The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post
    My question is do you think if we land Durant will that make a Raptors a destination place for buy outs or just league min guys .. Usually these two type of scenarios are never a option when it comes to Toronto ?

Please don't make this trade .. I am confused .. This isn't the 2018 Raptors where we had loads of depth and we aren't in a situation where we can trade 2 or 4 for 1 . We lost tons from our championship team with no assets coming back other then Powel and Kyle ...
    After two seasons, trade KD for picks and filler. Mid to late firsts and seconds.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Well KD will obviously be the main offensive initiator and he has gotten better as a playmaker. Pascal has been the main ball handler and initiator in the second half of the season and Playoffs. He has been a good playmaker as well. Scottie is a natural playmaker and has handled the ball more as the season went on. If we are truly going position less basketball, this is it.

We can probably use a backup PG, but I think the starting lineup is fine.
      What was the last NBA team to win a championship without a good traditional point guard?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

What was the last NBA team to win a championship without a good traditional point guard?
        Do you count Jrue Holiday as traditional? If not then Bucks in 2021.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          I don't think Barnes is on the table. That's why KD is still a Net. No team can top a Barnes package. Like, if you're Sean Marks and the Raptors offered Barnes, you make that deal in a heartbeat. The longer this goes, the better for the Raptors.
          Yeah I would imagine Masai draws the line in the sand at Scottie, but I'm also not sure if from the Nets' perspective if he's a must have. At the end of the day there are no assurances Scottie will even be an All Star much less a top 5, 10, 20 player in this league.

They seem to want to put a winner around Simmons so they can continue to be competitive, so might want proven players like Siakam and Fred.

Comment

Do you count Jrue Holiday as traditional? If not then Bucks in 2021.
            The Raptors won't haver anyone like that in your scenario though. I'm not saying it wouldn't work but do you want to think that far outside the box with a limited KD window?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Yeah I would imagine Masai draws the line in the sand at Scottie, but I'm also not sure if from the Nets' perspective if he's a must have. At the end of the day there are no assurances Scottie will even be an All Star much less a top 5, 10, 20 player in this league.

They seem to want to put a winner around Simmons so they can continue to be competitive, so might want proven players like Siakam and Fred.
              That sentence just sounds so wrong. lol.

Comment

The Raptors won't haver anyone like that in your scenario though. I'm not saying it wouldn't work but do you want to think that far outside the box with a limited KD window?
                Rajon Rondo..... kidding ofcourse

Comment

Depends what you're looking for Fred to do. Downside is his leadership will be missed, but many of us have been saying he is better off the ball.

Comment

• annnnnd the price lowers again
                    Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Tue Jul 5, 2022, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Maybe Siakam OR Fred, or an equivelent player from another team is what they'll get. That's probably why the price is dropping. Even with that, I'm curious to see how many picks they get. Most teams that could offer an All Star are well managed. They're not getting a huge haul of picks. Maybe an all star, young players and a couple first rounders?

Comment

• KD broke this forum lmao
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                          KD broke this forum lmao
                          I mean did Kawhi not also do that?

Comment

• Even if the Raptors get a more favorable deal (only OG and GTJ for Durant) this is still going to be 7 game series against the Celtics. This is why you don't deal for more of what Brooklyn wants:

Comment

• When did the Celtics get Thomas Bryant?

Comment

When did the Celtics get Thomas Bryant?
                                They didn't, its just a rumor like the Durant trade is still just a rumor.

Thomas Bryant doesn't tip the balance anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X