The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

I do think sans Scottie, GSW package trumps ours. Something like Wiggins, Kum bucket, Wiseman, etc
    warriors can't include wiggins as he is a rookie max extension guy it would have to be poole before poole's extension and the salary there doesn't come up to enough.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

Of course there is a gap between the two but one doesnt have to gut the Raps.... Shai is pretty good at getting off his own shot too. Anyway something to ponder by the f/o ....if Masai is pushed too hard.
      You don't think trading for Shai will gut the Raps? That's why KD is enticing, because yes you give up a bit more than you might with Shai, but he strongly moves you into contention. Shai is great but he's not a guy that can get you a bucket against the best defenses. He might not event be the best player on the Raps depending on how you view Siakam's impact on the game.

Comment

• I was playing around with fanspo's trade machine and this is what I came up with:

Raptors only give up 3 unprotected picks and 1 pick swap (with Utah). OG, Gary and Svi are going out. I might be okay with another swap, but I don't want to lose all my picks in this deal even if it is for KD.

The key here is if Utah would want Ben, and that could be a deal breaker. Brooklyn would have to trade Simmons to get Mitchell. If they are okay with it, they also get Gary (who they were apparently interested in) a pick and a pick swap.

Problem is I can't see Ainge and Masai hashing out a trade together. They are both pretty ruthless.

Comment

• Broussard trending ....

Comment

• One thing I remembered is first day the news broke about KD's trade request, there were reports saying Nets would rather trade both KD and Kyrie than run it back next season.

Yesterday was a full 180 with American media saying they could see the Nets playing the season with both on the roster.

There have been so many conflicting reports.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              One thing I remembered is first day the news broke about KD's trade request, there were reports saying Nets would rather trade both KD and Kyrie than run it back next season.

Yesterday was a full 180 with American media saying they could see the Nets playing the season with both on the roster.

There have been so many conflicting reports.
              A lot of this is posturing to get a better deal. If the Nets are making it public that they would rather bring the knuckle heads back then just do any trade, then the teams offering up a subpar return will think about adding more to the pile or moving on themselves.

It really comes down to KD though. They could wait until camp starts or the season starts, like Houston did with Harden. Eventually the levee will break though. Either KD has a change of heart, or the Nets will panic trade him. This is why guys like Shams are saying this could take months to complete.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

A lot of this is posturing to get a better deal. If the Nets are making it public that they would rather bring the knuckle heads back then just do any trade, then the teams offering up a subpar return will think about adding more to the pile or moving on themselves.

It really comes down to KD though. They could wait until camp starts or the season starts, like Houston did with Harden. Eventually the levee will break though. Either KD has a change of heart, or the Nets will panic trade him. This is why guys like Shams are saying this could take months to complete.
                Thats why I think Nets don't have time to wait it out. They're saying they do to try and get the Raptors to up their offer, while the Raptors probably sent an offer and are waiting for the Nets to crack

There is a difference between the Harden trade and the current Nets situation. Sixers had Embiid leading the team to the Playoffs, Sixers could afford to wait it out. I'm not sure the Nets can when their top 2 players want out.

Comment

Thats why I think Nets don't have time to wait it out. They're saying they do to try and get the Raptors to up their offer, while the Raptors probably sent an offer and are waiting for the Nets to crack

There is a difference between the Harden trade and the current Nets situation. Sixers had Embiid leading the team to the Playoffs, Sixers could afford to wait it out. I'm not sure the Nets can when their top 2 players want out.
                  I was thinking more Harden with Houston wanting out. They waited until the season started to trade him. Houston was going through a rebuild one way or another. But they ended up moving him to Brooklyn once Harden wasn't backing down.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I was thinking more Harden with Houston wanting out. They waited until the season started to trade him. Houston was going through a rebuild one way or another. But they ended up moving him to Brooklyn once Harden wasn't backing down.
                    It could go until the end of the off season. I'd be surprised if KD and Kyrie are on the team going into the season.

Comment

I don't see any urgency for the Nets here. It's already reported that Joe Tsai would rather blow it up, than continue to be embarrassed by KD & Kyrie. And nobody is blaming management or ownership, so they can wait as long as it takes to get the best deals possible for both of them.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

I do think sans Scottie, GSW package trumps ours. Something like Wiggins, Kum bucket, Wiseman, etc
                        Wiggins can't be traded to Brooklyn because of the rookie max extension rule. Poole,, Kuminga, Wiseman for KD? pretty meh offer and how are they going to match salary? I also don't see KD going back to GSW. KD would look real bad if that happens.

Miami? who do they have? Bam can't be traded to Brooklyn. So a trade centered around Herro? lol. Not happening.

It's Phoenix and Toronto. And I guess New Orleans is the wild card but I read reports yesterday that New Orleans are not interested in trading for KD.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I don't see any urgency for the Nets here. It's already reported that Joe Tsai would rather blow it up, than continue to be embarrassed by KD & Kyrie. And nobody is blaming management or ownership, so they can wait as long as it takes to get the best deals possible for both of them.
                          But would you want to be playing especially Kyrie in that scenario? We know how bad of an influence he is usually - it could get real ugly.in Brooklyn.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

How do you write the bolded sentence and then interpret it to mean Joe Tsai would be fine with KD and Irving sulking on the bench all season?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

How do you write the bolded sentence and then interpret it to mean Joe Tsai would be fine with KD and Irving sulking on the bench all season?
                              Who says KD & Kyrie have to be on the bench? They could sit out until they find a trade. This whole thing looks like a power play by Kyrie & KD to bully Joe Tsai into cutting a huge cheque for Kyrie, despite all BS he's pulled. They did the same thing to get Deandre Jordan paid, getting Atkinson fired and coughing up assets for Harden. KD & Kyrie have been running the show like GMs and owners. It's a repeating pattern of player empowerment. Joe Tsai has had enough and is calling their bluff.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

He clarifies that he just mentioned on the radio that it had been discussed. Bad aggregation
                                Man, I don't know if trading Scottie to make this work is the right move. I guess it depends on what's coming with KD and what else is leaving with Scottie. If it's basically Scottie + picks then maybe... If KD is coming there has to be enough here around him to be a major contender for the next four years.

Comment

Working...
                                X