Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Yeah it's BS. Sean Mark's has done a great job there, at least until they landed Durant. Dude did a magnificent job of rebuilding that team after that ridiculous trade with Boston.
      I don't think its personal with Marks or Nash but its a power move by KD telling them he REALLY WANTS OUT and there is no going back.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
        i don't think i'm interested in a player who would make this kind of ultimatum. i don't think there's precedent for this level of power play.
        Superstars are flexing their power all the time (Kawhi, Lebron... even Giannis to some extent); but they are just a whole lot more smooth and discreet with it than KD & Kyrie have been doing. They let the convos and disagreements play out behind the scenes with few leaks.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I don't think its personal with Marks or Nash but its a power move by KD telling them he REALLY WANTS OUT and there is no going back.
          I think it is 100% personal. KD is willing to die on the hill of backing Kyrie. Nash obviously hates Kyrie and Marks wouldn't sign him to the 3/4 year long-term deal he wanted. KD wants them punished for that. He's pissed that the franchise denied him the Lebron-like power to force them to sign Kyrie, like they signed DeAndre Jordan and made them get rid of Jarrett Allen (future All-Star, lol) to sign Harden.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

It's shitty the whole world knows his demands. Durant would have never went to BKN if it wasn't for Marks, even if Marks had nothing to directly do with his signing there. Throwing him under the bus when that team goes from having no players or picks to speak of, to being in position to get Durant, kyrie and harden together is just a bad look IMO. He's been a brilliant GM IMO. Durant should let him do his job.

Comment

• If I'm the Nets owner I'm firing Marks and Nash.

Nash is not a good coach so addition by subtraction. Marks is meh as a GM, made some good moves but has totally botched the relationship with his stars. He's easily replaced.

Then you have a motivated KD and Kyrie playing hard this season. They still have enough talent to win it all if Simmons plays.

That is their best outcome by far.

Comment

• https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/23...-mMCikP18sVe5Y

important tidbits

Brooklyn Nets superstar Kevin Durant told team owner Joe Tsai that he will continue to request a trade from the franchise unless head coach Steve Nash and general manager Sean Marks are fired, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania.

The Raptors, Celtics, and Miami Heat are seen as the most likely trade destinations for Durant, sources told Charania.

The Nets aim to take "every last asset" from their trade partner in any deal for Durant, according to Charania.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

patience is key here

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Superstars are flexing their power all the time (Kawhi, Lebron... even Giannis to some extent); but they are just a whole lot more smooth and discreet with it than KD & Kyrie have been doing. They let the convos and disagreements play out behind the scenes with few leaks.
                    i know superstars exert a lot of control over their franchises all the time but i can't recall this level of flex. he's basically saying they need to clean house with their front office and coaching staff or trade him for pennies on the dollar. lebron, magic, etc. have got their coaches fired but no one's ever held their franchise hostage to this degree that i can recall

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      If I'm the Nets owner I'm firing Marks and Nash.

Nash is not a good coach so addition by subtraction. Marks is meh as a GM, made some good moves but has totally botched the relationship with his stars. He's easily replaced.

Then you have a motivated KD and Kyrie playing hard this season. They still have enough talent to win it all if Simmons plays.

Not many gms can go from having almost no assets to having 3 of the top 5 scorers in the league in the time that Marks did. He made some really smart moves to put that team in the position it was in to get those stars. The mistake he made was listening to KD, if indeed he did. Should have left kyrie and harden where they were and let those younger guys grow and support Durant. That team has no chance at winning anything regardless of who is GM or coach. Bunch of divas and pre-madonnas.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        If I'm the Nets owner I'm firing Marks and Nash.

Seems like repeating the same mistakes they just made.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

It's shitty the whole world knows his demands. Durant would have never went to BKN if it wasn't for Marks, even if Marks had nothing to directly do with his signing there. Throwing him under the bus when that team goes from having no players or picks to speak of, to being in position to get Durant, kyrie and harden together is just a bad look IMO. He's been a brilliant GM IMO. Durant should let him do his job.
                          Its also a warning to any other team with a shaky management not to get involved with Durant who probably lowered his trade value even more with those demands. Durant cannot pull that crap in Toronto if he was here (I want Masai and Nurse fired lol that isn't going to fly here but in Brooklyn some fans would wonder if that might not be the right play but in Toronto it would be 99% fan management backing especially if they keep Barnes and most of the core intact in a subsequent trade.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

There's that and there's also the fact that those guys deliver - they all have track records of winning titles. Durant's track record outside of GSW (where he had little say, if any) doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                              The Nets aim to take "every last asset" from their trade partner in any deal for Durant, according to Charania.

Well if that is the case, then I could see the Heat becoming a legit option because Riley's a madman. I could see him breaking up his whole team just to trade for a superstar. I don't see the Raps or the Celtics doing that though.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

There's that and there's also the fact that those guys deliver - they all have track records of winning titles. Durant's track record outside of GSW (where he had little say, if any) doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
                                Oh for sure. Even KD’s track record in GSW winning chips is now in tatters: “we replaced you with Wiggins and still won”. Lol. They didn’t need KD, but he did make it a lot easier.

And they won this year with a core that’s 3 years older and post injuries.

Comment

Working...
                                X