The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Like I said yeterday,I don't think Scottie is on the table because if he was then KD would be a Raptor by now.
    Number of picks or other players going back could be hold up points too no? For instance some have said, Barnes and Trent - they'd reluctantly do it, Barnes and OG - they wouldn't do it. Plus, if we are actually prepared to give up Scottie (many outlets saying we're not of course), we might want to give less picks.

I'd be all over a trade that doesn't include Scottie or Pascal tho. Fred, Trent and Birch would work.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

Number of picks or other players going back could be hold up points too no? For instance some have said, Barnes and Trent - they'd reluctantly do it, Barnes and OG - they wouldn't do it. Plus, if we are actually prepared to give up Scottie (many outlets saying we're not of course), we might want to give less picks.

I'd be all over a trade that doesn't include Scottie or Pascal tho. Fred, Trent and Birch would work.
      Fred trent ... I mean it may but I really do think you may have to consider OG to really put your trump card. on the table

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I'm thinking this could be the deal and all 3 teams would see it as a win.

Nets get 3 young guys 2 potential all star. Plus a couple picks from Miami.

heat land Durant and can keep Lowry and butler who he wants to play with.

we get the center the system needs.

Bam, scottie, Pascal would be a crazy 3-5
        i can't see this onm y screen what is the deal?

Comment

I feel like the Gobert trade fucked everything up. 5 unprotected picks for that guy?

I mentioned it already but the 2004 Shaq to Miami trade should be the bar. I keep hearing how we've never seen a superstar player like KD get traded before. Umm Shaq? Shaq at that time was 32. Unlike Durant, Shaq is a LEGIT top 10 player of all time. The Heat refused to give up their young star(Wade) for him. The Lakers instead got the Heat's secondary young star in Odom and a bunch of role players(Butler, Grant) and draft picks.
          yeah but htey got meh players.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

i can't see this onm y screen what is the deal?
            KD to heat.
            Bam to raptors.
            herro,OG and Gary to nets. Heat throw in a couple picks
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

KD to heat.
              Bam to raptors.
              Achiuwa will be better Bam.
              Bam is overrated.
              Lol..OG and Trent for Bam..
              We didn't want 2 trade og and Trent for Golbert, why would we want trade for bam...
              Common guy.
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• updated odds

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

If you trade Fred and Trent but keep OG. The shooting is still there. You lose one shooter and replace the other with KD who can shoot and then some.

Pascal shot pretty decently on catch and shoots. He'd get more opportunities playing with KD. OG can go back to being a 40% 3 and D player. You have to assume Precious and Scottie will get better. Raptors also signed Porter who is a good shooter.
                  OG is a catch and shoot guy for the most part, it's not quite the same. I forgot about Porter though and he could really feast off open looks created from KD's presence.

Comment

KD to heat.
                    Bam to raptors.
                    I kinda like and I don't.

It leaves a hole at the 3 spot (means Otto Porter will play there more) - bench will suffer as well as shooting all around.

Also we are helping out the Heat more to become a tougher contender.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

updated odds
                      Yikes, shying away from the Heat of the Desert*

shit the wrong spelling syndrome from Doc Lecter is contagious lol
                      Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Wed Jul 6, 2022, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

Achiuwa will be better Bam.
                        Bam is overrated.
                        Lol..OG and Trent for Bam..
                        We didn't want 2 trade og and Trent for Golbert, why would we want trade for bam...
                        Common guy.
                        Nah man, Bam is really good

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Man, I don't know if trading Scottie to make this work is the right move. I guess it depends on what's coming with KD and what else is leaving with Scottie. If it's basically Scottie + picks then maybe... If KD is coming there has to be enough here around him to be a major contender for the next four years.
                          Trading just Scotty for KD would obviously get looked at but even then, could be a horrible trade long term unless we won a Chip n the next couple of years. Barnes is the only untouchable imo

Comment

I feel like the Gobert trade fucked everything up. 5 unprotected picks for that guy?

I mentioned it already but the 2004 Shaq to Miami trade should be the bar. I keep hearing how we've never seen a superstar player like KD get traded before. Umm Shaq? Shaq at that time was 32. Unlike Durant, Shaq is a LEGIT top 10 player of all time. The Heat refused to give up their young star(Wade) for him. The Lakers instead got the Heat's secondary young star in Odom and a bunch of role players(Butler, Grant) and draft picks.
                            3 unprotected picks, 1 top 5 protected pick, and 1 player who was already drafted this year in Kessler. That's where everyone gets the 5 picks from, they include Kessler as a pick which I think is fair.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Trading just Scotty for KD would obviously get looked at but even then, could be a horrible trade long term unless we won a Chip n the next couple of years. Barnes is the only untouchable imo
                              it would look bad because you would need to include OG+trent to likely make up the salary... his salary is so low that its hard to include him THANKFULLY.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

updated odds
                                wow. That’s huge. I thought something was odd when I couldn’t find the odds this morning. I got excited when I saw the next one at plus 250 but then I saw with the nets. Still, only 200 points back of the Suns. We haven’t been that close since this all started. What’s interesting is how the Nets jumped up

Comment

Working...
                                X