The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Lol I did not know that. 4-6 months. Yikes.
    yup also

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...r-Kevin-Durant

Thus far, Memphis has held back on including Desmond Bane or Jaren Jackson Jr. in trade offers for Durant. Memphis would like to build their package around draft picks and other young players.

and Ja just signed an extension... so they are offering picks and poo poo platter (brandon clarke isn't poo poo but you get the point). It isn't a real thing.

Comment

• ATL apparently offered Collins, Hunter and a FRP for Durrant. That team could be pretty damn scary with Trae, Murray and KD.

Comment

• An Irving-for-Westbrook trade makes too much sense not to do for (a sufficiently desperate version of the) Nets that just wants to remain on the treadmill long enough to figure out where to go from there... but it requires the Lakers to be realistic about what they can get for Westbrook.

I would expect that the Nets wouldn't consider that Atlanta offer until they're start-of-trading-camp level ready to deal. I think that right now, at least, they want someone who talented but is also enough of a marquee name that they can sell the trade to their fans (think Derozan) or someone who has one or more clear skillsets which are at a level they can start to build their team around (think Julius Randle). Collins is talented enough to be the former but is in Trae's shadow enough to not be fully marketable. And in regards to the latter, even though Collins is talented enough to be the lead asset in the trade, his versatility works against him here, as it isn't immediately clear how to build around that talent.

I do think Atlanta is likely to be able to structure a winning trade around Collins and Hunter and picks, especially if they are willing to attach more pick capital, and are wise enough to keep their powder dry until the Nets are more desperate to make a deal.

Comment

• I suspect Collins would be considered a somewhat better asset than like OG or Trent, but not by enough to justify the much lower pick offer. Not like a deal around Brown or Siakam in theory would do. So a Hawks package like that would win the tie break if they had a pile of picks they were sending, but they are very limited in what picks they can send since they've traded a bunch already. So I think this might be their best offer and I don't think it's better than the stuff that's already been floated out there by some other teams.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
            yup also

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...r-Kevin-Durant

and Ja just signed an extension... so they are offering picks and poo poo platter (brandon clarke isn't poo poo but you get the point). It isn't a real thing.
            Its odd to not want to include Bane in a trade for KD.

JJJ I can understand, he is young and when healthy has shown to be a DPOY level player.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Its odd to not want to include Bane in a trade for KD.

JJJ I can understand, he is young and when healthy has shown to be a DPOY level player.
              Like most teams in the league, there are enough question marks around KD that their offer is not serious. It's a "we'll take him if he's really cheap" offer. Which it sounds like is most of the market right now, with the frontrunners being the teams who have "we'll take him if he's kind of cheap" offers on the table - either a quality player or two plus a limited pick package or a bigger pick package with a more solid than spectacular player return.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                ATL apparently offered Collins, Hunter and a FRP for Durrant. That team could be pretty damn scary with Trae, Murray and KD.
                they have been trying to get rid of collins for EVER

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Like most teams in the league, there are enough question marks around KD that their offer is not serious. It's a "we'll take him if he's really cheap" offer. Which it sounds like is most of the market right now, with the frontrunners being the teams who have "we'll take him if he's kind of cheap" offers on the table - either a quality player or two plus a limited pick package or a bigger pick package with a more solid than spectacular player return.
                  market correction has been occuring

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    I suspect Collins would be considered a somewhat better asset than like OG or Trent, but not by enough to justify the much lower pick offer. Not like a deal around Brown or Siakam in theory would do. So a Hawks package like that would win the tie break if they had a pile of picks they were sending, but they are very limited in what picks they can send since they've traded a bunch already. So I think this might be their best offer and I don't think it's better than the stuff that's already been floated out there by some other teams.
                    collins would be considered better than Trent I don't think he is a better asset than OG since he isn't as versatile defensively.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                      An Irving-for-Westbrook trade makes too much sense not to do for (a sufficiently desperate version of the) Nets that just wants to remain on the treadmill long enough to figure out where to go from there... but it requires the Lakers to be realistic about what they can get for Westbrook.

I would expect that the Nets wouldn't consider that Atlanta offer until they're start-of-trading-camp level ready to deal. I think that right now, at least, they want someone who talented but is also enough of a marquee name that they can sell the trade to their fans (think Derozan) or someone who has one or more clear skillsets which are at a level they can start to build their team around (think Julius Randle). Collins is talented enough to be the former but is in Trae's shadow enough to not be fully marketable. And in regards to the latter, even though Collins is talented enough to be the lead asset in the trade, his versatility works against him here, as it isn't immediately clear how to build around that talent.

I do think Atlanta is likely to be able to structure a winning trade around Collins and Hunter and picks, especially if they are willing to attach more pick capital, and are wise enough to keep their powder dry until the Nets are more desperate to make a deal.
                      they gave up a good portion of their draft equity getting murray

three picks (one that is the hornets + two of their own ... unprotected). I don't think they have the amount of picks needed to really push a deal over the top.

also there are better assets (playerwise) on the market

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

collins would be considered better than Trent I don't think he is a better asset than OG since he isn't as versatile defensively.
                        I suspect Collins might have a little more trade value than OG (whether he's more valuable on court is another thing perhaps). But I could very well be wrong.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

• Yup, can close the thread.

Comment

• It was fun while it lasted.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

They’ll kiss and make up for media consumption to start the season and winning will cure all.
                                Called it from Day 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X