The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

OPJ is a career 40% shooter from 3. (37% last year...)

Arguably one of the best FA shooters there was available this year.
    Haha, yeah I guess he slept through the Otto Porter Jr signing.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

To me he's a clear outside star. Without him they don't win it all, he was desperately needed.

He came to Milwaukee in his 12th season and they won that year. He put up 20 pts, 5 reb, 7 ast the few seasons before that. That's a star level player to me.
      Jrue was coveted by many contenders too.
      He was really the final piece.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Does Jrue count as an 'outside star?'

Great player. He's obviously not a superstar though. I'd say Milwaukee have a pretty good claim for 'ground up.'

He was definitely the piece that got them over the hump though.
        Jrue however was a complimentary piece to Giannis.

Hopefully Barnes will be the main piece to other complimentary pieces in the future, which will also lead to actual superstars choosing willingly to sign with the Raptors but I'm not holding my breath (although there is something to be said about OPJ signing in Toronto for a bargain price after winning a championship as the 8th guy. One step at time is also a positive step).

Comment

Haha, yeah I guess he slept through the Otto Porter Jr signing.
          Well, I'm thinking more of a SG type.
          Like a Seth Curry, or Joe Harris.
          We need another one to relieve Gary, unless Fred becomes a full time SG

Comment

To me he's a clear outside star. Without him they don't win it all, he was desperately needed.

He came to Milwaukee in his 12th season and they won that year. He put up 20 pts, 5 reb, 7 ast the few seasons before that. That's a star level player to me.
            Yeah, fair enough. I guess since I consider Giannis and Khris their top two guys, I still give them enough of a homegrown label, but virtually anybody who wins a chip is gonna be upgrading where they can to get there. But yeah, Jrue is a huge piece and it worked out for them.

If the Raps' current iteration pulled it off as is now or in a few years, we'd be the first fully home grown in a good while.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

What, you've lost faith in Svi??

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

he can play 2-4 and at times small ball 5 if absolutely necessary.... but he can definitely do 2-4... Joe harris is injured a lot so unless he is coming with another person named durant no thanks... Curry is a nice pick up.

Comment

yeah basically we need a jrue level guy or that level of a move...

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

yeah basically we need a jrue level guy or that level of a move...
                    SGA might just be that guy for the Raptors.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

SGA might just be that guy for the Raptors.
                      Shai-Scottie-Pascal will be hard to stop

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I mean he signed with Kyrie and eventually traded for Harden. That was a championship team.

Kyrie is a nut case and Harden left because of it and now all the turmoil now because of it as well.
                        Oh yah, I understand why he did it, that was a great bet to make the Finals or win multiple chips. Almost wasn't fair.
                        But it would be in his mind that he would be moving to a team without FVV and GTJr for instance that he could have signed to play with and also been an Eastern conference favorite

Comment

• I would love to see some of these Canadian guys forcing their way to Toronto. It’s about time we saw that kinda love. I can’t see Shai being happy losing as much as they are.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Also I really want to see the Raptors build a dynasty from the ground up & not be known for disgruntled superstars forced banishment destination.
                            I want to see them have such a solid and winning development program, that elite players are tripping over them selves to sign here as FREE agents, ring chasers, stars recruiting stars, players wanting to play for Nurse and Masai/Webster, the whole gamut.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                              I would love to see some of these Canadian guys forcing their way to Toronto. It’s about time we saw that kinda love. I can’t see Shai being happy losing as much as they are.
                              There have been more Canadian stars and higher quality players recently, so I feel like its bound to happen at some point.

Whether its forcing out via trade or having the Raptors as one of their preferred destinations in free agency.

The better Scottie gets, the easier it will be too. In 1 season, he has embraced Toronto and the Raptors.
                              Last edited by A.I; Wed Jul 20, 2022, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

There have been more Canadian stars and higher quality players recently, so I feel like its bound to happen at some point.

Whether its forcing out via trade or having the Raptors as one of their preferred destinations in free agency.

The better Scottie gets, the easier it will be too. In 1 season, he has embraced Toronto and the Raptors.
                                likely shai is the first.

Comment

Working...
                                X