The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Kind of refreshing to see the nets management hold their ground on this one and say f u, you signed a contract play it out or sit.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      At least for now, this is as good of an outcome as the Nets could have hoped for. On paper they are right back at the top of the heap as contenders if their big 3 are healthy and committed.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
        Thank goodness, stop the madness NOW

Comment

• here is a question would you all want to trae for KD next year? because my answer is no if it isn't this year.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
            here is a question would you all want to trae for KD next year? because my answer is no if it isn't this year.
            I'm completely over him. I hope for the same Nets result as last year.

Comment

• I can't wait till this team melts down mid season over an argument that the earth is flat and somebody says kd is getting old and he breaks down crying and asks to be traded. Poor Nash.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
                I can't wait till this team melts down mid season over an argument that the earth is flat and somebody says kd is getting old and he breaks down crying and asks to be traded. Poor Nash.
                Nash was brought in to manage superstar egos. He’s failed miserably at that.

Comment

here is a question would you all want to trae for KD next year? because my answer is no if it isn't this year.
                  No.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• What is it about Nash's career that makes you think he was brought in to manage superstar egos? Maybe he was brought in as a coach superstars might respect for his basketball intellect. You know, the hall of fame career and all.

To me the biggest issue with the Nets falls squarely on Kyrie not being committed to basketball. All the other storylines people are coming up with are just that.

Comment

It will be more difficult. Gary and OG are young so they will likely improve and increase their value.

Even if KD still continues to average 27+ points and doesn't have any major injury, his value will either stay the same or decrease because he will be 35 and have 3 years left on his contract.

Comment

• Interesting comment I saw floating around… Marks/Tsai gave KD an ultimatum: (a) you honor your contact and play with the Nets, or (b) we trade you to Toronto.

The situation got resolved quickly. Lol.

Comment

• If we're whale hunting we should target guys who are in their primes or entering their primes and not a 35 year old old man. SGA and Murray are the two guys that I keep mentioning here. No they're not superstars but they're all star caliber players.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                            If we're whale hunting we should target guys who are in their primes or entering their primes and not a 35 year old old man. SGA and Murray are the two guys that I keep mentioning here. No they're not superstars but they're all star caliber players.
                            The Raps' strategy has been to develop All Stars. It's the "whales" which have been out of reach and thus we needed to trade for. A lot riding on how Scottie develops of course.

Comment

If we're whale hunting we should target guys who are in their primes or entering their primes and not a 35 year old old man. SGA and Murray are the two guys that I keep mentioning here. No they're not superstars but they're all star caliber players.
                              I mean, sure. But you need a team to be bailing on a star player in their early prime, which is... a rarity to say the least.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If they ever request a trade or get closer to free agency, Raptors will be there.

Its less about who the Raptors are targeting and more about gauging what the value is for these players.

Comment

Working...
                                X