The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

The real question is what the Nets are after. If they value current players way more than picks, the pick value might not swing much. But maybe they desire a big pick package a lot, in which case the picks could really swing things. And then there's the question of upside, contract certainty, fit, etc. Very hard to parse. On the face of it, I'd think FVV+Trent would require more picks, maybe all the picks, to beat a Brown offer. But who knows?
    I dont really want to give up more than 3 picks after thinking about this more if that means the deal doesn't get done thats fine.. you need picks for secondary moves down the line

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I guess it depends how KD looks this year. And what the price is next year...
      of course but assuming the price comes down but ever so slightly it will now be a 35 year old even if he has an amazing season.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I dont really want to give up more than 3 picks after thinking about this more if that means the deal doesn't get done thats fine.. you need picks for secondary moves down the line
        I'd still go the full boatload if the remaining team is good enough (ie only one of Fred or OG alongside Trent going out).
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• So how will this situation with KD play out? I don't see him playing for the Nets now especially after Tsai's tweet.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            So how will this situation with KD play out? I don't see him playing for the Nets now especially after Tsai's tweet.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The conspiracy guy in my says KD is working with Nash . I think Nash wants out of this gong show
              but if he leaves he won't get his dough but if KD wants him gone then he will be fired and get
              to collect the rest of his contract .. KD and Nash are friends ... Seems hard to believe he wants
              to get rid of the guy he wanted to coach .

Comment

• Tsai, Marks and the Nets might see the second coming of a Wince Carter situation.

They call KD's bluff, the league makes him play (by fines and what not).

KD dogs it and they get penny's on the dollar. Worse yet he gets hurt.

Best move is give him what he wants. Trade him. Move on. You will not be able to get a kings ransom, but you will still be alright. Try to play tough guy and I see them getting burned. Bad!

Until the CBA changes; and it has a clause that allows teams to withhold money from a deal if a player doesn't play or demands a trade, the power is still in the hands of the players (especially star players).

Trent, OG, 1-3 draft picks, + filler would be my offer.

If that gets beat; cool.

If they take it, that would be a lineup that I would risk giving up the assets for.

FVV, Barnes, KD, Siakam, Precious
                Potter, Thad, Boucher, Koloko, Banton, Hermangomez, etc

Comment

• The more and more I think about this.. the more I suspect that Pascal is the main piece that Toronto is dangling in any trade. I don't think it's a Trent package because Trent will be a UFA. I don't think it will be OG because he's still a 4th/5th option on this team, and they are looking for stars. And I don't think it's a big pick package because we have Tolzman and he's one of the best draft scouts in the league.

And Pascal has been dangled a lot the past couple of seasons.

Personally I'm a no go on trading Pascal but I think that's where this is heading. If KD ends up on a different team, at least I like that Toronto is hanging in there to keep the market sort of hot for KD. The teams that are interested are all direct competitors. Best to get those competitors to empty their cupboards as much as possible to hurt their respective futures.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    The more and more I think about this.. the more I suspect that Pascal is the main piece that Toronto is dangling in any trade. I don't think it's a Trent package because Trent will be a UFA. I don't think it will be OG because he's still a 4th/5th option on this team, and they are looking for stars. And I don't think it's a big pick package because we have Tolzman and he's one of the best draft scouts in the league.

Personally I'm a no go on trading Pascal but I think that's where this is heading. If KD ends up on a different team, at least I like that Toronto is hanging in there to keep the market sort of hot for KD. The teams that are interested are all direct competitors. Best to get those competitors to empty their cupboards as much as possible to hurt their respective futures.

I have a hard time seeing them offering Pascal in this trade. It just puts way too much pressure KD to score as well as defend. After KD, Fred would be the next in line to score and he can't be the 2nd option on a championship team.

As others have noted the offer needs to be Trent and OG with picks to have the best shot at a championship. I could see Barnes and one of Trent and OG as well, but with less of a pick package. Would certainly be a bitter pill to swallow trading Barnes though.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I have a hard time seeing them offering Pascal in this trade. It just puts way too much pressure KD to score as well as defend. After KD, Fred would be the next in line to score and he can't be the 2nd option on a championship team.

As others have noted the offer needs to be Trent and OG with picks to have the best shot at a championship. I could see Barnes and one of Trent and OG as well, but with less of a pick package. Would certainly be a bitter pill to swallow trading Barnes though.
                      I agree.. I don't personally trade Pascal. But I think he's the guy they move if we make a deal. Our best offer is frankly not that great. OG/Trent is kind a crappy package, especially since Trent is a UFA at the end of the year.

Plus now that we know Brown was offered by the Celtics.. we can only beat that with Pascal outgoing.

Comment

I agree.. I don't personally trade Pascal. But I think he's the guy they move if we make a deal. Our best offer is frankly not that great. OG/Trent is kind a crappy package, especially since Trent is a UFA at the end of the year.

Plus now that we know Brown was offered by the Celtics.. we can only beat that with Pascal outgoing.
                        Trent will be a UFA but super easy to resign and they'll have space to do so. I don't think that knocks his value in a trade. OG is a steal of a contract for 2 seasons, and he will also be easy to resign after that.

Brown is definitely more valuable than Trent and OG, but that's where picks come in. If we do 4 picks and Boston does 1, is that enough?

I won't be upset if Celtics get him for Brown and Smart, that's a strong offer I wouldn't want us to beat.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                          Tsai, Marks and the Nets might see the second coming of a Wince Carter situation.

They call KD's bluff, the league makes him play (by fines and what not).

KD dogs it and they get penny's on the dollar. Worse yet he gets hurt.

Best move is give him what he wants. Trade him. Move on. You will not be able to get a kings ransom, but you will still be alright. Try to play tough guy and I see them getting burned. Bad!

Until the CBA changes; and it has a clause that allows teams to withhold money from a deal if a player doesn't play or demands a trade, the power is still in the hands of the players (especially star players).

Trent, OG, 1-3 draft picks, + filler would be my offer.

If that gets beat; cool.

If they take it, that would be a lineup that I would risk giving up the assets for.

FVV, Barnes, KD, Siakam, Precious
                          Potter, Thad, Boucher, Koloko, Banton, Hermangomez, etc
                          KD will dog it he will not sit.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Trent will be a UFA but super easy to resign and they'll have space to do so. I don't think that knocks his value in a trade. OG is a steal of a contract for 2 seasons, and he will also be easy to resign after that.

Brown is definitely more valuable than Trent and OG, but that's where picks come in. If we do 4 picks and Boston does 1, is that enough?

I won't be upset if Celtics get him for Brown and Smart, that's a strong offer I wouldn't want us to beat.
                            also many people forget that with trent you also get his bird rights

Comment

The more and more I think about this.. the more I suspect that Pascal is the main piece that Toronto is dangling in any trade. I don't think it's a Trent package because Trent will be a UFA. I don't think it will be OG because he's still a 4th/5th option on this team, and they are looking for stars. And I don't think it's a big pick package because we have Tolzman and he's one of the best draft scouts in the league.

I doubt Pascal has been dangled at all. Asked after, sure. And I'm sure the Nets would ask.

But I'd be astonished if the Raps were pursuing a Siakam trade. He and Barnes seem like the two pieces that they'd be holding onto the tightest in any KD trade.

I doubt pending FA scares the Nets much, they have the pocketbooks to pay guys to stay.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

KD will dog it he will not sit.
                                I don't think we should assume anything about what Durant will or won't do. But even if he plays well the environment will be so poisoned and uncomfortable that something will have to give eventually. You can only manage unhappy star performers for so long in any business setting and this is no different. Once he put one foot out the door with the trade request everything else was only a matter of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X