The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Talent is what matters really. Lowry and DeMar played like crap in that series against Washington.. and Masai gave Casey a lot of bad defenders like Vasquez and Lou Williams. Lowry was hurt in 2017 if I recall (that was the PJ Tucker year I think). And in 2018 it was a debacle, but we lost two really close games. JV couldn't get a put back in the first game. Lebron hit a miraculous shot over OG in game 3. DeMar just disappeared in that series and was basically unplayable.

But if Casey had Kawhi and Marc instead of DeMar and JV I suspect he would have done better. Nurse also didn't have to play against Lebron as he went out west. Lucky him.
    Of course talent trumps coaching. As I said, coaching works as an enhancer for talent.

So Casey is getting a pass for getting swept by a team Raptors had no business getting swept by. Were the Wizards that much more talented? That was the series people started turning on Casey. DeMar had his own issues, but Casey was far from perfect, especially in the Playoffs.

We can talk about "ifs", but I don't see the point here. Casey had his flaws, and sure Nick does too, but he is widely regarded as a top tier coach.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Of course talent trumps coaching. As I said, coaching works as an enhancer for talent.

So Casey is getting a pass for getting swept by a team Raptors had no business getting swept by. Were the Wizards that much more talented? That was the series people started turning on Casey. DeMar had his own issues, but Casey was far from perfect, especially in the Playoffs.

We can talk about "ifs", but I don't see the point here. Casey had his flaws, and sure Nick does too, but he is widely regarded as a top tier coach.
      We also barely got past the wizards team the next time and realistically should have beaten them.

Comment

• latest update is they weren't impressed with herro and robinson LOL

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
          latest update is they weren't impressed with herro and robinson LOL
          That is the appropriate response.

Comment

• We can all speculate on who's the better coach,
            most important thing right now is that we have a coach that NBA players and FOs admire and respect.

Especially KD who is singing praises of Nick.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
              latest update is they weren't impressed with herro and robinson LOL
              Thanks for bringing it back to KD. But whatever…it’s the dog days of summer basketball

Comment

• according to this nets blog post, frank isola heard that our offer was siakam, OG, and four first round picks.

and in a conversation with Mina Kimes of ESPN on Pardon the Interruption, Isola added that he had heard the Raptors have offered a package including Pascal Siakem, OG Ananoby (but not Scottie Barnes) and four first round picks. Still, he and Kimes believe that Durant will be with the Nets next season, something both Ian Eagle, Isola’s YES Network colleague, and Adrian Wojnarowski have also said is not impossible, maybe even likely.
                which conflicts with previous reporting (i think from windhorst?) that the raptors hadn't offered the maximum draft capital, and seems steeper than i would have guessed we'd be willing to go. it's definitely much steeper than i'd want them to go

it also seems unlikely the nets would get a better offer than that, so if it were really on the table either a deal would be done already or a deal is never getting done
                Last edited by chris; Sun Jul 17, 2022, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
                  according to this nets blog post, frank isola heard that our offer was siakam, OG, and four first round picks.

which conflicts with previous reporting (i think from windhorst?) that the raptors hadn't offered the maximum draft capital, and seems steeper than i would have guessed we'd be willing to go. it's definitely much steeper than i'd want them to go

it also seems unlikely the nets would get a better offer than that, so if it were really on the table either a deal would be done already or a deal is never getting done
                  Wow, that's more than I'd be comfortable with as well. If the nets didn't take that then they are fools. I guess there is still plenty of time if the offer is still on the board.

FVV, GTJr, Durant, Barnes, Precious
                  banton, Flynn, Thad, boucher, OPJr, koloko, birch

Does that seem like contender? We lose a lot of D if siakam and OG are outgoing.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Wow, that's more than I'd be comfortable with as well. If the nets didn't take that then they are fools. I guess there is still plenty of time if the offer is still on the board.

FVV, GTJr, Durant, Barnes, Precious
                    banton, Flynn, Thad, boucher, OPJr, koloko, birch

Does that seem like contender? We lose a lot of D if siakam and OG are outgoing.
                    possibly but it would require a huge step up from barnes on defense and for durant to exert himself more on that end than he's used to.

it's a hard no from me, i'd rather have pascal and OG

Comment

according to this nets blog post, frank isola heard that our offer was siakam, OG, and four first round picks.

I think that is what they would like... I don't think we have offered that.. the most recent reporting from our side is we haven't discussed a ton of pick equity ... barnes is for sure off the table.. I doubt we would include siakam... but if we do it won't be siakam and og that is 100% certain.....

you lose out on offensive creativity and playmaking and defence and you suddenly become very thin at the wings.

Comment

possibly but it would require a huge step up from barnes on defense and for durant to exert himself more on that end than he's used to.

it's a hard no from me, i'd rather have pascal and OG
                        that is the thing if you get kd and you want it to work out best you need to have the team good enough that you can sometimes load manage him, especially in year 2/3/4 of this.

Comment

• Yeah, if the nets didn’t take that offer they’d be out of their freakin minds.

I wouldn’t wanna give that. No way.

Comment

• It's nonsense that leak. No way the Raptors go that high and no way the Nets don't take it and run if they did.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              It's nonsense that leak. No way the Raptors go that high and no way the Nets don't take it and run if they did.
                              That is the thing... its soo outlandish and not inline with how this front office has manuvered for.... over half a decade now.

Comment

I really want KD but if Nets said no to that offer forget it. Kinda doubt we offered that much.

Comment

Working...
                                X