The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post

There's a WSJ article that explains all the various NDAs they uncovered and some more stuff about the payments having some impact on their financials. It's pretty fascinating even if you're not a wrestling guy.

Dude survived the steroid trial, Owen Hart dying, Chris Benoit killing his family and in the end it was the fact he couldn't keep it in his pants that retired him. Lesson in there....
    Billionaire, 76 years old, leaves company still in his families hands. Likely can now sell stock without reporting.
    What lesson did he learn?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Billionaire, 76 years old, leaves company still in his families hands. Likely can now sell stock without reporting.
      Lots of dark things happen at the circus behind closed doors.

We don't even know half of it.

Should have happened 10 years ago.

Lot's of skeletons remained in the closet and lots of NDA's signed.

Maybe the industry is in better hands now but I still got a feeling Vince is pulling a kayfabe and will have some creative control behind the scenes. The man simply cannot retire fully from the business and in wrestling you never really do.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Lots of dark things happen at the circus behind closed doors.

We don't even know half of it.

Should have happened 10 years ago.

Lot's of skeletons remained in the closet and lots of NDA's signed.

Maybe the industry is in better hands now but I still got a feeling Vince is pulling a kayfabe and will have some creative control behind the scenes. The man simply cannot retire fully from the business and in wrestling you never really do.
        I think that's a fairly safe bet. Daughter running the show now with her husband, both been involved for years.

Comment

I think that's a fairly safe bet. Daughter running the show now with her husband, both been involved for years.
          Both know the industry dirty little secrets. Both did things to protect the business and muzzle people up.

Comment

Lesson for non-billionaires who might not be so lucky. Also, Vince doesn’t care about the money. All he cared about was being the booker and he can’t do that anymore. I’d guess that hurts him more than anything possibly could.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Lesson for non-billionaires who might not be so lucky. Also, Vince doesn’t care about the money. All he cared about was being the booker and he can’t do that anymore. I’d guess that hurts him more than anything possibly could.
              He's retiring as CEO and chairman. Pretty sure once this blows over he can start taking part again without resuming those titles.

Comment

• Comment

• Either KD doubles down and the Nets have to trade him this off-season, KD still keeps his trade request but is willing to wait until the Nets get a good offer or he agrees to stay.

Although speaking to Joe Tsai is interesting. Reports were Joe Tsai wants to get rid of both him and Kyrie. KD also went to Joe Tsai to request a trade.

Comment

• Damn..I'm still a Brooklyn Net.
                    Bad Times...
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• What a sh!t show. Didn't KD ask for Nash to be his coach?

Comment

• Well guess the trade discussions are back.

I suppose they could keep him and let him suffer but that would be a bad look for the organization, so its either they trade him for lower than their original asking price or listen to his demands and fire their coach and GM. I don't see Joe Tsai listening and firing Sean Marks.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          Well guess the trade discussions are back.

I suppose they could keep him and let him suffer but that would be a bad look for the organization, so its either they trade him for lower than their original asking price or listen to his demands and fire their coach and GM. I don't see Joe Tsai listening and firing Sean Marks.
                          It's not just keeping Durrant, it would be keeping Durrant and Kyrie, which if it works is kind of a big deal for the Nets.

Definitely hate the idea of giving into player demands, but it's all about money at the end of the day and Tsai stands to lose a lot of it if Nets hit the reset button by trading Durrant.

Comment

• Looks like Marks has to call Masai again after he stopped talking to him cause he didn't like the initial return for KD:

Comment

• i don't think i'm interested in a player who would make this kind of ultimatum. i don't think there's precedent for this level of power play.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
                                i don't think i'm interested in a player who would make this kind of ultimatum. i don't think there's precedent for this level of power play.
                                Yeah it's BS. Sean Mark's has done a great job there, at least until they landed Durant. Dude did a magnificent job of rebuilding that team after that ridiculous trade with Boston.

Comment

Working...
                                X