No announcement yet.

The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one thing I dont understand with the KD saga... why would brooklyn wait for the trade deadline.. what team will be desperate enough to gut their team mid season?

Comment

• Mitchell has been rumored to go to the Knicks or the Heat I believe.

He's young though and would fit the timeline for the Raptors nicely.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
        one thing I dont understand with the KD saga... why would brooklyn wait for the trade deadline.. what team will be desperate enough to gut their team mid season?
        Brooklyn's in a really bad spot with the KD trade request. Nobody is going to give them what they are asking for and they have to know that, KD is 34 after all. But it does them no good to rush into a trade for the sake of moving on. Instead they'll give teams as much time as needed to come up with a better package.

They have 3 top 25 players when healthy. I'm sure they can build a young competitive roster by moving those guys. Or even by keeping Simmons and just trading KD and Kyrie.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Brooklyn's in a really bad spot with the KD trade request. Nobody is going to give them what they are asking for and they have to know that, KD is 34 after all. But it does them no good to rush into a trade for the sake of moving on. Instead they'll give teams as much time as needed to come up with a better package.

They have 3 top 25 players when healthy. I'm sure they can build a young competitive roster by moving those guys. Or even by keeping Simmons and just trading KD and Kyrie.
          I agree with you but why wait until the trade deadline. The whole point is you get this guy to get him in to your training camp. Also Ben Simmons is not top 25 and was not ever top 25

Comment

Mitchell has been rumored to go to the Knicks or the Heat I believe.

I like mitchell but i think the knicks ultimately get him

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I like mitchell but i think the knicks ultimately get him
              Can they still pay him ?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Can they still pay him ?
                what do you mean? he is under contract

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                  And I'm sure fillings are mutual.
                  Sure, he leaked a trade demand.

Comment

Mitchell has been rumored to go to the Knicks or the Heat I believe.

I would seriously consider a trade structured around Anunoby and GTJ for Mitchell and Nickeil Alexander-Walker, and especially so if the plan is to have Precious start at center.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      I do agree in any case that the return from the Heat is pretty bad even in that scenario where they take Simmons. Do the Nets really want to kick off their retool (?) by trading not one but all three of their "core" for either subpar or negative return?
                      Their best bet is to rehab Simmons' image and see where he fits next summer. For example, if they're successful in doing that, there's no reason to rule out them possibly getting a package from a poorly run team that's comparable to the Rudy Gobert package. I would guess the package for Simmons right now would be a mixture of someone else's problem(s) and shitty picks.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

I would seriously consider a trade structured around Anunoby and GTJ for Mitchell and Nickeil Alexander-Walker, and especially so if the plan is to have Precious start at center.
                        I'd pass on that. Mitchell is a sieve defensively, if you trade for him you need every bit of defensive backbone all over the roster to cover for him. I doubt there is any scenario where the Jazz get enough from the Raps and the Raps are happy to send it.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Why would Masai and Bobby give up OG and GTJ for Mitchell and NAW?

Two decent defenders for two pylons

Fireable trade move no doubt.

In the first place, Donovan Mitchell is not the star you would build your team around. He is a Derozan like player that you need to hide defensively. I am not surprise Derozan fans are similarly drawn to a player like Mitchell LOL.

A hard pass.

Comment

• I could see a move where the Raps build their offer around Gary, filler, picks, but I suspect they wouldn't want to send like 7 years of picks and swaps, and even if they did the Jazz would want more, so there just doesn't seem to be a match there.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'd give up Trent and Birch and Svi plus picks for Mitchell if we strike out on KD, but Trent is the best player I'm including in that trade. That would be similar to the return they got for Gobert, but slightly better in my opinion due to Trent.

Comment

• I'm not giving the Jazz a KD like package for Mitchell. I'd give up Trent + a 1st, that's about it. The Jazz probably think they can get a Gobert like package for Mitchell lol, not every team is as dumb as the Timberwolves.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X