• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Called it from Day 1.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• KD backed down. Not too surprising. He's never seemed like a headcase who would sit out the season. I suspect things may heat up again at the trade deadline, and if not then for sure next offseason when Kyrie is up for a new contract.

The Rico Runs have me pretty amped for our team as is so I'm not upset about this. Time to finalize Fred's new deal and sign Koloko.

Comment

Called it from Day 1.
        that was like day 15!

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          KD backed down. Not too surprising. He's never seemed like a headcase who would sit out the season. I suspect things may heat up again at the trade deadline, and if not then for sure next offseason when Kyrie is up for a new contract.

The Rico Runs have me pretty amped for our team as is so I'm not upset about this. Time to finalize Fred's new deal and sign Koloko.
          This silly exercise was all about Joe Tsai wanting to teach Kyrie a lesson and put him in his place - with KD foolishly supporting him. It seems to have worked... for now. But like a spoiled kid whose parents never disciplined him until he got to high school, I doubt this one is over. Kyrie doesn't like to be controlled... he will regroup. Should be a lot of great stories coming out of the Nets media this year.

Comment

This silly exercise was all about Joe Tsai wanting to teach Kyrie a lesson and put him in his place - with KD foolishly supporting him. It seems to have worked... for now. But like a spoiled kid whose parents never disciplined him until he got to high school, I doubt this one is over. Kyrie doesn't like to be controlled... he will regroup. Should be a lot of great stories coming out of the Nets media this year.
            They are going to be an entertaining shit show all season. You didn't even mention Simmons, who is maybe the biggest headcase of the bunch. Of their big 3 who plays the most games? I'd guess KD but injuries seem like a big risk for him, so I really don't know.

Comment

KD backed down. Not too surprising. He's never seemed like a headcase who would sit out the season. I suspect things may heat up again at the trade deadline, and if not then for sure next offseason when Kyrie is up for a new contract.

oh for sure but KD will not be worth the same amount next year heading into an age 35 season.

Comment

LOL. This is going to be a disaster....

Comment

• Lol..What a F&%% Joke.
                  Diva..this guy has no b^%%..and backed down, Draymond was right.
                  What a waste of thread, close this Thread..
                  I don't want 2 hear this clowns name again.
                  Only grace is we can move on from this b&%% and get a legitimate center and some more bench help..
                  I rather have a Myles Turner and some good bench players..move guys like Gary Trent, Flynn, byrch and other players we don't need.
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

I don't think they can technically sign Koloko yet. If the rumors were true that the Raptors sent Harris his qualifying offer. They can only bring 20 to camp and they have 20 signed to deals right now (including Harris, but not including Koloko).

So they would have to likely waive or trade someone first. But I could be wrong here.

As for Fred, he still has until October.. and the Raptors likely don't approach him until then with that offer.

Comment

They are going to be an entertaining shit show all season. You didn't even mention Simmons, who is maybe the biggest headcase of the bunch. Of their big 3 who plays the most games? I'd guess KD but injuries seem like a big risk for him, so I really don't know.
                      The KD-Simmons dynamic could be spectacular if things goes the wrong way. KD lives and breathes basketball.... it's his passion. Simmons plays basketball because he's tall, athletic and it pays well. His personality reminds me of Bargnani.

Joe Tsai called their bluff and it worked - but it's still a bluff. The main reason it worked is because Kyrie tested the free agent waters and he couldn't find a better deal than simply opting in for 1 season. He was humbled by his market value, so now he will need to play games and play well to rebuild that value. He's saying all the right things, apparently, but that's a bruised ego talking. Kyrie will have a few tricks up his sleeve to try and get some power back, I'm sure. Get the popcorn ready.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I don't think they can technically sign Koloko yet. If the rumors were true that the Raptors sent Harris his qualifying offer. They can only bring 20 to camp and they have 20 signed to deals right now (including Harris, but not including Koloko).

So they would have to likely waive or trade someone first. But I could be wrong here.

As for Fred, he still has until October.. and the Raptors likely don't approach him until then with that offer.
                        They actually have 20 NOT including Harris (or Koloko). Have to cut two to sign them both.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

They actually have 20 NOT including Harris (or Koloko). Have to cut two to sign them both.
                          Right forgot about Gabe Brown. Thanks.

I think this might have been the reason they delayed the Koloko signing. Not so much KD, but because of Harris' situation.

Comment

• Kind of refreshing to see the nets management hold their ground on this one and say f u, you signed a contract play it out or sit.
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                              It was fun while it lasted.
                              Who's going to take KD seroously now. Lol
                              Might as well retire a Nets.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X