Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane
    replied
    Maybe he's like Giannis and wants to win a chip with running around to buddy up, gotta respect that.
    And you can't ignore that stance gets you paid the absolute most with the sooper dooper pooper max as well.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

It's a lot more work and expectations
    I don’t think Shai has a problem with work and expectations.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I don't understand how some players who seem to be dogs can stomach losing.
    I mean, they're already set for life. Why not chase greatness?
    It's a lot more work and expectations

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

..but nobody really tanks right out of the gate. They still have to try and sell tickets to fans.
    76ers did that for many years.

Masai should seriously try get him out of there.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

Yes, a very important distinction.

Beal and Lillard are on teams desperately trying to win, and treating them as the stars they need to surround with other guys to get them there.

SGA is on a team actively trying to lose as many games as possible his entire career. That has to suck big time.
    OKC made the playoffs and took Houston to 7 games.. so Shai wasn't losing his first year. He was absolutely in a tankfest his last two (where they got Giddey and Chet). But OKC did shut down Shai from the world cup qualifiers.

Him getting injured would be a sneaky coup if they want to just lose every game next season. So I'm not sure if they want to lose. I think there is a point it happens naturally, but nobody really tanks right out of the gate. They still have to try and sell tickets to fans.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

Losing in every form sucks, but there is a difference between losing while trying to win (Wiz & Blazers) and actively trying to lose (OKC).

Also, you can't know that what makes those guys tick is the same for Shai.
    Yes, a very important distinction.

Beal and Lillard are on teams desperately trying to win, and treating them as the stars they need to surround with other guys to get them there.

SGA is on a team actively trying to lose as many games as possible his entire career. That has to suck big time.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied

Cause some players look at it as just a job.

Most people hate their jobs but the pay keeps them there. No difference being a player on a losing NBA team.

At the end of the day they go home to their mansion, their family, their lifestyle and that's their real life. Can life be better if they are winning? sure but the effort and dealing with the stress of excellence every day isn't for everybody. Even the greatest players usually cannot maintain it for very long.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Legacy. Jersey retirement, maybe statue, all of that.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied

If I had to guess it's a combination of the much greater wealth they get from sticking with the same team (super max deal) and the bar for "greatness" being set so high. They're never going to be considered all time greats like LeBron, Kobe or Duncan. Beal & Lillard don't even make the All Star team unless the first option is out with injury.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post

Beal & Lillard are doing just fine losing with big contracts for staying in those environments.
    Losing in every form sucks, but there is a difference between losing while trying to win (Wiz & Blazers) and actively trying to lose (OKC).

Also, you can't know that what makes those guys tick is the same for Shai.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied

Beal & Lillard are doing just fine losing with big contracts for staying in those environments.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

He can get paid on any other team except he can also be winning.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied

Money. It's a contract. It's still a job.
    He can get paid on any other team except he can also be winning.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied

I don't think Poku is an NBA player. He'll be out of the league soon I suspect. But yeah they want length and lots of it. Wonder if they bench Shai for half the season again for some undisclosed injury.
    I worry about Victor holding up as well.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied

Chet has the potential to be a great player.. when you talk potential you always go to a ceiling. Like Scottie and the Giannis or Kawhi comparisons.

A SG is a shooting guard. When has it ever been small guard? They both play out on the perimeter. They can handle the ball and they are elite shooters. They don't bang inside like your 90's style bigs. They are not Bam Adebayo's for example.

Chet is super skilled like KD is. Whether he becomes KD or better is unlikely, but he's also only 20 years old.
    Sorry, i mean shooting guard.

And l said no, I can't see Chet having a KD ceiling that's why I cited his play in college.
    I see his KP as his ceiling, IF he can stay healthy
    Last edited by Kagemusha; Thu Aug 25, 2022, 06:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X