No announcement yet.

The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps now +380. So they are dropping too.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

wow. That’s huge. I thought something was odd when I couldn’t find the odds this morning. I got excited when I saw the next one at plus 250 but then I saw with the nets. Still, only 200 points back of the Suns. We haven’t been that close since this all started. What’s interesting is how the Nets jumped up
      Nets are moving up because they aren't getting offers anywhere remotely close to the "absolute haul" that they're looking for. It doesn't matter what Gobert got.... the trade request came too late to create a better market. Timing is everything.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Raps now +380. So they are dropping too.
        Suns plummeted too while the Nets have climbed up after all the talk about Nets keeping them.

Comment

• Chris Haynes said something interesting on Danny Green's podcast.

There are always players that ask for trade requests privately through out a season, but whenever a trade request goes to the ears of NBA insiders like Chris, that usually means its a bigger deal and the player wants out ASAP.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Trading just Scotty for KD would obviously get looked at but even then, could be a horrible trade long term unless we won a Chip n the next couple of years. Barnes is the only untouchable imo
            FVV
            OG
            KD
            Siakam
            Precious

Would be a crazy good lineup. It's obviously preferable not to give up Scottie (and I'd want Siakam to play with KD) but having a window of a few years where we're championship contenders..., maybe even favourites, that's not nothing man.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Fred trent ... I mean it may but I really do think you may have to consider OG to really put your trump card. on the table
              Would you do Fred & OG? I'd hate to see OG go, but keeping Barnes and Siakam and adding Durant would be incredible. The length we could put out there!

Comment

• KD is nice things.... everybody always wants "nice things". It's impulsive as hell though. dude is 34, and not the man he used to be. I no world I'd wanna live in do you trade a young kid like Barnes for an old, weathered Lion with twig legs and a past Achilles tear. That's insanity,

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

Would you do Fred & OG? I'd hate to see OG go, but keeping Barnes and Siakam and adding Durant would be incredible. The length we could put out there!
                  yes with less picks.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                    KD is nice things.... everybody always wants "nice things". It's impulsive as hell though. dude is 34, and not the man he used to be. I no world I'd wanna live in do you trade a young kid like Barnes for an old, weathered Lion with twig legs and a past Achilles tear. That's insanity,
                    He's 33 but turns 34 at the start of the season. So he's old but not that old.

Main thing to me is production, not age. The Bucs could have said no to Tom Brady because no QB has ever been good while that old, but instead they looked at his production and it was still elite. They don't regret bringing him in one bit.

KD is still elite by every definition, and he played a shit ton of minutes, 37.2 per game, so his health seems fine to me.

30ppg, 7.4 reb, 6.4 ast, 0.518 FG, 0.384 3PT, 0.910 FT, 0.634 TS

All on heavy attempts and scoring from every part of the floor. He's still a perennial MVP candidate putting up better numbers than he did on the Warriors.

Tim Duncan was still an all star at age 38. KD will be 37 when his contract is up. I'm not worried about some massive decline during his contract, he will still be very good even if he slows down a bit.

100% no Barnes in the trade, but anything else gives us current MVP candidate to pair with our future MVP candidate, which to me leads to an 8+ year dynasty.

I really hope Masai pulls this off.

Comment

• Question ? If this was Lebron and not KD which one would you be wanting more or get you excited ..

Comment

FVV
                        OG
                        KD
                        Siakam
                        Precious

Would be a crazy good lineup. It's obviously preferable not to give up Scottie (and I'd want Siakam to play with KD) but having a window of a few years where we're championship contenders..., maybe even favourites, that's not nothing man.
                        the problem is giving up scottie means you have to give up enough other assets to facillitate a deal meaning you are looking at likely og and trent just t make it work. On top of that 2-3 years down the line if you hven't won or maybe you have but KD doesn't for sure think he can win ... he could ask out and then you have gutted your team with no pivot point.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

KD is still elite by every definition, and he played a shit ton of minutes, 37.2 per game, so his health seems fine to me.
                          I see you conveniently left out the amount of games he played last season, 55 games... and 35 the year before (72 game season), and was out the season before that. Still great stats, and it's intriguing that he played 37.2 minutes in those 55 games. There still is concern though.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post

I see you conveniently left out the amount of games he played last season, 55 games... and 35 the year before (72 game season), and was out the season before that. Still great stats, and it's intriguing that he played 37.2 minutes in those 55 games. There still is concern though.
                            59 games, he played 4 playoff games as well. He averaged 44 minutes per game in the playoffs. Classic broken down old man stuff....

He played 12 playoff games in 2020-21, and averaged 40.4 minutes per game that year.

Fully healthy for playoff time and plays all the games, like literally all of them minus a few minutes. That counts more for me.

Comment

FVV
                              OG
                              KD
                              Siakam
                              Precious

But who else are you giving up (not in your starting 5) to make the deal $$$ work? You can't.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                                Question ? If this was Lebron and not KD which one would you be wanting more or get you excited ..
                                I want him even less.
                                It's not a problem with Durant per se, it's the cost.
                                Fred, OG and a few picks I'd do. No to Scotty at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X