No announcement yet.

The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nets could just start the season as is and maybe they go 8-2 to start and buy in to the idea of staying

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Simmons isn't a super star and his stock was really low as well at the time of the trade. Based on Joe Tsai's comments he wants players that work hard even if they only get 40-42 wins.

Either way I'm feeling like they would want Pascal from the Raptors, and an OG/Gary or OG/Fred package would be too lite for them. And maybe Masai goes ahead with that anyway. It's again all up to KD and how much pressure he puts on Brooklyn when the season is about to start up again.
      True about Simmons but again they had KD and Kyrie and they probably thought that was enough and if Simmons ever played it would put them over the top.

No way they are getting Pascal from the Raps so this may drag on into the season.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

True about Simmons but again they had KD and Kyrie and they probably thought that was enough and if Simmons ever played it would put them over the top.

No way they are getting Pascal from the Raps so this may drag on into the season.
        I don't see any team willingly trading an all star for a 34 year old KD, because you need to pair at that all star with KD to contend.

Unless of course a star asks to get traded to Brooklyn, but if KD is going back in that trade, its pretty unlikely a star will want to go to Brooklyn with no KD there.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
          Nets could just start the season as is and maybe they go 8-2 to start and buy in to the idea of staying
          This is what's probably going to happen. KD/Kyrie kiss & make-up with Nets owner. Also... redemption season for Ben Simmons.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I don't see any team willingly trading an all star for a 34 year old KD, because you need to pair at that all star with KD to contend.

Unless of course a star asks to get traded to Brooklyn, but if KD is going back in that trade, its pretty unlikely a star will want to go to Brooklyn with no KD there.
            which goes back to my point earlier... if KD wants out he wants out... they can't try to make it work

Comment

• Have to think the Durant offers are no where near the expectations of Sean Marks as he trawls the league for suitors who are loaded with picks and prospects. While its optimal to trade Durant now its not a requirement. Durant after all is under contract and very well could start the season in Brooklyn. Durant is a pro. He will play.
              Durant and SImmons and Irving and a healthy Joe Harris and Seth Curry might even all play their way to big dog in the eastern conference.
              Who doesn't love a comeback story. ?
              The NBA. Part Wrestling. Part Soap Opera. Part petty high school rivalries. The offseason is better than the on the court season.
              Nothing like it.

All to say.. is the Durant trade dead ?

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Have to think the Durant offers are no where near the expectations of Sean Marks as he trawls the league for suitors who are loaded with picks and prospects. While its optimal to trade Durant now its not a requirement. Durant after all is under contract and very well could start the season in Brooklyn. Durant is a pro. He will play.
                Durant and SImmons and Irving and a healthy Joe Harris and Seth Curry might even all play their way to big dog in the eastern conference.
                Who doesn't love a comeback story. ?
                The NBA. Part Wrestling. Part Soap Opera. Part petty high school rivalries. The offseason is better than the on the court season.
                Nothing like it.

if its dead I don't want to see the success I want to see them fall because it will be epic.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I agree, I just don't see the Nets getting a star for KD plus the rest of the package being asked. I would speculate Brooklyn will switch to plan B and try to get some young prospects and picks instead and try to assemble a team similar to Indiana, Charlotte or Memphis (before they got really good). Young players, scrappy, and on rookie type deals. That may work against the Raps offer as well if it's Trent and OG.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

It's taking a break.

However I expect things to heat up again before training camp especially if Durant is mulling to pull a Ben Simmons. Marks will have to lower the asking price and he knows it.

If the price is still too low for Marks, he might just play this out and suspend KD and wait until the trade deadline where a desperate team who is looking to go all the way will meet him half way and cave to some of his demands.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

It's taking a break.

However I expect things to heat up again before training camp especially if Durant is mulling to pull a Ben Simmons. Marks will have to lower the asking price and he knows it.

If the price is still too low for Marks, he might just play this out and suspend KD and wait until the trade deadline where a desperate team who is looking to go all the way will meet him half way and cave to some of his demands.
                      Yeah, training camp will be telling. If KD refuses to report or is a malcontent then the trade heats up again.

Could just as easily say him, Kyrie, and Simmons all talked and they're gonna give it a shot this year and go from there.

I think after training camp we'll have a really good idea if KD is gonna be traded or not.

Comment

I agree, I just don't see the Nets getting a star for KD plus the rest of the package being asked. I would speculate Brooklyn will switch to plan B and try to get some young prospects and picks instead and try to assemble a team similar to Indiana, Charlotte or Memphis (before they got really good). Young players, scrappy, and on rookie type deals. That may work against the Raps offer as well if it's Trent and OG.
                        based on the comments of joe tsai yes

Comment

Trent and OG are young and scrappy, potential future all stars, just not on rookie deals. If Nets want to go young they fit great, especially with Simmons. If they get picks in the deal I don't think they'll be worried about fitting Trent and OG within their cap space. Sending out KD and Kyrie makes a ton of room for them.

Comment

• The trick will be finding a team with cap space and prospects and picks that want to trade all of that for KD. With his age, you basically have to pick a team that will be chip favourites after the move - not many teams like that with cap room and an excess of prospects. Why would, say, the OKC Thunder trade for him? To what end?
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              The trick will be finding a team with cap space and prospects and picks that want to trade all of that for KD. With his age, you basically have to pick a team that will be chip favourites after the move - not many teams like that with cap room and an excess of prospects. Why would, say, the OKC Thunder trade for him? To what end?
                              What about a team like Portland? They've got a bunch of young prospects though I'm not sure if they have all their picks.

Comment

What about a team like Portland? They've got a bunch of young prospects though I'm not sure if they have all their picks.
                                They've got Simons as a young prospect. The draft picks have done zero so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X