Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

That's too much to unpack here.

There is not a whole lot of difference between Kawhi trade and possible Durant trade. Both are/were disgruntled superstars who are/were going to be their new teams best players and hopefully be good enough to win a championship that year.

Kawhi did not dictate terms to Ujiri and Nurse but they did enough to assure he will be happy and it will be the same with Durant. Durant may play ball for one year with the Raps (even though he is under contract for another 3 after) but much like Kawhi has enough power, pull and influence to change his circumstances quickly should the need be desired.
    And then the Raptors put out feelers to see who wants to trade for KD, after he demonstrates once again that he is capable of leading a championship team. And Masai pr Bobby be like "Line up the players and first round picks guys."

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

And then the Raptors put out feelers to see who wants to trade for KD, after he demonstrates once again that he is capable of leading a championship team. And Masai pr Bobby be like "Line up the players and first round picks guys."
      Its good to have KD within the first 2 years. Ideally you win a championship with one or both of those years and if that's the case you give Durant what he wants after cause he earned it. If he wants to stay in Toronto for the remining of his contract, you do that. If he wants to go to a specific team and we get a something back you do that as well.

The last 2 years of his contract you are looking at massive $50 million dollars per year and outside a genetic freak that Lebron is , there is going to be a noticeable drop off in minutes/production for a 36 year old if he is able maintain to stay relatively healthy till than.

Comment

Its good to have KD within the first 2 years. Ideally you win a championship with one or both of those years and if that's the case you give Durant what he wants after cause he earned it. If he wants to stay in Toronto for the remining of his contract, you do that. If he wants to go to a specific team and we get a something back you do that as well.

The last 2 years of his contract you are looking at massive $50 million dollars per year and outside a genetic freak that Lebron is , there is going to be a noticeable drop off in minutes/production for a 36 year old if he is able maintain to stay relatively healthy till than.
        The cap will massively jump before the end of KDs current deal. It will be more like a $30M per year deal with the current cap.

Comment

thats why you keep siakam to load manage him.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

thats why you keep siakam to load manage him.
            But than you have 30 year old Siakam who wants a supermax contract.....

But that's another issue all together.

Comment

But than you have 30 year old Siakam who wants a supermax contract.....

But that's another issue all together.
              he isn't super max eligible unless you really think he will make all NBA ... I don't think so because of all the legacy guys coming back this year Kawh, PG, etc etc

It's also why you lock him into an extension this fall.

Comment

• Comment

• Could the Ayton deal be the one holding up the KD deal? or the other way around

which is which…Lol

Comment

• Fun fact about the ongoing KD saga..

dude just followed a Toronto, Ontario based person

Comment

• I have feeling this might get done soon, maybe tomorrow, mind u..I said that week ago..
                      U know what, I really want KD to come T Dot, just 2 stick it 2 American media.
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Part of me thinks that the longer this plays out, the more likely it turns into a phx/bk/indy 3 way trade. But maybe Indy is just working through the process of committing a near max contact to a big (here’s lookin’ at you Hibbert). Or maybe, as above, Masai is just chillin’

Comment

Not that I am expecting the trade, or think that if it happens they will keep KD (or he will want to stay) for the full 4 years, but I suspect his production in those last two years will be worth what he is getting paid, compared to other players salaries.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            Part of me thinks that the longer this plays out, the more likely it turns into a phx/bk/indy 3 way trade. But maybe Indy is just working through the process of committing a near max contact to a big (here’s lookin’ at you Hibbert). Or maybe, as above, Masai is just chillin’
                            I'm convinced there is no way the Raptors don't win a championship if they trade for KD because I'm almost positive Masai won't give up a package which still leaves a question whether Toronto would have the best roster in the NBA or not.

Comment

• LOL price is dropping and wouldn't you know other teams are reluctant to give their young talented stars for KD but you won't hear ESPN analysts say their GM's are insane for not doing so.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                                because for the right price he would push us over the edge... for the wrong price you cripple yourself
                                I'm not a fan of KD trade unless "right price" except my idea of right price is: Trent, OG, unprotected FRP 2023 & unprotected FRP swap 2024. Maybe 1-2 more (at least) top 5-10 protected picks/swaps. Nets (as it appears now or posturing wont go for that). I just don't see Masai offering more than that.
                                Need a refresher why? Look at Boston-Nets trade for some aging veterans years ago. Its the main reason Bos is what it is now & likely for years to come. Nets were saved (at least appeared at the time) by 2 top, 10,20 players coming in as FA. Are there "saviors" for Raps? Don't count on it. In 2 years, 36 yo KD can easily be negative value at 50 mil. Yikes.
                                IMO, unprotected FRPs & swaps past 2025 is an absolute no go.
                                As for KD pushing us over the edge for next 2 years ( in above scenario):
                                Bos (finalist LY) is MUCH better; Bucks SB healthy; 76er are better & had whole year & off season to "regroup; Miami was No 1 seed. We'd have to beat at least 2 of those to get to East finals, then:
                                Clippers are just loaded (and favourite IMO), GS is champ with some young assets to get even better; Suns were No 1 seed. If Lakers can somehow parlay Westbrook into Irving -interesting at least.
                                Good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X