No announcement yet.

The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masai has shown the ability to handle stars and egos. He handled Kyle on 2 occasions. Kyle butted heads with Casey early in his Raptors tenure, I believe it was Masai and Billups that talked to him and Kyle eventually matured and became who he is today. Second one was after trading DeMar, their relationship wasn't good then, but they worked through it.

Kawhi got traded here with question marks of whether he'll suit up for the Raptors or not, he did and gave it his all as he limped his way to a championship. Masai definitely had a hand that.

People respect him around the league. Thats also something you have set standards whenever new players or staff come to the team. Sean Marks gave KD and Kyrie whatever they wanted the minutes they got to Brooklyn and only recently did he try putting his foot down during Kyrie's contract negotiations and whatever happened with KD.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      Masai has shown the ability to handle stars and egos. He handled Kyle on 2 occasions. Kyle butted heads with Casey early in his Raptors tenure, I believe it was Masai and Billups that talked to him and Kyle eventually matured and became who he is today. Second one was after trading DeMar, their relationship wasn't good then, but they worked through it.

Kawhi got traded here with question marks of whether he'll suit up for the Raptors or not, he did and gave it his all as he limped his way to a championship. Masai definitely had a hand that.

People respect him around the league. Thats also something you have set standards whenever new players or staff come to the team. Sean Marks gave KD and Kyrie whatever they wanted the minutes they got to Brooklyn and only recently did he try putting his foot down during Kyrie's contract negotiations and whatever happened with KD.
      I was talking about this with a friend. I have no worries about KD the personality.

But I think some people want KD so badly that they are suggesting that masai would/should give up 4 picks AND FVV+OG ... and to me... that is WAY too much.

Comment

• Tim MacMahon: An executive who I respect said he would give up Scottie Barnes for KD -- not for Donovan Mitchell but for KD.

Lol.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          Tim MacMahon: An executive who I respect said he would give up Scottie Barnes for KD -- not for Donovan Mitchell but for KD.

Lol.
          Sean Marks thinks he is slick.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I was talking about this with a friend. I have no worries about KD the personality.

But I think some people want KD so badly that they are suggesting that masai would/should give up 4 picks AND FVV+OG ... and to me... that is WAY too much.

I think the FVV+OG package is unrealistic to start from, they almost have to include Trent in the deal for the roster construction to make sense. It would be one of those two, plus Trent, plus some small filler like Malachi, and then the pile of picks.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I think the FVV+OG package is unrealistic to start from, they almost have to include Trent in the deal for the roster construction to make sense. It would be one of those two, plus Trent, plus some small filler like Malachi, and then the pile of picks.
              I agree.

I meanhypothetically you could make it work with out FVV and OG but it would mean relying more heavily on Otto which I would rather not due given his injury plagued career or having trent promoted to more.

The real question becomes.. between fred or og... who tips the scales more for the nets. I would suggest that if you give up Fred he is easier to sell being that he will definitely resign at a place without question. I think its also easier to give up picks if its that case because you have a young solid core and you are committing to every one of them. and you commit mutually to KD for 2/3 years. to make it work.

Comment

• You already have the Celtics saying they won#t move Robert Williams for KD. Now the Grizz are saying they won't move JJJ or BANE for KD. But then you have all these so called NBA experts on TV saying Raps should move Scottie + more for KD. Lol what a bunch of idiots.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Brooklyn know what they are asking for is unrealistic.

Comment

You already have the Celtics saying they won#t move Robert Williams for KD. Now the Grizz are saying they won't move JJJ or BANE for KD. But then you have all these so called NBA experts on TV saying Raps should move Scottie + more for KD. Lol what a bunch of idiots.

Why would JJJ and Bane be unavailable? Grizzlies should definitely consider the opportunity to get off JJJ's contract - he's a big man who can't rebound, is very inconsistent from 3, and he's always injured. Bane is nice and on a rookie contract, but he's an undersized SG who can be replaced.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Why would JJJ and Bane be unavailable? Grizzlies should definitely consider the opportunity to get off JJJ's contract - he's a big man who can't rebound, is very inconsistent from 3, and he's always injured. Bane is nice and on a rookie contract, but he's an undersized SG who can be replaced.
                      LOL they are unavailable because Memphis isn't really pursuing KD. Just checking, as all teams will do, to see if he sells super cheap.

These leaks all stink of the Nets trying to drum up a market that isn't there.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

LOL they are unavailable because Memphis isn't really pursuing KD. Just checking, as all teams will do, to see if he sells super cheap.

These leaks all stink of the Nets trying to drum up a market that isn't there.
                        Sure. But shouldn't Memphis actually be considering pursuing KD? Just like Toronto, they have zero chance of attracting a top 10 superstar by free agency to pair with Ja Morant. They have great depth, so a consolidation trade would make a lot of sense. Why not take a swing a chip for the next 2- years?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Sure. But shouldn't Memphis actually be considering pursuing KD? Just like Toronto, they have zero chance of attracting a top 10 superstar by free agency to pair with Ja Morant. They have great depth, so a consolidation trade would make a lot of sense. Why not take a swing a chip for the next 2- years?
                          Because the Grizz can win the chip with the team they have now? What if Morant didn't get injured in the playoffs? speaking of the playoffs, who gave the Warriors the most trouble in the playoff last year? the Grizzlies.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Because the Grizz can win the chip with the team they have now? What if Morant didn't get injured in the playoffs? speaking of the playoffs, who gave the Warriors the most trouble in the playoff last year? the Grizzlies.
                            The West will get better with the Clippers and Nuggets both being healthier. If the Grizzlies feel they are close to a chip then they should double down and bring in a super star to help even the playing field.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

The West will get better with the Clippers and Nuggets both being healthier. If the Grizzlies feel they are close to a chip then they should double down and bring in a super star to help even the playing field.
                              But trading for KD means the Grizz would lose their starting C and their starting 2 guard and more. And JJJ and Bane are not just good offensive players, they're also great defensive players.

I don't think it's worth it.

The best KD trade rumour that I heard that makes sense for both teams was KD to Boston for Brown, G. Williams, White + draft picks. If the Nets really turned that trade down then they're not serious about trading KD.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

But trading for KD means the Grizz would lose their starting C and their starting 2 guard and more. And JJJ and Bane are not just good offensive players, they're also great defensive players.

I don't think it's worth it.

The best KD trade rumour that I heard that makes sense for both teams was KD to Boston for Brown, G. Williams, White + draft picks. If the Nets really turned that trade down then they're not serious about trading KD.
                                Memphis may be able to move one of JJJ/Bane and keep the other. I don't know if both have to be going to the Nets. Plus I'm sure the Nets would prefer to move KD out West than to a division rival.

Comment

Working...
                                X