No announcement yet.

The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still shaking my head that the Nets tried the same approach for trading Durant that the 76ers used when trading Simmons, knowing that it took the 76ers the better part of a year to trade Simmons, and even then, only finding a trade that returned the level of value they were looking for because another team was in its own desperate situation.

To work well, the Simmons approach requires more patience and much more team stability than the Nets have to offer, and it would also generally benefit from an environment where the team and the rest of the players are in harmony with each other (which the Nets don't really have to the extent they want either).

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      I saw a clip somewhere yesterday of KD shooting hoops in a gym in Portland. Doesn't mean anything of course but Portland was also one of the places KD has been linked to as a trade destination. Can't really picture what their trade offer would look like but would probably include Anfernee Simmons, Shaedon Sharpe and a bunch of picks. Maybe Ingles to balance the contracts?

Nets get a couple of young studs and picks and send KD out West. Portland puts a team that can (maybe) contend with the best in the West.

Dame
      Payton/Hart
      Grant
      KD
      Nurkic
      If the Nets are turning down our offers then Portland doesn't have anything of interest to them beyond maybe Dame.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
        I'm still shaking my head that the Nets tried the same approach for trading Durant that the 76ers used when trading Simmons, knowing that it took the 76ers the better part of a year to trade Simmons, and even then, only finding a trade that returned the level of value they were looking for because another team was in its own desperate situation.

To work well, the Simmons approach requires more patience and much more team stability than the Nets have to offer, and it would also generally benefit from an environment where the team and the rest of the players are in harmony with each other (which the Nets don't really have to the extent they want either).
        that is exactly correct the nets do not have the stability to wait this out

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

If the Nets are turning down our offers then Portland doesn't have anything of interest to them beyond maybe Dame.
          Depends what the Raps are offering.

And also depends on whether the Nets want to stick to this strategy of trying to continue to compete for a championship. A bit of a fools errand to think they are going to get quality All Star type players for KD and Kyrie to put along side Simmons. They'd be better off trying to gather a stable of young prospects along with picks like what Utah and OKC have done.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
            I'm still shaking my head that the Nets tried the same approach for trading Durant that the 76ers used when trading Simmons, knowing that it took the 76ers the better part of a year to trade Simmons, and even then, only finding a trade that returned the level of value they were looking for because another team was in its own desperate situation.

Speaking of Simmons, has he weighed in on this yet? He can't be happy.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Simmons is always happy.

Easy-going fella.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Simmons might be happy - he knows that the focus of the media questions will be more focused on KD and Kyrie, rather than himself. Here's hoping that media in every single visiting city hound KD and Kyrie about the trade demands on an hourly basis!

Comment

Depends what the Raps are offering.

And also depends on whether the Nets want to stick to this strategy of trying to continue to compete for a championship. A bit of a fools errand to think they are going to get quality All Star type players for KD and Kyrie to put along side Simmons. They'd be better off trying to gather a stable of young prospects along with picks like what Utah and OKC have done.
                  I guess if we're offering Birch and Svi then yeah they could outbid us. One of the reports said the Nets turned down Pascal + OG + Picks and Portland can't touch that offer with a 10ft pole.

Comment

I guess if we're offering Birch and Svi then yeah they could outbid us. One of the reports said the Nets turned down Pascal + OG + Picks and Portland can't touch that offer with a 10ft pole.
                    LOL, there's no way we are competing for a title without Siakam. That "report" seems sketchy.

Comment

LOL, there's no way we are competing for a title without Siakam. That "report" seems sketchy.
                      I agree. If true, the Nets are very stupid for turning it down.

Comment

Dame and picks maybe.
                        Then the Nets can find another star for the Kyrie deal.

Dame and Simons + picks might be a bit too much

Comment

• The Nets don't have a lot of leverage here. And I think the 29 other teams know that. Again, I dare them to keep Durant.

The media created this narrative that "you have him for 4 years" without mentioning the fact that he's 34 years old. Can KD play at an elite level for 4 more years without getting injured? all you need to do is look at LeBron James. Never had any injury history the first 15 years of his career, dude is like a cyborg then bam! he turned 34 and he started to get injured a lot. He's injury prone now. He's still good but not the same player. If LeBron can't beat father time you think KD can? lol.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• And I mentioned it here many times before and I correct me if i'm wrong but I don't think anyone in the media brought this up: the Shaq trade. First of all, Shaq > KD. Anyone agree right?

Shaq was 32 when the Lakers traded him to the Heat. Pat Riley wasn't stupid to give up his best young player(Wade) for an aging player who's still good. Instead they gave up their secondary young players in Odom and Butler.

Who's the Odom and Butler of the Raps? i'd say Siakam and Trent even though Siakam is better than Odom.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                                And I mentioned it here many times before and I correct me if i'm wrong but I don't think anyone in the media brought this up: the Shaq trade. First of all, Shaq > KD. Anyone agree right?

Shaq was 32 when the Lakers traded him to the Heat. Pat Riley wasn't stupid to give up his best young player(Wade) for an aging player who's still good. Instead they gave up their secondary young players in Odom and Butler.

Who's the Odom and Butler of the Raps? i'd say Siakam and Trent even though Siakam is better than Odom.
                                shaq was not only 32 but I suppose you could make the comparison because shaq and kobe couldn't get along.. the thing is its different in terms of the reasoning.. Kyrie is straight nuts and not because he has an obsession with winning at all costs.

Also yeah Odom as not quite as refined at this point in his career... odom was 24... so I think OG would be the better comparison based on age and what he had shown at the time... ignore style of game.

But also why ae we giving up Siakam and trent. may as well just keep it going.

Comment

Working...
                                X