The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

What are external sources saying? Seems like we've got rumours of the excessive Nets ask and corresponding reports that the Raptors and the entire rest of the league are calling their bluff. Meaning the price will NOT be a Barnes or Pascal package, it will be a couple good pieces plus a pile of picks, if a deal is made.

Like, the last 30 pages have covered this ground pretty thoroughly. Seems like now you are arguing against a point no one here is making.
    Well I'm not surprised, the points presented here are biased RR deals.
    You have to be insane to believe that the Nets will actually bite.
    They probably learned from the Simmons experience and will wait out until they get the most favorable deal.
    If the 76ers landed a Harden, then KD can fetch much much more.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
      I actually have to say the vast majority of us are all on the same page in terms of what to give up for kd which is very interesting and we are not being overly biased and understand you will have to give something up for him but don't want to give up too much very interesting to see most of us on the same page.
      If the 76ers got a Harden for Simmons,
      and you think the Nets will not demand at least Pascal back, then you're being overly biased.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Well I'm not surprised, the points presented here are biased RR deals.
        You have to be insane to believe that the Nets will actually bite.
        They probably learned from the Simmons experience and will wait out until they get the most favorable deal.
        If the 76ers landed a Harden, then KD can fetch much much more.
        If a star specifically asks to get traded to Brooklyn, it could happen, other than that KD's value isn't getting any higher. The guy is 34.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

If a star specifically asks to get traded to Brooklyn, it could happen, other than that KD's value isn't getting any higher. The guy is 34.
          We never know.
          Harden seemed to be very excited about playing with his Brooklyn buds in the beginning.
          Anyjng can happen during the course of the season, that's why I believe KD will still be a Net come October.

34 yr old KD is still a top 5 player.

Comment

and you think the Nets will not demand at least Pascal back, then you're being overly biased.
            simmons had a significantly depressed valuation at the time.

Comment

• Limited Upside wrote: View Post

Toronto was in the #1 spot for a long time. Odds were quite high that KD would be a Raptor early on. Vegas is just adjusting to what has become obvious: asking price is too high, he's way more likely to remain a Net at this point than he is to end up in PHX or TOR (let alone MIA, which was always a Riley pipedream).
              toronto was never in the number one spot betting wise it was the suns and then it switched to the nets.

Comment

the spurs asked for more pick eequity for kawhi.. yet we held steady and only gave up one pick which would have conveyed into two seconds.

Just because you ask doesn't mean you get what you want.

Comment

We never know.
                  Harden seemed to be very excited about playing with his Brooklyn buds in the beginning.
                  Anyjng can happen during the course of the season, that's why I believe KD will still be a Net come October.

Anything could happen, but its hard to see a scenario where the Nets top 2 players asked for a trade and another star requests a trade to Brooklyn without KD or Kyrie there.

Harden wanted to go to Philly because they have Embiid who is fully committed to the Sixers.

Comment

• The slowest few days in sports you say? I guess Espn had to write something. It’s a rehash of the the last 20 big trades and how they might inform a KD trade but really it’s just a list of trades. That said, as much as I knew Masai fleeced the Knicks (part 1) in the Carmelo deal but I didn’t realize one of the picks in the trade became Jamal Murray.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-durant-future

Comment

toronto was never in the number one spot betting wise it was the suns and then it switched to the nets.
                      Indeed they were. -125 at one time, I believe.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Has anything come out suggesting that Pascal is off the table? I haven't seen that from the US Media yet. I hope it's true, I just haven't seen it mentioned.
                        I think it's just logic. The only reason to make the move is to go for the chip, so trading your all-NBA guy in such a deal makes no sense.

Reality is there has been no solid reporting on this at all re: who is available or not, outside of Scottie being off the table and the Nets asking for ridiculous things and being laughed at.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

simmons had a significantly depressed valuation at the time.
                          And it didn't matter in the end.
                          Morey still got what he wanted for him

Comment

We never know.

The most likely outcome is that the Nets hold onto KD, his value depreciates even more, and they come to regret not taking the best deal when they could, this summer.

That doesn't change that it is the most likely outcome. It's just still the wrong move.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Limited Upside wrote: View Post

Indeed they were. -125 at one time, I believe.
                              I think that was on a bet with the condition Durant was traded, ie, the Nets were not on the betting list at all. The full league odds lists always had us 2nd or lower, to this point.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Anything could happen, but its hard to see a scenario where the Nets top 2 players asked for a trade and another star requests a trade to Brooklyn without KD or Kyrie there.

Harden wanted to go to Philly because they have Embiid who is fully committed to the Sixers.
                                Harden asked to be traded in January, when things started to go south with the Nets.

Comment

Working...
                                X