No announcement yet.

The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• also seeing a report about the wizards COULD go for durant... but with what ... and what would be left over?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
      also seeing a report about the wizards COULD go for durant... but with what ... and what would be left over?
      Probably a three way with another team getting partially or all of Prozingis, Kuzma & Hachimura with picks.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Probably a three way with another team getting partially or all of Prozingis, Kuzma & Hachimura with picks.
        here is the issue.. three team deals are difficult to work out and incentivize. one on one deals especially for super stars are the easiest because they don't break down as much.... Porzingis is greaet salary wise and I still may be in the minority but I think he is a great player... but his injury history and the narrative surrounding him has fallen..... he isn't seen as super valueable. Also you would assume they would want to pair kd with porzingus and beal... Kuzma and Hachimura isn't enough with Rui having a seriously down year. and hasn't really improved since being drafted... not in any significant meaningful way. Does that beat what we can toss out? don't think so. They also do not have full control over there picks having traded much of their picks away although they are protected.

2023 - 1-14 Own; 15-30 to NYK (via HOU to OKC)

2024 - 1-12 Own; 13-30 to NYK (via HOU to OKC) if not already settled

2025 - 1-10 Own; 11-30 to NYK (via HOU to OKC) if not already settled

2026 - 1-8 Own; 9-30 to NYK (via HOU to OKC) if not already settled

Even for their second rounders its messy

Comment

• True, it's hard.

To me it's just Nets media blowing hot air.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            True, it's hard.

To me it's just Nets media blowing hot air.
            I feel the market for KD not being as high as the Nets thought is true.

Now all the Nets can do is create rumors about other teams being interested and hope the Raptors and whoever is interested start panicking and up their offer or the Nets will have to start panicking and lower their offer.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I feel the market for KD not being as high as the Nets thought is true.

Now all the Nets can do is create rumors about other teams being interested and hope the Raptors and whoever is interested start panicking and up their offer or the Nets will have to start panicking and lower their offer.
              I dont think it will be anyone but the raptors... and again FVV and Trent + maybe flynn

Comment

• Why are these ny media clowns just reporting something that is 2 weeks old..
                Hello..we ain't trading Scottie or Siakim.
                These NY media losers think they can get one over Masai...lol..do they know who they dealing with.
                This Nets GM really thinks his smart.
                U can fool your owner giving u a contract..but Masai, u got a lot 2 learn.
                If anyone mentions that Barnes needs 2 moved for Durant..than u don't know basketball...a 20 year old phenom for a guy who needed someone else 2 win him chips.. oh yeah his 33, 34..
                I like Durant, but for reasonable price.. if they don't like it..F%#$ am .
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                  Why are these ny media clowns just reporting something that is 2 weeks old..
                  These NY media losers think they can get one over Masai...lol..do they know who they dealing with.
                  If anyone mentions that Barnes needs 2 moved for Durant..than u don't know basketball...a 20 year old phenom for a guy who needed someone else 2 win him chips.. oh yeah his 33, 34..

I'm not a huge fan of Durant (find him over rated and annoying for the most part) but you definately underrating his skill set. That said, i think Barnes will be as good or better so no reason to trade him for an unstable player. I'm not even sure I'd trade og (I'm a huge og fan) and Gary trent for him. I'd trade Gary and some others and picks though.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                    Why are these ny media clowns just reporting something that is 2 weeks old..

This is it

Comment

• The only way this trade is going to go thru is if the Raptors get a really good bargain.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

I'm not a huge fan of Durant (find him over rated and annoying for the most part) but you definately underrating his skill set. That said, i think Barnes will be as good or better so no reason to trade him for an unstable player. I'm not even sure I'd trade og (I'm a huge og fan) and Gary trent for him. I'd trade Gary and some others and picks though.
                        I'm only ok to reading for KD if we feel we can win a chip with him, to which I highly doubt.
                        KD is good, but he can't carry a team like a Kawhi.
                        Barnes is not only going to be good for us on the playing court , but also off of it.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I'm only ok to reading for KD if we feel we can win a chip with him, to which I highly doubt.
                          Barnes is not only going to be good for us on the playing court , but also off of it.
                          depending on the remaining team it could mean a a chip but not with Barnes gone.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

What do you mean KD can't carry a team like Kawhi?

I've always thought of KD as a healthy tier above Kawhi in terms of offense. He's averaged near 20 shots a game and still maintains a FG% above 51% which is outstanding. He's a work horse on offense. Kawhi on the other hand tends to breakdown any time he's asked to carry that kind of workload, he barely made it through the 2019 campaign with Toronto.

Agree with everyone saying the same thing though. No point trading for KD if there is still a question about what kind of roster we can put around him.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I've always thought of KD as a healthy tier above Kawhi in terms of offense. He's averaged near 20 shots a game and still maintains a FG% above 51% which is outstanding. He's a work horse on offense. Kawhi on the other hand tends to breakdown any time he's asked to carry that kind of workload, he barely made it through the 2019 campaign with Toronto.

Agree with everyone saying the same thing though. No point trading for KD if there is still a question about what kind of roster we can put around him.
                              uhhh not quite actually kawhi at his best was a 50/40/90 guy as well

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I mean, Kawhi carried the Raps to a championship in 2019. I know people here have short memories but he did. KD on the other hand has not shown that he can carry a team to a championship without a top 10 player(Steph) on his team.

KD had Harden, Ibaka and Westbrook in OKC and they never won anything. They came close in 2012 but LeBron and the Heat were levels above them. In 2016 they blew a 3-1 series lead to the Warriors. Not many people talk about that series and KD's performance in games 5, 6 and 7.

In the playoffs last season, KD made the Celtics defense looked like an all time, all time great defense. The same defense that Steph Curry toyed with in the finals.

So to people saying that if we get KG for 4 years, it guarantees us at least 1 chip. How do you know that? we don't have a top 10 player of all time on our team. And if we trade for him you know that Siakam + more would be going to Brooklyn.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X