The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Going to be interesting to see what Kawhi looks like when the returns from the ACL tear. He was never the quickest or most explosive guy so did the injury slow him down just enough that he's at a disadvantage? Or maybe it has no effect on him because he relied on his physicality more than speed?
    he was so methodical with his movements ... almost zero wasted energy with dribbling... used alot of his strength from his core.. I would argue perhaps his leg strength in drives may not be quite the same depending on how his rehabbing has gone. We will see

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Well, Barnes plus Trent would be the package, plus filler like Khem or something.

There is no way we do it, of course, but we'd have a killer team if we did. Favourites for the chip, IMO.
      right but who suggested Barnes was a good outgoing package.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Well, Barnes plus Trent would be the package, plus filler like Khem or something.

There is no way we do it, of course, but we'd have a killer team if we did. Favourites for the chip, IMO.
        Im not going to preach to you about salary cap but:
        Barnes, Trent, Birch -Under 32 mil
        KD: 44.1 mil
        (according to some Nets EXPECT Barnes, plus 1-2 of Siakam, OG, FVV, Plus tons of FRPs). We don't win shit with what's left (never mind potentially crippling FRPs)
        Basically have to take (I guess) Birch out & add OG or Pascal or FVV OR Nets to add somebody.
        Either way -I doubt we get out of East, never mind Clippers or GS.
        Bottom line -IMO, Barnes stays a Raptor.

Comment

• Fred/OG plus
          Fred/GTJr plus
          OG, GTJr plus

Take it or leave it. I'm settled in the leave it camp now and not giving up 3-4 firsts either.
          Durant could have SIGNED here costing us nothing but $$$ and not gutting the team, giving him a better chance at a Chip.
          Let him stew in BKN.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
            Fred/OG plus
            Fred/GTJr plus
            OG, GTJr plus

Take it or leave it. I'm settled in the leave it camp now and not giving up 3-4 firsts either.
            Durant could have SIGNED here costing us nothing but $$$ and not gutting the team, giving him a better chance at a Chip.
            Let him stew in BKN.
            I agree with the firsts as well now we lose the ability to make secondary moves without it.

Comment

Fred/OG plus
              Fred/GTJr plus
              OG, GTJr plus

Let him stew in BKN.
              I mean he signed with Kyrie and eventually traded for Harden. That was a championship team.

Kyrie is a nut case and Harden left because of it and now all the turmoil now because of it as well.

Comment

Fred/OG plus
                Fred/GTJr plus
                OG, GTJr plus

Let him stew in BKN.
                Yup.. that's all I'm willing to offer too. Pascal and Barnes are untouchables for me. And I am very careful with the draft picks I offer. Emptying the cupboards of all our draft picks would be stupid. Our front office has some of the best scouts in the entire league. Taking away all their draft picks would be so bad.

Comment

• At the end of the day:

Pascal, Scottie, OG, Fred, Gary,
                  Precious, OPJ, Bouch, Thad…

I’m super stoked to watch this team fight it out this year if things remain as is...
                  We’re in no place to feel rushed to sell the farm or make any rash moves.
                  So much room for growth, individually and as a team.
                  Everyone’s been talking about how we’re the best trade partner cause frankly, there’s a lot to like.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                    At the end of the day:

I’m super stoked to watch this team fight it out this year if things remain as is...
                    Everyone’s been talking about how we’re the best trade partner cause frankly, there’s a lot to like.
                    Also I really want to see the Raptors build a dynasty from the ground up & not be known for disgruntled superstars forced banishment destination.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Also I really want to see the Raptors build a dynasty from the ground up & not be known for disgruntled superstars forced banishment destination.
                      Underrated point.

I don't mind the Raps being 'the redeemer who scoops up superstars in the right moment when they're continually in a position to strike because they've built a stronger foundation to do so than anyone else, with a stronger culture of winning, which can not only acquire said-superstar, but translate the rare opportunity into chips.'

That said...

I like the ground up idea even better if they can make it work.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Has anyone done ground up relatively recently other than some of the Warriors championships?

Bringing in an outside star seems fairly essential to winning the chip.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Has anyone done ground up relatively recently other than some of the Warriors championships?

Bringing in an outside star seems fairly essential to winning the chip.
                          Does Jrue count as an 'outside star?'

Great player. He's obviously not a superstar though. I'd say Milwaukee have a pretty good claim for 'ground up.'

He was definitely the piece that got them over the hump though.

Comment

At the end of the day:

Still waiting for a FA shooter.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Still waiting for a FA shooter.
                              OPJ is a career 40% shooter from 3. (37% last year...)

Arguably one of the best FA shooters there was available this year.

Comment

Does Jrue count as an 'outside star?'

Great player. He's obviously not a superstar though. I'd say Milwaukee have a pretty good claim for 'ground up.'
                                To me he's a clear outside star. Without him they don't win it all, he was desperately needed.

He came to Milwaukee in his 12th season and they won that year. He put up 20 pts, 5 reb, 7 ast the few seasons before that. That's a star level player to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X