No announcement yet.

The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Thread about Dwayne Casey..a Trash coach or about KD.
    If anyone says, he would of gotten us a ring in 2019, than u lost some marbles. Stop it.
    Dwayne Casey is garbage.

As for KD front..seems like reports are suggesting that raptors haven't offered that much of draft compensation..Not even 3 1st rd picks.. but two 1st rd picks..
    I can't tell u that won't get it done..Danny Ainge f^%%^ us with Rudy golbert..4 1st rd picks..lol..maybe 1st, but 4..damn.
    Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Sat Jul 16, 2022, 01:23 PM.
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

We have no evidence Casey even plays Serge at C, let alone is willing to push him to a bench role, which was absolutely crucial. As was shrinking the rotation in the 76ers series, another thing I doubt he does.

One thing I can say for sure - Casey was quite capable of generating an extra loss or two every playoff round even in circumstances where it didn't seem possible. We did not have that margin in the chip run.
      Casey was great for what they needed him for. He took a team that was a perennial loser and helped create a defensive identity and base to build on. Sort of like Carlisle did with Detroit before Larry Brown was brought in to get them to that next level.

Problem was that management probably held onto Casey for a bit too long.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Casey was great for what they needed him for. He took a team that was a perennial loser and helped create a defensive identity and base to build on. Sort of like Carlisle did with Detroit before Larry Brown was brought in to get them to that next level.

Problem was that management probably held onto Casey for a bit too long.
        Management holding on to him is a bit of an excuse for his weaknesses. Not that they didn't but still.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

Zero chance Casey matches Gasol's minutes to Embiid the way Nurse did. Pound the rock same rotations as regular season. Embiid goes off and raps lose in 2nd round.
          Nurse didn’t tether Gasol to Embiid until game 3. Every coach has stubborn blind spots. Nurse adjusts, but he’ll punt a few games until the adjustment is obvious. Like finally cutting Fred’s minutes vs Sixers in 2019 because he was unplayable. Or this year vs. Sixers stopping the aggressive double team on Harden and less pressure & trapping on Embiid.

Comment

• Casey was not garbage, he did a tonne for this franchise. Do you even remember what this franchise looked like before Casey. Masai, Casey, and staff turned the ship around. Casey deserves some respect for that.

I believe Nurse is the better in game coach, and I’m not sure Casey would’ve been able to make the adjustments needed during that Championship run.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
              Casey was not garbage, he did a tonne for this franchise. Do you even remember what this franchise looked like before Casey. Masai, Casey, and staff turned the ship around. Casey deserves some respect for that.

I believe Nurse is the better in game coach, and I’m not sure Casey would’ve been able to make the adjustments needed during that Championship run.
              Casey is coach that for us as an organization helped to shift the town and culture and he deserves all the credit for that. IF I am not mistaken Casey was a hold over from the BC era....

Nurse is better at two things... experimenting during the season for the sake of it to get data points and in game adjustments. Casey was good at making adjustments between games at times but in games his coaching subs and decisions were questionable.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                Casey was not garbage, he did a tonne for this franchise. Do you even remember what this franchise looked like before Casey. Masai, Casey, and staff turned the ship around. Casey deserves some respect for that.

I don't hate Casey, he's good for culture and a perfectly fine mid level coach. But he absolutely doesn't have the chops to lead a championship team. He got out coached every playoffs and it was incredibly obvious to everyone. There was a reason he got fired after a coach of the year season because he once again got severely out coached in the playoffs.

I guess the Casey fans forgot hockey lineups, overplaying vets just because they were vets, despite the fact they were playing like shit. Derozan iso was his only move when games got close and it cost us close games over and over and over. He massively undervalued JV. I could go on and on. Casey would NEVER have won a championship here with any roster. Coaching matters and in the playoffs Casey got clowned on every season.

Comment

• If nothing else, Casey was the one coach that could reign in the GROAT. If that never happens who knows which direction the franchise would have headed.

Whose your top 5 Raps coaches of all time?

1. Nurse
                  2. Casey
                  3. Carter
                  4. Wilkens
                  5. Mitchell
                  Last edited by LJ2; Sat Jul 16, 2022, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    If nothing else, Casey was the one coach that could reign in the GROAT. If that never happens who knows which direction the franchise would have headed.

Whose your top 5 Raps coaches of all time?

1. Nurse 2. Casey
                    3. Carter
                    4. Wilkens
                    5. Mitchell
                    I'm fine putting Casey at 2 but it's a distant 2, Nurse is a MUCH better coach than Casey, I'd say best coach in the NBA, top 3 for sure.

Comment

• Here is a good question... was Triano that bad... and if so why does he keep getting gigs???

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I'm fine putting Casey at 2 but it's a distant 2, Nurse is a MUCH better coach than Casey, I'd say best coach in the NBA, top 3 for sure.
                        I think Nurse is for sure top 5 in the NBA right now.

Pop

Kerr

Nurse

Spo

Udoka

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                          Here is a good question... was Triano that bad... and if so why does he keep getting gigs???
                          Some people are simply better at being number 2.

Comment

Pop

Kerr

Nurse

Spo

Udoka
                            Pop is great but actually over rated. Having average teams without elite talent has exposed him ....

Comment

Pop

Kerr

Nurse

Spo

Udoka
                              Yeah but whose on your top 5 Raps coaches all time?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Pop is great but actually over rated. Having average teams without elite talent has exposed him ....
                                Disgree hard with this. Spurs have been trying to tank and if they had Casey they'd be bottom 4 in the league. Pop keeps them competing for the playoffs even with a bad roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X