The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post

I think they're aggressively highballing to try and get the highest offer as a starting point for a negotiation. I don't like that tactic either, it feels like a waste of time because it's clearly phony but it doesn't matter what they demand. They're only getting what the market dictates and the market seems to be saying that the Wolves are stupid and they will not influence a Durant deal. Masai is savvy, I trust that he will walk away from a bad deal.
    in my opinion its a silly tactic to go into a negotiation like that. Let others offer you and you can say no but to start off with an asking price on a player who just got swept, is 34, has shown that they are willing to leave before their commitment is over (4 years of control is starting NOW).... Yes, it is KD don't get me wrong and him on this team is great but the nets and nets' fanbase seem to think we NEED this .... we do not this team is young and would rather gamble on the uncertainty of what a 20year old ROY winner could be in one of the strongest NBA drafts in recent memory.

I know raptors podcasters that are the main ones (locked on) don't want to just shut down the notion to be ..cordial on a show but it is just not a move that the majority of the NBA would make much less the raptors. I would say maybe only the kings because they are so desperate to even just make the playoffs and that franchise's GM is on his last year contract-wise.

Bobby and Masai are patient and willing to literally wait forever and then pounce.

Not saying we get a guy like KD or anyone else for free, but we do not make bad trades and they rarely disrupt our future financial flexibility OR sell all future assets. Most trades that have included future pick assets have included 1 maybe max two that I can personally think about. We are willing to obviously sell all our future assets if necessary IF we keep Scottie. Because at least that way if this experiment doesn't work out you can pull the rip cord.

slaw wrote: View Post

I imagine something gets done before the season with Durant. It's only going to get harder to orchestrate a trade once the season begins.
    It will you want to get him in before training camp or it starts getting difficult and you move towards other assets as they come available the nets will not get equal value and they will eventually come to expect that as time goes on. This core has not come close to plateauing ... even if that means potentially future conference finals out or only 2nd round out.... I dont know. but we honestly haven't seen enough to know. GTJ is likely gone somehow some way by the seasons end but either way this specific KD thing is interesting to see play out ... I do think once the Ayton thing becomes sorted the raptors are the likely bidder that wins. Maybe the pelicans but last I heard they aren't interested I think they like their team as is and want to run with it. The Grizzlies aren't seemingly interested.

Boston ... if they give up Brown but I doubt it.

Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Thu Jul 7, 2022, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Maybe that was the asking price for both KD and Kyrie?

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

How is this even possible, didn't Minni give away most of their draft picks for Gobert before the Durant news was even announced? Unless they're talking about distant future firsts? Not sure how the trading of picks works.
        Would guess that this was the ask before the Gobert trade - if I remember correctly, can only trade non-consecutive picks up to 7 years away (but can pick swap)

Comment

• Sacramento should get into the sweepstakes, They are horrible at drafting anyways:

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
            Sacramento should get into the sweepstakes, They are horrible at drafting anyways:
            Agreed. Even as a team in a 3 team trade.
            They have been drafting better recently, but they're a poorly constructed team that is desperate to get in the playoffs. This could be their chance to upgrade a number of their players.

Comment

• if the price don't go down then I don't see him going anywhere.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Delusional Nets.
                Delusional.

That was the first word that came to my mind, too, when I saw that re Minny.

It's so funny. Bkyln can want all they want... but they ain't gonna get it.

I'm having this vision of Brooklyn's demands whittling further and further down until we win out with our lowest possible bid.

...And Masai coming out onto the podium to introduce KD and dropping the mich after saying only two words...

You know the ones.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Delusional.

That was the first word that came to my mind, too, when I saw that re Minny.

It's so funny. Bkyln can want all they want... but they ain't gonna get it.

I'm having this vision of Brooklyn's demands whittling further and further down until we win out with our lowest possible bid.

...And Masai coming out onto the podium to introduce KD and dropping the mich after saying only two words...

You know the ones.

can KD come down from a helicopter and fireworks? and siakam and scottie come up from the floor?

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                    Sacramento should get into the sweepstakes, They are horrible at drafting anyways:
                    i'd love their picks given that they have been in the lottery every year since bush left office.

Comment

can KD come down from a helicopter and fireworks? and siakam and scottie come up from the floor?
                      Lol that's not that far off from the ceremony Bosh & Lebron did with Wade in Miami when they were first introduced.

Comment

i'd love their picks given that they have been in the lottery every year since bush left office.
                        That's what Im thinking. Trading anybody (but Barnes) for anybody on their team PLUS unprotected FRPs. Just might be delusional & those unprotected FRPs will be gold in next 7-10 years. They've been in lottery most of this century.

Comment

• Hello Brooklyn. This is Masai u r dealing with not Rob Babock

Comment

• This franchise will be fine with or without KD and I'm pretty sure Nets are aware of this and that Masai is under no pressure to make this deal happen.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              This franchise will be fine with or without KD and I'm pretty sure Nets are aware of this and that Masai is under no pressure to make this deal happen.
                              Well summed up

Comment

• Just for fun, decided to check Kawhi's original asking price.

According to Larry Coon of Spectrum Sportsnet, the Spurs are asking for Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart, Brandon Ingram, two-first round picks and for the Lakers to agree on swapping multiple picks.
                                https://www.thesportster.com/basketb...e-for-leonard/

Comment

Working...
                                X