No announcement yet.

The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This dude on ESPN said that Sean Marks would just hang up the phone if the offer was Siakam + OG+++ but somehow would be intrigued in a Heat deal centered around Herro lol. Wtf are these people smoking?
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
      This dude on ESPN said that Sean Marks would just hang up the phone if the offer was Siakam + OG+++ but somehow would be intrigued in a Heat deal centered around Herro lol. Wtf are these people smoking?
      Just American media things.

I hope KD does get traded here. Just to piss off the American media.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Man, I don't know if trading Scottie to make this work is the right move. I guess it depends on what's coming with KD and what else is leaving with Scottie. If it's basically Scottie + picks then maybe... If KD is coming there has to be enough here around him to be a major contender for the next four years.
        If KD was 27, like when we got Kawhi, then you trade Scottie. But 34? With an injury history? Hard no.

Comment

This dude on ESPN said that Sean Marks would just hang up the phone if the offer was Siakam + OG+++ but somehow would be intrigued in a Heat deal centered around Herro lol. Wtf are these people smoking?
          Canada, bad. America, good.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

If KD was 27, like when we got Kawhi, then you trade Scottie. But 34? With an injury history? Hard no.
            Yeah, this is where my gut takes me. This could just be a bogus leaked rumor to pump up another offer by a different team. This is a high stakes game of poker.

Comment

• If we traded Scottie, an overpaid player and 3 picks, I'd consider doing it. Problem is you'd have to add in OG, Pascal, Fred or Trent to make salaries work.

Comment

Who says KD & Kyrie have to be on the bench? They could sit out until they find a trade. This whole thing looks like a power play by Kyrie & KD to bully Joe Tsai into cutting a huge cheque for Kyrie, despite all BS he's pulled. They did the same thing to get Deandre Jordan paid, getting Atkinson fired and coughing up assets for Harden. KD & Kyrie have been running the show like GMs and owners. It's a repeating pattern of player empowerment. Joe Tsai has had enough and is calling their bluff.
                The only thing that stops them from embarrassing him is trading them.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Just American media things.

I hope KD does get traded here. Just to piss off the American media.
                  Well, the American media generally don't seem to like KD too much anyway. He's kind of in that Aaron Rodgers class. KD in Toronto is good for hours of ignorant commentary.

Comment

I mentioned the same thing when they were discussing Phoenix they were saying Bridges is a good return he's a potential all star, but Siakam and Fred were laughable returns and we have to include Scottie. There is no logic to their madness.

Comment

Like I said yeterday,I don't think Scottie is on the table because if he was then KD would be a Raptor by now.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Yeah, this is where my gut takes me. This could just be a bogus leaked rumor to pump up another offer by a different team. This is a high stakes game of poker.
                        It really isn't high stakes between the Nets and Raptors. Neither team has urgency. Raps are moving nicely along the rebuilding path. Nets are going to blow it up. They can both walk away and shrug.

The team with urgency might be the Suns, because CP3 is on borrowed time and they have a few days to decide what to do with Ayton. Even then, Suns could just resign Ayton and revisit at the trade deadline. Darkhorse team with urgency is the Clippers, who are deep with some assets to pull it off, but would also need some maneuvering to generate picks. The Heat have urgency, with Butler and Lowry aging, but they can't trade Bam and don't have picks.

There doesn't seem to be a logical win-win deal for any team acquiring KD. The best semi-decent option I've seen so far was planetmars Jazz/Raps/Nets 3-way deal, but that would still need more assets/picks to be fair to the Nets.

Comment

It really isn't high stakes between the Nets and Raptors. Neither team has urgency. Raps are moving nicely along the rebuilding path. Nets are going to blow it up. They can both walk away and shrug.

The team with urgency might be the Suns, because CP3 is on borrowed time and they have a few days to decide what to do with Ayton. Even then, Suns could just resign Ayton and revisit at the trade deadline. Darkhorse team with urgency is the Clippers, who are deep with some assets to pull it off, but would also need some maneuvering to generate picks. The Heat have urgency, with Butler and Lowry aging, but they can't trade Bam and don't have picks.

There doesn't seem to be a logical win-win deal for any team acquiring KD. The best semi-decent option I've seen so far was planetmars Jazz/Raps/Nets 3-way deal, but that would still need more assets/picks to be fair to the Nets.
                          It depends on what the chips represent in this metaphor.

Comment

Curious what assets the Clips could offer to get this done? Just wondering. George & Kawhi obviously staying.

Comment

I was think Utah would be the team needing more assets as they are taking a potentially bad contract in Simmons (who knows if he'll suit up and play). Brooklyn will be getting an all-nba guard that's still young. Basically Booker and Bam caliber. And so they shouldn't get as many picks IMO.

Comment

• Jake Fischer has his take up on the KD situation:
                                https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-deandre-ayton

Not much on the Raptors, except this blurb:

The Raptors are the most obvious team fitting that description. For Toronto to land Ayton, the Raptors would need to sacrifice valuable players or picks in a sign-and-trade that could be used for Durant instead. Of important note regarding Toronto: Multiple sources with knowledge of the situation say the Raptors are unwilling to part with reigning Rookie of the Year Scottie Barnes.

If his sources are good, then looks like Masai is keeping Barnes.

Comment

Working...
                                X