The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

What about a team like Portland? They've got a bunch of young prospects though I'm not sure if they have all their picks.
    Portland would likely need to wait until January to make a trade. Even then they'd need to send a lot of salary back to the Nets, as Portland is hard capped this year and already close to the hard cap. They also owe their 2023 pick to Chicago, with protections, so are limited in future picks that can be outgoing.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

They've got Simons as a young prospect. The draft picks have done zero so far.
      Sharpe is a lottery pick and they won the summer league so must have a couple other good looking prospects. Josh Hart is another interesting player for a package. Portland is my dark horse for landing KD.

Comment

Sharpe is a lottery pick and they won the summer league so must have a couple other good looking prospects. Josh Hart is another interesting player for a package. Portland is my dark horse for landing KD.
        sharpe is a draft pick who has shown zero ... didn't play college and has only played in high school and in the small amount of summer league he showed he didn't show much... just showed how raw I expected him to be... he is basically going to be a kuminga level project and he doesn't have a lot of defensive upside because of his style of play... tends to be lazy on that end at least in high school he was..... so you think what thehy trade Josh Hart and a completely unproven guy who also just had a serious shoulder injury who hasn't played in a LONG time..... and who else do they have beyond that... what keon johnson? They won't trade Grant they just got grant... but even if they did he is majorly injury prone.

how are they beating torontos offer?

also as Dan outlined they have no control over their pick until they convey it to chicago unless they negotiate with chicago to release that.

we need to stop saying oh this guy has value because he was a lottery pick and actually look at the on court production. Ppl have been saying that about wiseman for two years now.. dude looks very very offensively raw in terms of ball IQ HE WAS A SECOND OVERALL PICK....

you know who else was a 3rd overall pick? OPJ!..... People used the same nonsense with Simmons. Look I am not saying Sharpe is or is not a bust but he is a complete and total unknown with not much recent game tape to show for.... I don't think he is really tipping the scales if I am being honest.

Memphis would need to trade Ja to really outbid others.. I suppose they could toss in JJJ but JJJ has DPOY potential but is very injury prone thus far.. has had only 1 year where he played above 55 games (this year) ... and required major leg surgery right after the playoffs.....
        Games Played:

Y1: 58
        Y2: 57
        Y3: 11
        Y4: 78

and again just under went surgery taking him out for 4-6 months starting at the beginning of July when he had the surgery.
        All reports are Memphis is happy with their youth and want maintain their current future windows rather than shorten it and accelerate it.

Charlotte.... has nothing of value that works for the Nets. PJ Washington is interesting but isn't enough on his own and it sounds like they are not super high on him anyway considering he is always in rumors or was this year. Rozier maybe.... maybe before the free agency period you would have said bridges... now lol nope.

Montrez.... is he released from jail on the weed charge? He was a free agent anyways but yeah. Hayward helps you to get to salary numbers but ... yeah come on now. Lamelo for them would be the equivalent of us trading Barnes.

Not many great suitors ... charlotte also has DENVER's first rounder this year not their own. They do have extra seconds.
        Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Sun Jul 24, 2022, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Hart is under contact for a year. He's not nearly as good a prospect as OG or Trent. The Portland package is all hopes and dreams no proven players. Hence why no one considers them in the mix.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Why would, say, the OKC Thunder trade for him? To what end?
            To get the Lebron James arc Cavs Redemption.

Of course a third team needs to be involved But Shai needs to stay and one of Giddy or Chet will be going the other way.

Its complicated but not impossible:

PG-Shai
            G- Dort
            SF-Durant
            PF-Bazley
            C- Chet

With so many picks (they got 15 first round picks till 2027), the asking price for players are going to be lower.

So 2nd round exit team just like Brooklyn lol

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Of course a third team needs to be involved But Shai needs to stay and one of Giddy or Chet will be going the other way.

PG-Shai
              G- Dort
              SF-Durant
              PF-Bazley
              C- Chet

With so many picks (they got 15 first round picks till 2027), the asking price for players are going to be lower.

I don't know if they would make the second round honestly.. like with Durant lets say they get into the 6th or 5th seed at best... Are they good enough to beat one of the Warriors, Memphis, Pelicans at full strength, Nuggets, or the Clippers? I don't know. They could even be taken out in the first round.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

PG-Shai
                G- Dort
                SF-Durant
                PF-Bazley
                C- Chet

So what you are saying is they absolutely wouldn't do this. They'd spend their assets on another young star if they get a chance.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• So Shams wrote that the Celtics offered Brown, White + a draft pick for KD. The Nets rejected it and countered with Brown, Smart, another roster player and draft picks.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

sharpe is a draft pick who has shown zero ... didn't play college and has only played in high school and in the small amount of summer league he showed he didn't show much... just showed how raw I expected him to be... he is basically going to be a kuminga level project and he doesn't have a lot of defensive upside because of his style of play... tends to be lazy on that end at least in high school he was..... so you think what thehy trade Josh Hart and a completely unproven guy who also just had a serious shoulder injury who hasn't played in a LONG time..... and who else do they have beyond that... what keon johnson? They won't trade Grant they just got grant... but even if they did he is majorly injury prone.

how are they beating torontos offer?

also as Dan outlined they have no control over their pick until they convey it to chicago unless they negotiate with chicago to release that.

we need to stop saying oh this guy has value because he was a lottery pick and actually look at the on court production. Ppl have been saying that about wiseman for two years now.. dude looks very very offensively raw in terms of ball IQ HE WAS A SECOND OVERALL PICK....

you know who else was a 3rd overall pick? OPJ!..... People used the same nonsense with Simmons. Look I am not saying Sharpe is or is not a bust but he is a complete and total unknown with not much recent game tape to show for.... I don't think he is really tipping the scales if I am being honest.

Memphis would need to trade Ja to really outbid others.. I suppose they could toss in JJJ but JJJ has DPOY potential but is very injury prone thus far.. has had only 1 year where he played above 55 games (this year) ... and required major leg surgery right after the playoffs.....
                    Games Played:

Y1: 58
                    Y2: 57
                    Y3: 11
                    Y4: 78

and again just under went surgery taking him out for 4-6 months starting at the beginning of July when he had the surgery.
                    All reports are Memphis is happy with their youth and want maintain their current future windows rather than shorten it and accelerate it.

Charlotte.... has nothing of value that works for the Nets. PJ Washington is interesting but isn't enough on his own and it sounds like they are not super high on him anyway considering he is always in rumors or was this year. Rozier maybe.... maybe before the free agency period you would have said bridges... now lol nope.

Montrez.... is he released from jail on the weed charge? He was a free agent anyways but yeah. Hayward helps you to get to salary numbers but ... yeah come on now. Lamelo for them would be the equivalent of us trading Barnes.

Not many great suitors ... charlotte also has DENVER's first rounder this year not their own. They do have extra seconds.
                    That's why they call them prospects, isn't it?

They've got Simmons, Hart, Sharpe, Kamagate, Walker etc. which they could offer as a package of young prospects IF the Nets pivot from wanting All stars (which nobody is offering). They would have to be resigned to no longer be competing for a championship and starting over, but it would be a quick rebuild if they can get a bunch of young prospects and some lottery picks for KD/Kyrie and I imagine eventually Simmons.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Hart is under contact for a year. He's not nearly as good a prospect as OG or Trent. The Portland package is all hopes and dreams no proven players. Hence why no one considers them in the mix.
                      I realize Hart isn't as good of a prospect as OG or Trent, but I'm talking about Nets pivoting from trying to win a championship to starting over. Why would they want guys that are coming due for big paydays in that circumstance? I'd imagine they want guys on rookie deals.

Comment

That's why they call them prospects, isn't it?

They've got Simmons, Hart, Sharpe, Kamagate, Walker etc. which they could offer as a package of young prospects IF the Nets pivot from wanting All stars (which nobody is offering). They would have to be resigned to no longer be competing for a championship and starting over, but it would be a quick rebuild if they can get a bunch of young prospects and some lottery picks for KD/Kyrie and I imagine eventually Simmons.
                        I mean Barnes is still a prospect .... OG is still a prospect... my point is Sharpe has literally shown NOTHING.
                        Simons is interesting but he just signed a deal so he can't be added for some time. Joe Tsai th owner has said he would rather have a 44 win team that has heart and works for the team over what he has so only Marks is asking for all stars. I just don't think the nets can afford to have that long of a rebuild given their lack of own pick control.

No matter what they aren't competing for a chip but yes trading anyone for KD will do that even more. They also aren't getting lottery picks either.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                          So Shams wrote that the Celtics offered Brown, White + a draft pick for KD. The Nets rejected it and countered with Brown, Smart, another roster player and draft picks.
                          It's similar to if the Raps were going to offer Siakam. They'd be looking to send very limited draft assets in that case too.

The Nets may need to decide between a high end current talent OR a big pick package if they end up moving KD. And who knows which way they go if they can't have the best of both worlds.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I realize Hart isn't as good of a prospect as OG or Trent, but I'm talking about Nets pivoting from trying to win a championship to starting over. Why would they want guys that are coming due for big paydays in that circumstance? I'd imagine they want guys on rookie deals.
                            I don't think the Nets want to bottom out. I don't think big paydays bother the Nets, they just want to bring in as much talent as possible right away. Plus of course all the pick capital they can get.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              So Shams wrote that the Celtics offered Brown, White + a draft pick for KD. The Nets rejected it and countered with Brown, Smart, another roster player and draft picks.
                              https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...t-trade-talks/

SO neither "expert" heard the same thing....

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I don't think the Nets want to bottom out. I don't think big paydays bother the Nets, they just want to bring in as much talent as possible right away. Plus of course all the pick capital they can get.
                                they can't afford to

Comment

Working...
                                X