Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Steve Nash doesn't deserve this
    Sure he does. He didn’t pay his coaching dues, like Udoka, or even Nurse. No wonder even guys like Cam Thomas don’t respect him.

Nash jumped on a talent bandwagon, just like when he joined Team Canada as GM and was totally unqualified for that job too.

Great player < > great coach or executive.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Sure he does. He didn’t pay his coaching dues, like Udoka, or even Nurse. No wonder even guys like Cam Thomas don’t respect him.

Nash jumped on a talent bandwagon, just like when he joined Team Canada as GM and was totally unqualified for that job too.

he was a trainer/assistant in GSW but I agree he did definitely jump a few rungs on the ladder

Comment

Gretzky landed top executive jobs with the national program as well. Both are the GOAT at their sport for their country. That carries clout that John Doe with equal executive experience doesn't have. The Nets hiring is odd though, maybe they thought all those head cases would respond best to a former MVP?

Comment

• Masai is the right fit for a player like KD and as I said before to a lesser extent Nick Nurse. A motivated KD is a scary KD.
          Masai unlocked something out of Kyle Lowry and that relationship between the two of them is unbreakable.

I am really hoping that BKN would accept whatever offer is on the table from Masai and the Raptors.

Two years of KD (the bare minimum out of 4) is way way better than anyone on this roster except the still untapped potential of Scottie Barnes. Scottie learning from KD is more than enough investment for this organization to consider.

those future picks from the Raptors if that is the deal breaker is fucking meaningless, so it would be stupid to even mention that in a KD trade conversation. Nickle and Diming is silly when getting a playing the caliber of KD. Scottie is the only player that would prevent this trade to happen, full stop !

Comment

• Comment

• So..Everyone has there opinion of what kind of package for KD..mine is..

OG, Trent, Byrch, Flynn, Svi and 4 1st picks.

What kind of package would u send out that u would be ok 2 get KD?

"Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Jerry West own version of a subtle and indirect kind of tampering.

that logo is obsolete, they should change it to MJ’s

LOL

Comment

• Clearly if Masai is not involved in a KD trade, he will probably do his own Jerry West version of indirect and subtle tampering when he was asked lately about the potential interest on KD.

But he is.

Jerry West, zip your bullshit already

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Gretzky landed top executive jobs with the national program as well. Both are the GOAT at their sport for their country. That carries clout that John Doe with equal executive experience doesn't have. The Nets hiring is odd though, maybe they thought all those head cases would respond best to a former MVP?
                    Let's face it... anybody can be GM of Team Canada in hockey and have a 50-50 chance to win it all in major tournaments, after the pros were allowed to play. Those are one-offs.

But how did Gretzky do as coach of the Phoenix Coyotes? (hint: losing record). As an owner? Filed for bankruptcy.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                      So..Everyone has there opinion of what kind of package for KD..mine is..

OG, Trent, Byrch, Flynn, Svi and 4 1st picks.

What kind of package would u send out that u would be ok 2 get KD?
                      i'd go as high as fvv and og

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

i'd go as high as fvv and og
                        Yup that's the sweet spot. But we're not going to mortgage all our picks, and then it can be a deal breaker. I think KD starts the season with Brooklyn.

Comment

Let's face it... anybody can be GM of Team Canada in hockey and have a 50-50 chance to win it all in major tournaments, after the pros were allowed to play. Those are one-offs.

But how did Gretzky do as coach of the Phoenix Coyotes? (hint: losing record). As an owner? Filed for bankruptcy.
                          Former players like Jordan and Gretzky don't make good coaches because they saw the game on a different level and can't relate to how most pros see the game so they're terrible teachers. The best coaches are usually guys that barely made the pros or never did and had to use every trick in the book to make it as far as they did.

Nick Nurse is a perfect example. Played for a small college and then pro ball in the UK. He didn't have amazing athletic gifts to rely on.

Popovich went to the Air Force and played guard for the US Armed Forces basketball team. Never made the pros but he did get to try out for the Olympic team.

Also of note both were PGs, which I think is the best position for coaching since you run the offense.

Comment

I'm not defending the act or their track records, I'm just explaining why it happens. They have clout, they earned the chance from their cumulative experiences, successes and networking. That's life. It happens in every field: the most competent person doesn't always rise to the top. Look at politics.

It's nice when the most competent person does rise to the top though. Because the contrast between Masai and 95% of the league has given the Raptors a huge advantage for years now that's started really paying off in the last half decade.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

I'm not defending the act or their track records, I'm just explaining why it happens. They have clout, they earned the chance from their cumulative experiences, successes and networking. That's life. It happens in every field: the most competent person doesn't always rise to the top. Look at politics.

It's nice when the most competent person does rise to the top though. Because the contrast between Masai and 95% of the league has given the Raptors a huge advantage for years now that's started really paying off in the last half decade.
                              Ok, sure. I thought you were defending the "Nash doesn't deserve this" complaint. He totally deserves it, because he was blatantly un-qualified... but he took the job anyway. That's 100% on him.

Comment

Ok, sure. I thought you were defending the "Nash doesn't deserve this" complaint. He totally deserves it, because he was blatantly un-qualified... but he took the job anyway. That's 100% on him.
                                Well any person would take it. Problem is Nets let KD and Kyrie manage the team and KD wanted Nash as the coach.

Nash, KD, Kyrie, the front office. The entire team is a mess and will be next season if they run it back.

Comment

Working...
                                X