get back to me.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
            Don't forget how Harden got out of Houston. Basically refused to play for them until they had no choice but to trade him to the Nets.
            In the podcast above all the guys agreed Masai would be able to get KD to be happy to play in Toronto. So seems like a moot point to argue. If we made the trade Masai would smooth over an issues if there even were any. So really it comes down to what we would have to give up to make this happen, and if it's Scottie I'm out.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
              Option 2 is the only correct answer. I would not trade Scottie for KD. Hell no.

Who voted for Option 1?
              Some people who do not know anything about basketball.
              How in the hell you trade a 20 years old huge talent for a 34 years old superstar. I would not do it, I will build around Barnes

Comment

Listen 2 one my favorite YouTuber on Raptors. He pretty much said it for me what I'm thinking.
                Enough of this stupidity.

https://youtu.be/WcKxQvAsimc
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Yeah it would be a tough call to include Scottie in a package or not. I wouldn't either and would take the chance on Scottie becoming a superstar.

But if they did and brought KD in, would the Raps be clear favourites to win the next couple of titles?

Comment

Zion, bridges? Lol. If that isnt bs trying to entice us take zion then. Looked like he was gonna fall to pieces after that practice dunk. Its a shame but with his body, injury and at this level of play he’ll never play more than half a season and thats being optimistic

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

This is some pretty peculiar logic you got here. You think San Antonio is bad team because they traded Kawhi to us instead of LA? So, by the same token, you think San Antonio would be a contender right now if they had traded Kawhi to LA instead of Toronto? Think it through and get back to me.
                      Spurs are yesterday’s franchise. You can’t play hard ass with NBA superstars these days, even with leverage… which is what you’re trying to imply KD has zero leverage… so send him to Timbuktu and go eff himself.

Pop & Buford tried hardball with Kawhi and look at where Spurs are now… trading a young all star and going Hinkie, hoping/praying for the next Duncan.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Spurs are yesterday’s franchise. You can’t play hard ass with NBA superstars these days, even with leverage… which is what you’re trying to imply KD has zero leverage… so send him to Timbuktu and go eff himself.

Pop & Buford tried hardball with Kawhi and look at where Spurs are now… trading a young all star and going Hinkie, hoping/praying for the next Duncan.
                        OK, so you can't justify what you said at all. SA trading Kawhi to Toronto instead of LA did nothing to set back their franchise, it actually helped them because it gave them the best return possible.

Comment

Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                          Zion, bridges? Lol. If that isnt bs trying to entice us take zion then. Looked like he was gonna fall to pieces after that practice dunk. Its a shame but with his body, injury and at this level of play he’ll never play more than half a season and thats being optimistic
                          Not for us, for the Nets in a trade between them and the Pelicans. Sorry, should have been clearer, they were going through teams who had assets to trade for KD and discussed the Pelicans after they were done discussing the Raptors. Bridges was one of the pieces they said would go to the Nets in a trade with Phoenix. They also all valued Bridges more than Pascal or Fred which was nuts to me.

Comment

Look what happened to Brooklyn when they traded for an aging Garnett and Pierce. I know Durant is better than those guys but he’s still 34 when the season starts. I don’t want to lose all of Draft picks and young talent for guy that might be around for 2 years before he gets bored.

Comment

just a reminder that there's a poll on the first page for anyone who jumped in late

Comment

I already experienced the ride to the trophy 3 yrs ago. I now want to experience the ride with seeing Scotty grow to his destiny with or without KD. I can wait with our f/o to build the team around Scotty. Winning the championship would be more satisfying with our own. KD is a mercenary and was since he left OKC. I see this banana boat building ending very soon .... hasn't been very successful except for LBJ's teams and the owners are getting tired of players like Kyrie and Ben Simmons taking advantage of the CBA and pulling off threats.
                                Last edited by Bendit; Sat Jul 2, 2022, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X