No announcement yet.

The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Given our current roster and the strength of the other teams, do you guys think KD can replicate the impact Kawhi had?

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
      Question ? If this was Lebron and not KD which one would you be wanting more or get you excited ..
      Doesn't matter if it's Michael Jordan. I'm not trading a 20 year star who has a chance to be a special player for a 34 year old superstar. That's just dumb imo.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
        Given our current roster and the strength of the other teams, do you guys think KD can replicate the impact Kawhi had?
        Yes.

Comment

Given our current roster and the strength of the other teams, do you guys think KD can replicate the impact Kawhi had?
          It obviously depends on the outgoing assets in KD's case which are far more. As well the circumstances of the teams' growth are different ... it was kind of stagnant during the Kawhi trade (the lowry/DD experiment was done) and here we have a good team coming off a decent year and yet to see how some will have improved. We do not have to make this trade and gut our assets unless it is in our favour.

Think about taking those asstes (players & picks) many have already mentally committed to parting with and use some of them to get pieces to improve it to a championship standard. Not too many KDs around but certainly opportunities for very good players could present itself in the coming few months.

No Scotty trade ... wait them out.

Comment

• The thing is, Scottie would be the guy that fits the least in any KD time line. You want a veteran team around KD, not guys that are still learning the game and developing skills.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              The thing is, Scottie would be the guy that fits the least in any KD time line. You want a veteran team around KD, not guys that are still learning the game and developing skills.
              He'd still be a fantastic contributer on a championship team given his skillset.

Comment

He averaged 30 last season and almost buried the champions the year before. He is more than capable still.

The way he plays, I can still see him averaging 25+ at 37 years old barring any injuries.

Comment

• Brooklyn privately maintains that it won’t trade Kevin Durant unless it gets a package in return that starts with a blue-chipper like New Orleans’ Brandon Ingram or Toronto’s Scottie Barnes … along with lots more attached to a theoretical deal than the absolute hauls San Antonio and Utah received in exchange for Murray and Gobert.

Source: Marc Stein @ marcstein.substack.com
                  https://hoopshype.com/2022/07/06/net...e-barnes-type/

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

But who else are you giving up (not in your starting 5) to make the deal $$$ work? You can't.
                    It's possible to do with Barnes and Trent. Add Young and Birch and it works.

Comment

• I'm curious what the asking price for Kawhi was before he got traded. Might have to go back and check.

Again with the conflicting reports. Before Nets didn't want to pair Scottie with Simmons, now they won't make a trade without Scottie involved.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

the problem is giving up scottie means you have to give up enough other assets to facillitate a deal meaning you are looking at likely og and trent just t make it work. On top of that 2-3 years down the line if you hven't won or maybe you have but KD doesn't for sure think he can win ... he could ask out and then you have gutted your team with no pivot point.
                        Trade machine also let me do Barnes, Trent, Birch, Flynn and Svi. First two trades I tried worked, so I don't think it's impossible. Hopefully it's a moot point in any case, and we can get KD for Fred, OG & picks.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

Trade machine also let me do Barnes, Trent, Birch, Flynn and Svi. First two trades I tried worked, so I don't think it's impossible. Hopefully it's a moot point in any case, and we can get KD for Fred, OG & picks.
                          if you give up barnes you give up zero firsts not trading him for Barnes. No way no how.

We aren't desperate they are... same with the suns, same with miami. if they want to overpay let em. I love pascal and i'd even give pascal before scottie. No. I would be wliling to give a chip and keep scottie but scottie will win a chip here.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I'm curious what the asking price for Kawhi was before he got traded. Might have to go back and check.

Again with the conflicting reports. Before Nets didn't want to pair Scottie with Simmons, now they won't make a trade without Scottie involved.
                            they wanted more picks and that was a sticking point

Comment

• Then let them sit next to their dumpster fire a while and check back later.

Comment

• We can easily beat the package SA got for Murray and Utah got for Gobert without including Scottie. So weird that those were considered absolute hauls when they didn't include any blue chippers, let alone good players. We can send the Nets a haul of picks and good players, easily trumping those other deals.

Comment

Working...
                                X