• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ash-Sean-Marks

more trouble in paradise

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I doubt Pascal has been dangled at all. Asked after, sure. And I'm sure the Nets would ask.

But I'd be astonished if the Raps were pursuing a Siakam trade. He and Barnes seem like the two pieces that they'd be holding onto the tightest in any KD trade.

I doubt pending FA scares the Nets much, they have the pocketbooks to pay guys to stay.
      I mean I would hope that the guy who runs the equivalent of asian amazon could afford it

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
        At this point Marks reputation is going to take a big hit for a while.

If you are the GM you better make sure the pieces you bring in work. Now the pieces are calling you out and you are probably going to get 50 cents on the dollar for the value in trading these two clowns which means its going to look bad either way. It's hard to see how Marks recovers in the short term. Nash on other hand is probably way over his head dealing with superstars on his team and should have started out as an assistant coach or at least coached a young team.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I agree.. I don't personally trade Pascal. But I think he's the guy they move if we make a deal. Our best offer is frankly not that great. OG/Trent is kind a crappy package, especially since Trent is a UFA at the end of the year.

Plus now that we know Brown was offered by the Celtics.. we can only beat that with Pascal outgoing.
          I dunno about OG/Trent being a crappy package. If Tsai really wants to compete I think surrounding Simmons with shooters like OG and Trent might be interesting. I'd place that trio over a team like the Knicks and if they can flip Kyrie for a good player(s) then Nets are in the conversation for a playoff spot. Brown is the better individual player for sure though.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

At this point Marks reputation is going to take a big hit for a while.

If you are the GM you better make sure the pieces you bring in work. Now the pieces are calling you out and you are probably going to get 50 cents on the dollar for the value in trading these two clowns which means its going to look bad either way. It's hard to see how Marks recovers in the short term. Nash on other hand is probably way over his head dealing with superstars on his team and should have started out as an assistant coach or at least coached a young team.

I think they messed up by not having a good playmaker a long time ago... they did try to fix that with Harden but.... lets be honest.... harden got annoyed and said ... I am good. They also dealt with injuries to significant players on their roster like Joe Harris. Joe Harris could have made a difference against bucks had he played.

Comment

• Nets could have won at least one chip with that lineup if
              Everyone was healthy
              and
              Covid didn't happen

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                Nets could have won at least one chip with that lineup if
                Everyone was healthy
                and
                Covid didn't happen
                i dont know if everyone would have been healthy though... so that alone is a big what if

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I have a hard time seeing them offering Pascal in this trade. It just puts way too much pressure KD to score as well as defend. After KD, Fred would be the next in line to score and he can't be the 2nd option on a championship team.

As others have noted the offer needs to be Trent and OG with picks to have the best shot at a championship. I could see Barnes and one of Trent and OG as well, but with less of a pick package. Would certainly be a bitter pill to swallow trading Barnes though.
                  What's more than 100%?
                  Because that's how much I can guarantee you that Barnes won't get traded....
                  I highly doubt Pascal either.
                  I could see a combination of 2 FVV, GTJr and OG and picks but I'm leaning against it at all now. It's true Masai will stay in the conversation until the end, to extract the most damage out of Boston or Miami though

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

What's more than 100%?
                    101%
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• interesting to hear the media shift

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                        interesting to hear the media shift
                        Bobby Marks listed the trade some of us said was the most optimal trade as well lol.

If the most realistic option is indeed OG, Gary, Thad and 4 picks, I'd do it.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Bobby Marks listed the trade some of us said was the most optimal trade as well lol.

No brainer imo.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

I'm sure KD would love the idea of facing the Warriors in the Finals,
                            this time with the Raptors.

Comment

Can we all agree if that idiot gm from Timberwolves didn't do the deal for golbert.
                              KD would of been a raptor already.
                              I mean..common..
                              Og, Trent, Thad and 4 1st rd picks...damn..
                              That's a pretty good haul, if that is on the table..than Nets Gm is bigger idiot than Minny GM..
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

101%
                                Even athletes can't give that. It's either 100 or 110%

Comment

Working...
                                X