X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    Panama betting Raptors as even

what does this even mean?
    Well, betting odds on their own just mean people are betting on the Raps so they need to pull the odds in.

Where it maybe has some value is there are high stakes bettors who can swing the overall bet totals, and they sometimes have connections to help inform their betting. So some think that when the line starts moving so much, it's because Vegas sees a shark laying huge bets on something and thinks they have an inside line, so actually moves the odds more than the overall betting math would suggest they should.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

taxes my man
      During the bball season, Phoenix is really nice... it's insufferable in summer of course. Also sounds like he wants to play with Book and he has a good relationship with Monty. Seems like a solid fit except for who they want to send back... need to have another team involved. Toronto seem to have numerous paths to doing a clean, one team, deal for Durant... ranging from the totally unacceptable (Barnes & OG), to the hold your nose but do it because we might be vaulted to championship favourites ...for some fans anyway (Barnes and Trent), to the rubbing hands together, bite their hand off to take the deal (OG & Trent).

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

During the bball season, Phoenix is really nice... it's insufferable in summer of course. Also sounds like he wants to play with Book and he has a good relationship with Monty. Seems like a solid fit except for who they want to send back... need to have another team involved. Toronto seem to have numerous paths to doing a clean, one team, deal for Durant... ranging from the totally unacceptable (Barnes & OG), to the hold your nose but do it because we might be vaulted to championship favourites ...for some fans anyway (Barnes and Trent), to the rubbing hands together, bite their hand off to take the deal (OG & Trent).
        I personally don't like it too dry for me

Comment

Barnes will not be in any deal so you can just remove that notion.

Comment

• Phx just got 20pts worse and we gained 10 of them. Raps +240

Comment

I'd do OG, Trent, Khem and picks in a heart beat. I don't think the Nets say yes though.
              How man 1st round picks? 4,5,7?

Comment

Primer, tell him to calm down

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yeah, that's what we're hearing. But I don't think it would be a terrible negotiating tactic to leak that something is totally off the table up front, so you perhaps increase your chances of reducing pick (or player ballast) compensation, for instance, if somehow he is put back on the table as the only way a deal can get done. Clearly the Raps wanted to put it out there that Scottie is off the table... pretty much everyone's singing from the same hymn sheet at this point... Grange, Will Lou, RR, but if Masai could hands down win a trade (again) with less pick compensation in this instance, I don't think he'd be sentimental about it, or miss out if he thinks he could bring another championship to Toronto over the next 4 years. There have been numerous commentators and fans (Doug Smith, Blake Murphy, me and others : ) that have said as difficult as it would be they could stomach a Barnes for KD deal, so I don't think I need to remove it ...as a notion.

To be clear: I do not want to trade Scottie. I think my first impulse was, that's who the Nets would want, and we could win a championship with the remainder plus Durant. I would be thrilled to get a deal done for Durant that doesn't include Scottie or Pascal, I hope it happens!

You might find Phoenix too dry, during their 60 degree winters and their 80 degree falls and springs, but many people will find Toronto too cold and icy during winter and Spring (I find the cold weather pretty dry in Toronto too... if my moisturizer consumption is any guide). I guess to each his own. Toronto summers and falls are great... pretty much perfect for the baseball season, less so for a lot of people's tastes during the basketball season. Obviously it's not a deal breaker, there are tons of things about Toronto that make it a great place to play, but we have to be honest in that some players will prefer a fairer weather destination over the winter months.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      What is this take...

A clown take.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

How man 1st round picks? 4,5,7?
                        Was just listening to Will Lou and Blake Murphy. I think Blake talked about 4 firsts and some pick swaps. I'd do that.

Comment

Yeah, that's what we're hearing. But I don't think it would be a terrible negotiating tactic to leak that something is totally off the table up front, so you perhaps increase your chances of reducing pick (or player ballast) compensation, for instance, if somehow he is put back on the table as the only way a deal can get done. Clearly the Raps wanted to put it out there that Scottie is off the table... pretty much everyone's singing from the same hymn sheet at this point... Grange, Will Lou, RR, but if Masai could hands down win a trade (again) with less pick compensation in this instance, I don't think he'd be sentimental about it, or miss out if he thinks he could bring another championship to Toronto over the next 4 years. There have been numerous commentators and fans (Doug Smith, Blake Murphy, me and others : ) that have said as difficult as it would be they could stomach a Barnes for KD deal, so I don't think I need to remove it ...as a notion.

To be clear: I do not want to trade Scottie. I think my first impulse was, that's who the Nets would want, and we could win a championship with the remainder plus Durant. I would be thrilled to get a deal done for Durant that doesn't include Scottie or Pascal, I hope it happens!

You might find Phoenix too dry, during their 60 degree winters and their 80 degree falls and springs, but many people will find Toronto too cold and icy during winter and Spring (I find the cold weather pretty dry in Toronto too... if my moisturizer consumption is any guide). I guess to each his own. Toronto summers and falls are great... pretty much perfect for the baseball season, less so for a lot of people's tastes during the basketball season. Obviously it's not a deal breaker, there are tons of things about Toronto that make it a great place to play, but we have to be honest in that some players will prefer a fairer weather destination over the winter months.
                          Meh. The weather is pretty shitty in Brooklyn/New York. I don’t think that’s a major concern for KD.

Comment

Actually scratch that, Will Lou just said if push came to shove and the only way to get a deal was if Scottie had to be included, but we got favourable terms on everything else...he'd lose 3 nights of sleep over it, and then probably still do it.... "it's KEVIN DURANT man"
                            Last edited by big boi; Mon Jul 4, 2022, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

Meh. The weather is pretty shitty in Brooklyn/New York. I don’t think that’s a major concern for KD.
                              Spring comes a lot earlier in New York and it's a lot more consistent when it does come. Plus... it's New York. The thing about New York though, is their basketball franchises suck, and Toronto's is one of the very best.

Comment

Actually scratch that, Will Lou just said if push came to shove and the only way to get a deal was if Scottie had to be included, but we got favourable terms on everything else...he'd lose 3 nights of sleep over it, and then probably still do it.... "it's KEVIN DURANT man"
                                Will Lou said that HE would feel comfortable with that but Blake was giving a more realistic take from how the actual FO views it.

Comment

Working...
                                X